Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

repaint?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BJOHN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJOHN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: repaint?
    Posted: 20 January 2006 at 2:43pm
Can i send  my tippmann 98 custom into tippmann and  get it repainted in black becaue mine is messed up.
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 2:46pm
Now that they may charge for??, give them a call there 800 # is listed on the WEB site.
tippy919 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 9:49pm
i called once and they said that they dont repaint parts, u might have to buy a new half-piece
Tippmann A5 + Smart Parts Nerve + PM6 = LOVE
not2messwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not2messwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 7:41pm

A new half is listed on the web for $32.50. Is it that bad? Can you touch it up maybe?

You can buy spray paint that is actually powdercoat-like. They sell it for firearms. You spray it on and let it cure. 

A buddy of mine got a used 98C that someone painted WHITE! He used paint stripper to strip the horid white off both halves and then sprayed them with this stuff (about $10 I think). It looks practically as good as new!!

You might try a search for it. I may be able to find out exactly what he used and post it here.

tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 7:53pm

just rough up the surface with some 220 grit sandpaper, then spray on some self etching primer followed by your choice of paint. i have had good luck with Dupli Color paints found at Auto Zone or NAPA. the self etching primer is a VERY important step in painting aluminum so don't skip it.

good luck

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 8:09pm
Repainting your Tippmann is not that hard to accomplish...

Advice: Before you can actually start working on your marker for a New Fresh Coat of Paint...you will need to decide which SHADE of Black Paint or whatever Color is needed.

1. Create an area where youre going to be doing the job

2. Make sure the area is well ventilated (paint fumes can destroy Brain cells when inhaled).

3. Take your marker fully apart and place all the Internal and External Parts in a container and place safely away from the work area.

4. Take the Masking Take (available at any Hardware Store) and tape off all the holes of the marker from the inside.

5. Screw together the marker body halves, plug up both ends of the body (barrel threads and the end cap).

6. Use a Fine Grit Sandpaper and slowly & lightly start scuffing the Black Anodized paint on the marker Horizontally along the whole length of the body (scuffing up the Black Paint will give the new Paint something to adhere better to and also, the Stock Black Paint can be used as a Primer Coat so, there is no need to fully remove the Black Anodized Paint)

7. After the scuffing is done, get a damp towel and wipe off any excess paint dust off the body.

8. Painting "Refer to the Advice above #1"

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic