Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leak at Tank Adapter A5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leak at Tank Adapter A5
    Posted: 26 January 2006 at 1:13pm
Just yesterday I got the Tippman A5 that I bought on ebay. This morning I tried to install a tank of Co2 but it would constantly leak at the tank adapter to point I could see the Co2 spraying into the room. The auction stated that it was "brand new" yet it came with this problem. I would like to know if an O-ring is supposed to be in the tank adapter, there is nothing there. Thank you.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2006 at 3:59pm
There is supposed to be an o-ring on the tank. If you're having leakage problems then drop a tank o-ring into the ASA and then screw in the tank.

And just remember. Ebay auctions are just as truthful as an army recruiter.
Fiestyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiestyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2006 at 10:51pm
i bought a 98c off ebay. works fine but i think the ASA is bending my tank valves... Im going to  take it somewheers to get checked out. How much would a new ASA cost?
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2006 at 12:39am

Edited by Bango - 27 January 2006 at 1:56pm
Forwen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2006 at 12:33pm
Wow I did what The Guy suggested and it actually worked! I just put a tank's O-ring onto the ASA/tank adapter and there was no leakage. However, the tank does not screw in all the way, but I'm happy. Thanks!
Scotchbroth View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Languge 1/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchbroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2006 at 10:49am

Was there an o ring on your tank to begin with? If yes then i think it will be damaged, This can happen when you take the tank off incorrectly.

Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2006 at 5:05pm
was there an o-ring on the tank itself? and if it does, it may have been leaking cuz you didn't put oil on the tank oring before screwing on.
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2006 at 6:53pm

Originally posted by Tippyprouser Tippyprouser wrote:

was there an o-ring on the tank itself? and if it does, it may have been leaking cuz you didn't put oil on the tank oring before screwing on.

Why do you always say what other people say?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic