Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ebay tanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
diedonimpact View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ebay tanks
    Posted: 30 January 2006 at 5:56pm
would it be a good idea to buy a tank from ebay? i know it sounds stupid but im dirt poor, and i need a nice tank for tournament play.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 6:37pm

Originally posted by diedonimpact diedonimpact wrote:

would it be a good idea to buy a tank from ebay? i know it sounds stupid but im dirt poor, and i need a nice tank for tournament play.

I have bought three HPA tanks off Ebay. I got exactly what they described. One was out of hydrostatic test and was advertised that way...and was very cheap...a wrapped 45/3000 tank for $50 .

The second was also out of hydro and had a defective valve, but it was a 90/4500 which I got for $90...Both tanks cost me $16 to hydro and the larger one cost $65 to have a new valve installed. This wasn't the greatest deal, but there were some extra parts with it that I was able to sell for $35.

The last tank was a 68/4500 with three years left on the hydro that I got for $130. The bargains are there, just make sure of the sellers return policy in case there is damage that prevents it from passing a new hydro-test if what you are buying is out of test. 

My advise is to buy something that has at least a year remaining on the previous hydrostatic test just to reduce the hassle.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 30 January 2006 at 6:41pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 8:58pm
thank you im probably going to do that. ok i found a really cheap NEW tank, but its from a company ive never seen before....guerilla air? is this a relialbe company? is it worth 150 carbon fiber?

Edited by diedonimpact - 30 January 2006 at 9:06pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 2:45am

thank you im probably going to do that. ok i found a really cheap NEW tank, but its from a company ive never seen before....guerilla air? is this a relialbe company? is it worth 150 carbon fiber?
If you want someone to help you evaluate an item you need to provide a link or at least a more detailed description so we can locate it. What size is this tank? New or used?
a5king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 2:47pm

ebay tanks are fake...

btw,just stick with co2...cause broke too..lol

shut up..or i'll blast ur a$$....

TEHGANGSTER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Dodging

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEHGANGSTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 4:32pm
wow co2 sucks, nah, if they rip you off, call the police in thier area, and get your money back, and tell ebay to ban them.....

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 6:32pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 6:34pm
I have never heard of 3A paintball

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 7:45pm
same but im not that knowledgable in hpa systems so i really cant tell if this is a good tank or not
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:35pm

is this a nice tank?
The tank is actually made by Luxfer which is one of the best manufacturers out there for quality cylinders.

All tanks are made by one of several manufacturers for retailers like 3A. If the price doesn't climb much higher (<$140) it is a pretty good deal. No tank this size is worth the $200+ that is usual list price you will find in the pro shops.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 7:22am
bruce FINALLY someone answered my question thank you
Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 4:56pm
The cost and difference usually isn't in the tank. The only really difference there is weight, and most HPA paintball tanks are Luxfer. At least the wrapped ones.

The biggest difference is the Reg. Repeatablity and Consistancy can vary A LOT from reg to reg. That's were the cost is.

Though you can always add a second reg from palmer or where ever to help with that if you do have a crappy reg.

Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

pmurda69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmurda69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 5:28pm
IF the person has a pretty good reputation, I would buy if its a good deal
zeitlinh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeitlinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 9:25pm

did u win?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 7:16am
yah i just won the one that was about a day or two ago
zeitlinh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeitlinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 11:03pm
congrats
Sureshot3091. View Drop Down

Modern family man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sureshot3091. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 11:05pm
3A is Guerrilla Air if I'm correct...Which they rock...
ice_cold_pimpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ice_cold_pimpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 5:35pm
dont just look at their reputation look at how much junk they sold cause if they only sold 5 or 6 you could be the 1st one to get ripped off................u may know this but im just trying to feel smart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedonimpact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 8:44pm

it was an ebay store, and i just used my tank today. worked like a charm

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 12:19am
I bought my gun, tank, mask, basically all my paintball crap off ebay and I'm satisfied. You just gotta be carefull of what you look at.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic