Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Paintball Story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
KlauseFluoride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KlauseFluoride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Paintball Story
    Posted: 23 January 2006 at 12:14pm
    I was wonder what everyone's story is. How did you get into paintball, where do you play, etc? I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so this works. I also tried searching it and found nothing. Okay, here goes:

I started playing paintball the day after christmas 1999. I went to my dad's house for christmans there, and my friend Kenny also came along to hang out. My dad's girlfriend's son, Mike, was into paintball as a fad, and he had bought a talon for himself a bit earlier, and gotten a 300 dollar spyder for christmas. I didn't get anything big, but I was confused as to why I got a brass eagle paintball mask. Then my dad announced that we were going to a paintball store to get me a gun. And so we went to a store and I had no idea what was going on. It was out of pure luck that my dad decided on a tippman 98 power pack. And so we filled my 9oz, mike's 16oz and bought a bag of 500 paintballs.

It was still early in the afternoon when we got home, and I got my 98 together, mike got his spyder, and kenny used the talon. We walked out into some woods down the street and played a couple of free for all matches. Good fun. Over that christmas break I bought a red dot sight, which is completely worthless.

From there, I started playing paintball more and more. I was in 6th grade when I started, and I played a few games spottily until 8th grade, when more and more of my friends had guns. One huge game with like 15 people was my friends and I against my mom's friends with rented guns. Another big place to play was in the woods behind a mormon church (we had permission, one of my friends was a mormon and asked if we could). That year I also upgraded to an A5.

In 9th grade, our group fell apart. The mormon friend went to military school in Virginia, although he did buy a perfectly good pro carbine for 12 bucks from some rich kid who forgot his wallet at the lunch line. However, I did get a couple of my friends who are ont his forum to get into paintball. VisionImp and Hatebreed I believe are their names on this forum. VisionImp got a 98 and Hatebreed got a pro carbine. We also got a couple of other kids into it, and we started a 'team.' We played mostly at big games at a nearby field called Liberty Paintball, or at another field I don't remember the name of, although there were a number of woodsball skirmishes. We once tried to make a speedball field out of chairs in my backyard, but that didn't work so well.

Then VisionImp got an Impulse, and Hatebreed got a 2k3 ebladed autococker. They got into a fight and stopped hanging out with each other. Problems aside, the following summer was the most intense season of paintball I have ever experienced. We built a speedball field in my woods out of plywood and kiddy play houses. After a while of that, Hatebreed met some kids who were sponsored, and we were invited to play with them. We started playing at a speedball field every sunday over the summer against a sponsored paintball team. The field owner was looking to put together a lower level team (I forget the order: Novice, Rookie, Amateur, Pro ? He was making a second level team and he already had a 3rd level). And so we played our hardest trying to get noticed. Also around this time, my  mormon friend was kicked out of military school and we played a couple of games in my backyard. He kept his marker at my house, as did another one of my friends. Also, I got a 2k3 super stock autococker, Evo II and a 68/4500 tank.

That summer I went to Canada for 2 weeks. When I got home, we found out our house sitter had a party and they had stolen everything of value from my house. My 98, my A5, my friend's guns, and my brand new autococker were just gone. Using insurance money, we replaced the autococker, and the police recovered one of my friend's guns, unfortunately it was the worst one, a brass eagle avenger. We played at the professional speedball field only twice after that, and the entire next year, 2005, I never played paintball once.
    Come about 20 days ago, my girlfriend's best friend's brother invited me to play paintball with him and his friends. Hatebreed, me, my girlfriend and her cousin got together and went out to play with them. I loved it. The next weekend, I bought my girlfriend a BT 4 for her birthday, and I invited everyone to come to my house and play at my speedball field. They had played almost exclusively woodsball, and they fell in love with it. We scheduled a game the following sunday (yesterday) I decided to replace one of my stolen back up guns and ordered a pro carbine, which will probably arrive tomorrow.  When the 3rd game came (again at my speedball field), a bunch of my mom's friend pulled out their old guns and played with us. Also, my girlfriend's sister bought an A5. My mom's boyfriend's room mate had left an old broken 98 at his apartment, and so he brought that and his spyder 2000. When I took the 98 apart it turned out there wasn't much wrong with it, and there were a couple of upgrades. It turned out to be a 20 dollar fix, most of that money replacing screws. During the game, my mom decided to go out and buy the cheapest gun she could find and play with us.  So as of right now I own a superstock 03 autococker, a tippmann 98 (with expansion chamber and double trigger), a pro carbine, and an Icon X. It's really kind of funny, in the beginning I worked my way up from a 98 to an A5 to an autococker, and now I start with a replaced autococker, then a pro carbine, then a 98, then an Icon X.

There;s my story, how about yours?

Edited by KlauseFluoride - 23 January 2006 at 12:15pm
Just to alert everyone, "Gun maintenace and repair" is misspelled.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 12:22pm
So, long story shortened..., you played in 6th grade, got robber, and now are starting again.  Mkay.  I just started in the rain on some dark night.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 12:22pm
Just how bored are you...

?
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 12:32pm
i started when a friend invited me along and let me  barrow his brothers gun who was in iraq at the time.  since then i quit woodsball and now play on a tournmament team
piranhakiller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piranhakiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 12:37pm
I started I guess when me and my best friend were 11 years old and stole his bros PGP and started shooting birds with it.  Then my other friend invited me to go to splatter park with him a year later and I was hooked. I got my first gun in 2001 then my A-5 in 03 and my cocker 05.
~Marker setup~

2K1 Autococker
Rt Feed
12in Freak
ANS 3-Way
Black Houge Grip
Shocktech Drop Forward

TippmannA5       †††††††† †
16in J&Jceramic
r/t
2X trigger
Blue Dye c4
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 1:52pm
my long story short.

played with a talon when I was twelve, stoped playing till I was 15(needed a job), saved up bought a 98c sold it, made a Super-98c sold it, bought a Vision impulse, traded it for a NightKast, Traded NightKast for a Nasty Impulse, Nasty Impulse got stolen, quite for 6 months, friend got into paintball, and now he got me into it agian, and sold my 68/4500 tank for a 03.5' Autococker, saved up some dough, and bought some upgrades and have formed a little team, in which I'm coaching, and playing back for.

There was alot of Tournments I left out and games but in the end its all felt like one long game.

Edited by Panda Man - 23 January 2006 at 1:53pm
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 2:20pm
It was Saturday the 13th, April 2002. I went with 3 friends to an indoor place for my birthday (which is officially the 10th though technically here in Florida it's the 9th). I won in my very first game (a 2 vs. 2) by flanking the other kids. I was hooked and bought a 98c that summer.

Fast forward to April 2005. Got the parts for my PGP and have been playing with it ever since.
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 2:44pm
Played with a friend. Got way too into it. Ended abruptly.
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 3:21pm
I heard about it and always wanted to play , my mom was always against guns and stuff like that.  Finally my friend invited me and my mom went and watched , i rented a 98custom and fell in love with the sport that night.  4 months later i got a 98custom for my birthday and have been playing ever since.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 3:34pm
I just kinda started playing. Borrowed a Pirahna and a mask, bought some paint and C02 and played with my friends in a backyard.  My parents didn't like it at first, but kinda gave up on it seeing as I was going to play either way.
monty_sniper View Drop Down
ions are better than any high end gun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 5:10pm

in christmas of 1999 my best friend got a 98c, and a year later i did also, ever since, i had been playing stock with that 98c on my 3 man speedball team with my best friend and another friend with a 98c(as you can imagine we got killed), in 04 i finallly decided to up it, my bro got an ion last year, and i played with it, my best friend currently owns a dm5, my other friend currently owns a blackmagic autococker, and i just ordered my g7fly.  once that gun gets here, we practice twice a week. i'm still keeping my 98 to play on my senario team, but we don't practice much.

98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.
Proud owner of 3 guns and counting.
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 5:18pm
boom boom boom paintball fell out of the sky and landed in my arms
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 5:20pm

We had to do short essays in my 7th grade science class to practice public speaking. A kid did an article from an old paintball magazine that had been left in the science lab. I was hooked from then on.

NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 5:28pm
not sure how i first learned about paintball but i went and played for my birthday. that christmas season i found the forum and got an A-5 just last year i got my ION and now im selling them both to get a C-3... i really dont play much because of the cost, im hoping the C-3 will get rid of that.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 6:09pm
got a stingray powerpack for x-mas one year... got a new gun pretty much every year after that.  i've owned a stingray, procarbine, A-5, rt pro mag, matrix, pgp, and a sl-68II.  currently i still have my matrix and sl... but the sl is up for sale.  
MVM91 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Filter Dodge 3/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MVM91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 6:11pm
my cousin plays paintball he got me into it. (he's good too his team came in 1st place in a national tournament a couple years back)
KlauseFluoride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KlauseFluoride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 7:34pm
Yes, I was bored and I like to write, so sorry about the length of the post.
Just to alert everyone, "Gun maintenace and repair" is misspelled.
bluemunky View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 9:06pm
I could go into detail, but I don't dig the idea of writing so much, so I'll shorten it a lot: I got a early Christmas present 2 years ago and played at my homemade field, it's much better than it was then, with some friends. That was my first game ever. My first game at a real field was a month later, and I got torn up, but had a blast. I play at those two fields, plus two other ones.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 9:13pm
well it all started when my dad fell in love with my mom....
slacker guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested - Dodge 2/8/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slacker guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 10:02pm
watch how long my story is.....i went for my friends b-day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic