FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Gun" talk...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 5:21pm
Yes, but that variant is designated M21.
southernboy51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southernboy51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 5:23pm
Yeah, my bad, that is a M21, sorry.
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 6:05pm
I must know what kinda security we're talking (out of curiousity) if it was E.P I'd carry a 45 on a belt holster and a small revolver on an ankle holster as a backup.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 6:09pm
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 6:11pm
Captain Mordred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Mordred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 6:36pm
yeah, someone just got owned
No i didn't call for a paintcheck....oh that? No, that's not paint...that's...just the way i like to part my hair!
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

I reccomend against the AC-556. My dad just dumped his mini-14 for several reasons. Lack of good magazines. The only hi-caps I'd trust would be rugers 20 rounders. They run about $80. Another is accuracy. The short barreled AC-556 should have less barrel "whip" but accuracy goes to crap once the barrel starts to get hot, which is after about 5 rounds.

Earmuffs on! I refuse to believe it! My Mini-14 is my favorite of all my rifles! Does it have flaws, yep, but I believe most of them are "easy" fixes and its practical. Mags, I just bought a few factory 20 LEs for $30 bucks each! Replaced my crappy Stainless 30s. My mini is going to be chopped back to 16ish really soon to stop the whip. As far as the auto/burst aspect, all of my issued M16s were useless on burst. While I have not shot the AC on full auto, I have video (strong evidance ) of a guy at Knob Creek taking it to task without much climb. I can't imagine it being any "touchier" when it comes to the elements than a M16. From my experience of 1000s of rounds through an M16A2, and being a "Marine Corps Rifle Expert", I still wouldn't trust em! I can remember during live fire exercises and such when it just wouldn't shoot. It was a pain in the rear, especially when you have chances to waster tax payers' dollars! Now I am mad!
As far as Aks, I don't have enough experience to comment, although I should have bought an AKM for $250 when I had the chance...

Edited by WUNgUN - 01 February 2006 at 7:32pm
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Monkey Dust View Drop Down
Total Idiot - Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 7:33pm

I WIN

a new breed of dracula!!!!!!

WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Rock Slide Rock Slide wrote:

<Y'all are making me feel bad about my Mini-14(S/S).† I've never had a problem. Use reloads (55g) w/ nail polish over the primers... And can tag prairie dogs at 200 yards. Coyotes are easier. I don't have any problems in the cleaning department and even the aftermarket 30-round clips work good. If I needed to carry, this would be it.† Itís the familiarity of it.† Kind of like your paintball gun. You know where the round will land when you pull the trigger. What good is a god gun if you have to get use to it in order to be effective? The first accurate shot winsÖ

Thank you! Thats why I went AC556, the top of the Mini food chain.

Edited by WUNgUN - 01 February 2006 at 7:38pm
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Strife_17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strife_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by paintbusta paintbusta wrote:

erg beat me to it 30mm is a beast

H&K G36K
And

Sig P229 Homeland Security Pistol .40

Lastly

Death Star FTW

Edited by Strife_17 - 01 February 2006 at 7:54pm
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 8:00pm

If you're really hell bent on it(and since you're familiar with it, and that counts for a lot) and go with the AC556, you might want to consider having some work done. I don't remember the name of the company off the top of my head(I'm thinking it's Accuracy Inc)but there's one out there who'll do a lot of custom work on mini's and make them shoot. A mini with a short, heavier barrel, scout rail on the gas block, and maybe a new gas port bushing and lighter op rod, and an effective muzzle break could be nasty in full auto. The AC556 and short barreled mini-14 varients are supposed to be more accurate than standard mini's. I'd reccomend a scout type scope mount since mini's don't favor conventional scope mounting.

If you have a reliable source of good mags and are familiar with the rifle, then go for it. You can make it a decent gun.

Still, with 20 rounds, I'd really be looking at one of Troy's M-14's. At least pic one up and see if it's really too heavy for you. They fold up shorter than an M-4 and have all sorts of good features. The op rod has been moved to the side to keep muzzle rise to a minimum and according to the representative I've talked to, sub MOA accuracy is garunteed. One of his examples was capable of 3" grouping at 500 yards with match ammo, which is rediculous for any autoloader. They are a bit heavy with a silencer, foregrip, flashlight, laser and ACOG, but should be tolerable with an Eotec or Reflex and minimal accessories. If I were only allowed to own one rifle for any reason, I'd have one built on a pre-ban milled receiver.

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:21pm
remington 11-87 w/ smooth bore barrel. Alternating 00/slug
Sent from a phone booth
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 5:57pm
I'm sorry to pull up a "dead" post, but I just had to.

Firstly Heya WunGun, LTNS. Same to Red -98 and OS.

You don't really give enough information. What exactly will you be doing in this "security" setting. If it guarenteed close range I'll go with the Remington 870 or the Ithaca 37, in 12 guage. Both are seriously good shotguns. My nod goes to the 870, simply because I own one, and you can get Wilson Combat to work their magic on it.

Reduce the barrel length to 18 1/4" - 20". Increase the magazine to 8 - 9 3" rounds. Get the SureFire frontend for easy target aquisition, and get ghost ring sights slapped on the top. A side shell sholder is always a good thing. Extra rounds on tap. But then I happen to be an outstanding shot with a shotgun. Personally I'd keep it stoked with 00 or 000 buckshot, and have some rifled slugs on the side saddle. All of which is in common supply all around the world.

I'm only a mediocre rifle shot.

With a rifle, you are more or less stuck to what you can get. Ammo wise this is going to be 5.56mm/.223 Rem, 5.45x39mm Soviet, 7.62x39mm Soviet and 7.62x51mm Nato.

Again this would depend on the situation. If it was room to room or house to house, then I'd suggest a shorty AR in either 5.56mm or 5.45mm. Both are dangerous rounds when fired up close and personal. I'm not too enamoured with the 5.56mm Greenies, but at under 100m they will still be lethal.

There are many good rifles in this caliber. The US army issue M4 is a good one. Reliable enough and you get many cool addons. The one I use is the South African made Vektor LM6. It's a shorty Galil. You could go G36C or G36K, both very handy very short rifles. The new H&KM4 with the gas piston upper should remove the most common AR-15 style faults. I don't really like the Mini 14's, or the Mini 30, but suprisingly I love the M1 Carbine. Go figure.

I'm a decent shot with an AK though. I seem to be able to predict the 7.62x39mm's flight path quite well. From talking to the guys "in country" I'd say go with an AK. Either the older 47's or the newer 74's. Thats mainly what the private security guys get because that what their employers own. The ammo is also plentiful. The AK 47 isn't much longer than an M4. Although it does lack the fancy add ons, a decent gunsmith should be able to kit one up for you. And it should be easy enough to get some wester made plastic furniture for it, with rails.

The shorty 7.62x51mm is the best of both worlds. It will arrive with authority out to ranges of 500m or more. If you can shoot that far. I'd equip it with an ACOG as well. Long range and close up.

HOWEVER AVOID THE 30 ROUND MAGS FOR THEM. They are too big and prevent you going prone. And going prone is quite important. Well you can GO prone, but you can't SHOOT from the prone position.

If it was a solely long range thing I'd get an Springfield M1 or some such. Accurate, semi auto and mag fed.

Then you get the exotics. Aparently the PPSH-43 has seen quite a lot of use in the sandbox. Not suprisingly. The 7.62x25mm Tok round is a nifty round. Over 60 rounds on tap, and reliable as all hell. A little heavy, but a nice weapon.

Then you get things like the 6.8SPM, or the 6.8Grendel or other exotic ammo.

If I was pushed to choose one rifle to cover all uses, I'd probably go with the shorty FN-FAL style weapon with an ACOG. DSA make one I believe.

If you are absolutely positively used to an Mini 14 and can't get rained on another gun, or you don't want to (The mind shuts down under stress and muscle memory kicks in, hard training will be required to overcome your present training with the Mini 14) then ake it by all means.

KBK
Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 10:49pm

Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

b-4-3

Think about it. CS players will get it.
You use "b" to buy? What a noob. And I'm assuming you're CT, so, Colt. Nice choice.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 10:50pm
I use b to buy?
*The Curse* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *The Curse* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 10:55pm
What the hell is this "b" you speak of.
Can you feel her burn through her viens. She will alwayws live forever
Monkey Dust View Drop Down
Total Idiot - Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 11:18pm
Ahhh. the secret "B". This letter they speek of is evil, evils ah tells ya.
a new breed of dracula!!!!!!

TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 1:44am

Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 2:56pm
www.robarm.com seem to have some interesting rifles. The XCR, M96 carbine and RAV02 might be good bets.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 3:21pm
Screw guns. I'll just shoot balls of energy out of my hands.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic