Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 Hopper Troubles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
piranhakiller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piranhakiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 Hopper Troubles
    Posted: 20 January 2006 at 1:34pm
Ok so trust me I did a search for broken hopper, a-5 hopper and nehting else I could think of but couldn't find nehting. But the problem is theres a hole in my hopper, last time I played some moron decided to turn his velocity all the way up then shot my hopper from 20 feet away breaking a hole the size of a ball in the front.  But whats the best way to fix this? Duct tape. I remember reading something about cutting a tennis ball in half and putting that on but Im not sure if teres better ways.
~Marker setup~

2K1 Autococker
Rt Feed
12in Freak
ANS 3-Way
Black Houge Grip
Shocktech Drop Forward

TippmannA5                 
16in J&Jceramic
r/t
2X trigger
Blue Dye c4
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 2:19pm
How about this: take the hopper halves apart sand the area on the inside where the hole is , get a plastic food container lid from the kitchen ( DONT get CAUGHT by YOUR WIFE or MOM) cut the top about 1/3 larger and JB weld it into place, fill the out side with filler of your choice.
This solution is if your cheap like me. Or buy another hopper , in this case I would just tape the hole shut from the inside until the new hopper arrives.

Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 2:33pm
There at least WAS an aftermarket hopper for the A-5. I got mine a Tippmann Challenge '03 for $5.

It is a little harder plastic, and more importantly for me, it holds more ammo! The stock one needs to be almost completely empty to drop a 150 pod in, the aftermarket one didn't.

And for $5 the price was right.
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 1:03am
Get $6 and buy a replacement.
RedLion56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLion56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by cus98tom cus98tom wrote:

How about this: take the hopper halves apart sand the area on the inside where the hole is , get a plastic food container lid from the kitchen ( DONT get CAUGHT by YOUR WIFE or MOM) cut the top about 1/3 larger and JB weld it into place, fill the out side with filler of your choice.
This solution is if your cheap like me. Or buy another hopper , in this case I would just tape the hole shut from the inside until the new hopper arrives.

hmmm im pretty sure you can't weld plastic. (you can't)

But try using some duct tape on both sides so that nothing sticks inside or out on the tape also it will be a lot stronger, or you could buy a new or better one like the ricochet hopper which deflects balls.

Edited by RedLion56 - 22 January 2006 at 12:31pm
A5
12"Bigshot
Pure energy 20ozCo2x2/AntiSyphon
32 degrees Black X_chamber
Pen spring mod
Polished Internals
Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 10:03pm
JB Weld is basically epoxy not like an arc welder.

Plus you can 'weld' it. You just melt the 2 parts together
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2006 at 10:47pm

If you call Tippmann and tell them somebody shot a hole in your hopper, chances are good they will send you a new one for free.

Otherwise, they are cheap to buy.

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by piranhakiller piranhakiller wrote:

Ok so trust me I did a search for broken hopper, a-5 hopper and nehting else I could think of but couldn't find nehting. But the problem is theres a hole in my hopper, last time I played some moron decided to turn his velocity all the way up then shot my hopper from 20 feet away breaking a hole the size of a ball in the front.  But whats the best way to fix this? Duct tape. I remember reading something about cutting a tennis ball in half and putting that on but Im not sure if teres better ways.

you may have the older a-5 hopper that is not as strong.

Call tippmann and they may send you the stronger one.  Mine seems like it could take quite a hard shot.
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 6:17pm

Originally posted by Baratak Baratak wrote:

JB Weld is basically epoxy not like an arc welder.

Plus you can 'weld' it. You just melt the 2 parts together

pwnd.

junojpeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junojpeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2006 at 10:12pm
I'm with Rambino, just tell Tippmann, and they will send you a new one for FREE!!!!!!!!
Woodsball:
Tippmann A-5
Responce Trigger
Flatline Barrel

Speed/Airball:
Tippmann A-5
Responce Trigger
14'Empire Twister Barrel
Torquestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torquestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 12:30am

You might also think about saving up 15 bucks and pick up an R5 (Ricochet) A-5 hopper at your nearest pro-shop.

TJ-AmbushSniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJ-AmbushSniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 12:41pm

Spend 6 bucks and get the stock hopper from the X7, its low profile and still holds 200 balls. that was one of the first upgrades i got when i bought my Tippy A5

-Tippmann A-5
Double Trigger
X7 Hopper to replace A5
-Draxxus 48ci 3000psi HPA
-Proto Switch EL Camo

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2007 at 4:40pm
You're going on seven bumped threads. Stop
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic