FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Gun" talk...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 8:22pm

Guns dont kill people,
Husbands that come home early do

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 8:23pm
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 8:23pm

Mr.Shake56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Shake56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Guns dont kill people,
Husbands that come home early do

i lol'd
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 8:47pm

All it needs is a vertical grip, Amega Rail, and EOTech. (no SS either)Magazines would worry me a bit, too. Rugers are known for being picky, factory 20s/30s would be a must.

Edited by WUNgUN - 31 January 2006 at 8:49pm
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by WUNgUN WUNgUN wrote:

[IMG]Rugers are known for being picky
That would eliminate it as a choice for me!
The only country I can think of off-hand that bought and used the AC556 was Jordan. And even now, I think that they've been long replaced by ARs.

I like Rugers as much as the next guy. Heck, if it's good enough for Hannibal Smith and B.A. Baracus, it's good enough for me!

But I'd be wary with one while in the sandbox. Unless you're good at not leaving behind your empty mags and are REALLY quick at reloading mags with stripper clips.
` View Drop Down

"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 8:59pm
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 9:00pm

I reccomend against the AC-556. My dad just dumped his mini-14 for several reasons. Lack of good magazines. The only hi-caps I'd trust would be rugers 20 rounders. They run about $80. Another is accuracy. The short barreled AC-556 should have less barrel "whip" but accuracy goes to crap once the barrel starts to get hot, which is after about 5 rounds. AK's produce better accuracy on average. It's difficult to mount optics on one, and while they shoot while dirty better than an M-16(sorta, more later), they have their own problems. The fireing pin is inacessable. So if it breaks you're screwed. Only Ruger will replace it. The stainless steel models tend to stick to themselves and primer sealant will gum the pin in place. I was unable to kill a freaking woodchuck due to this malfunction. As for it being easier to clean, you HAVE to clean from the muzzle unless you use a pull-through. Non chromed barrels take longer to clean also. I've also fired a version almost identical to the one you posted, in full auto. They're nowhere near as controlable as an M-16 type since they have a lot more moving mass, not to mention a high bore axis.

A Kalashnikov would be superior in every respect.

ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 9:40pm
Duel Colt .45's.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
PaintballkidEPS View Drop Down

Strike 2 - F-Bomb in Avatar (08/21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballkidEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 9:57pm
actually considering it i might change my answer and go with the ACR (advanced Combat Rifle) 
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 10:05pm
ShortyBPs was the only comprehensive post with any real merit. A couple other good one,s but his was excellent, though I disagree with his PDW sentiments. 5.7mm (P90) and 4.6mm (H&K MP7) are both thoroughly useless rounds. Limited to roughly two hundred meters effective range, they overpenetrate, and transmit far too little kimetic energy to the target. No stopping power. Yes, they'll go through armour, but it would be like trying to stab someone to death witha n icepick. Yes, it can be done, but it takes a lot of stabs and is a real hassle.

Pistols are too range-limited, and won't penetrate sufficiently.

5.56 is getting there, but again it's a weak round.

7.62 is more to my liking, but suffers from size and weight issues. I would settle for a 7.62 carbine, like a SCAR(H), or a carbined M14 family rifle, if necessary.

An intermediate chambering, then, is the logical solution. I'd eprsonally favour a safe-semi-auto AR lower receiver with retracting stock, with an upper receiver cahmbered for 6.8mm out of an 18 inch barrel. Good compromize for size and weight, but the barrel length is long enough for distance shooting if absoltuely necessary.

For sighting I'd have an EOTech 552 holosight with backup iron sights that can fold down to stay clear of the optics. I'd mount a surefire combination foregrip/flashlight up front on the rail, close in to the mag.

I'm very comfortable with ARs (M16 style), and the 6.8mm round fits in magazines that will fit an AR lower receiver, so the weapon would be familiar to me. The 6.8 has a good balance of stopping power and distance versus compactness.

No scope. If I can't see it well enough with the EOTech or the iron sight,s I probably don't need to shoot at it- we're tlakign survival situation ehre, and long range firefights are not ocndusive to life expectancy. Escape and evade would be my modus operandi.

6.8 of coure assumes no ammunition difficulty. If ammo supply was a factor, an AR-10 with a carbine stock and shorter barrel, chambered for civilian .308 would be my call, or, depending on what part of the world we're in, a modern civilian AK variant chambered in 7.62, though I'm not a fan of 7.62 short due to poor balistic performance, and relative weight.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by chronic future chronic future wrote:

FN F2000. No one will give you any trouble.

RCP90?

saepe fidelis
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 10:14pm
fn scar
chronic future View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I’m not back in 5 mins.. Wait longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronic future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 10:17pm
not the scar, i said what it was when i posted it, its the F2000.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 10:35pm
'RCP90' doens't exist- it was the James Bond version of the FN P90 SMg, the 5.7mm SMG that I already wrote off in my post.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 10:40pm
Muuahhhaa

Edited by Sammy - 31 January 2006 at 10:40pm
L337Republican View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L337Republican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 10:45pm

Originally posted by DracoPlasm DracoPlasm wrote:

ak-47 with grenade launcher attached and a drum not a clip

Nothing beats ol' reliable, I'd do the same thing but put a scope on it,  get a Glock 34, and a trench spike for my backup's backup.

edited for pictures

Edited by L337Republican - 31 January 2006 at 11:02pm
Mr.Shake56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Shake56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 11:01pm
id get dual 6 shot magnums
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 11:01pm
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 11:08pm

Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

Originally posted by WUNgUN WUNgUN wrote:

Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

I have a gun in my pants everyday.

More like a pea-shooter, pun intended...

If by pea-shooter you mean bazooka, than you are correct.

You do know guys that brag about their junk usually have the smallest. It's called little man syndrom. There is a cure it's called **edited**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic