Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R/T ADJUSTMENT AND UPGRADE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R/T ADJUSTMENT AND UPGRADE
    Posted: 21 January 2006 at 5:30pm

i'm having problem adjusting my r/t on my a5. all i can get at best is maybe 10 ball off then it stops. ive moved the adjusting screw and it doesnt seem to make much difference. but maybe i have to high of  thinking for the r/t. what do most people with the r/t a5 shoot like? is it like full auto or should i just expect 3 to 10 shot burst with it. also i hear people talking about r/t up grades is that just putting on bigger hose or is there more to it.

ebrandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebrandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 9:04pm
are you using co2?
Get what you need...
gert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 11:23pm
yes
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 12:13pm
The advice given to me was to adjust the screw in quarter turn incriments. It worked for me.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
gert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 9:10pm
so is like full auto by holding the trigger half way back?
Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 10:12pm
The trigger bounces under your finger. I was the one who started the bigger hose back in the day... Now you can just steal the hose off of a LP kit (cheaters).

The trick with that is if you are still using HPA I don't know how strong the stock RT cylinder is. I have the J&J grip frame that is solid metal... would take a LOT of force to wreck it.

Basically the trigger should push you finger back forward. What the flow control does that you are adjusting only adjusts how fast the air is allowed to leave the cylinder.

It has a cup seal in there that allows air to flow one way, and the adjuster allows it to flow back out at a set rate, common part in industry.

So the farter you turn it in the slower the trigger gets pulled back in. Then as you keep adjusting the screw farther and farther it will keep speeding up until it won't hold pressure long enough to reset the trigger, then it won't cycle at all.

In simpler terms, the slower you set it the easier it is to do, the faster you have it go, the harder it is to cycle it.

What the bigger hose does is allows a bigger pulse of air into the cylinder pushing it forward harder allowing you to set the air to come out faster... and in the end more BPS.
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2006 at 12:04am
Wow! pretty good Bara. also what i find is that some of it has to do with your finger. My response is about 2 or 3 turns out and i can  adjust bps with finger pressure. So you might have to work with you finger a little bit too

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic