Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

whats the best nitrogen co2 or compressed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_fish_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _fish_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats the best nitrogen co2 or compressed
    Posted: 29 January 2006 at 3:59am

i just bought a 98custom and it says its compatible with co2 nitrogen and compressed air whats the best for the gun and which do you get the most shots out of? thanks

pwned!!! View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness 6/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwned!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 6:37am
in paintball terms, nitrogen and compressed air are the same things, compressed air is better for your gun because it gives you better consistency and its healthier for your gun. if you use co2 you can get liquid co2 in your gun which can harm it.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 1:25pm

Compressed air is better.  It can be refered to as HPA, Nitro, Nitrogen, or compressed air.  It is cheaper to fill than Co2, some places even give it to you for free.  An HPA tank that is fiber-wrapped is usually lighter than a Co2 tank that will give you a comparable amount of shots.  Here is a general guide to how many shots you will get based on what you are using:

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/resources/shotspertank.html

If you have the money, I suggest you buy an HPA tank.  Later on down the road when you get more experience with paintball, you will be happy you did.

pwned!!! View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness 6/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwned!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 4:37pm
^ my paintball store fills HPA tanks for more money than co2 tanks
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 7:23pm
well if you just bought your 98 custom, I suggest you pick up a CO2 tank and play with that for a little while. Make sure you like the sport before you go dumping too much money into it. 
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 1:09am
my local field fills the tanks for free. but you do have to pay a $10 field fee. so that pretty much covers the air. but still
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Tippyprouser Tippyprouser wrote:

my local field fills the tanks for free. but you do have to pay a $10 field fee. so that pretty much covers the air. but still

But a HPA tank still costs a lot more than a CO2 tank...

For a Tippmann, you'll do just fine by starting out on CO2. If you should choose later to upgrade, fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic