Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

scub tanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1 shot 1 kill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 shot 1 kill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scub tanks
    Posted: 17 January 2006 at 4:44pm

i have just up graded to play with hpa i have brought a 3000psi (206 bar)tank form pure energy, i would like to know if i have to buy a scuba tank the same pressure or can i get one that takes more pressure like 4351psi (300 bar) so it will last longer with a higher refills for my hpa tank

spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 11:20pm
Get the higher pressure scuba if you can, just make sure you don't overfill your HPA tank above the rated 3000psi.  The higher pressure scuba means you will get more fills to your paintball HPA tank per scuba fill.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 8:18pm
The high pressure Scubas don't have the same valve that the lower pressure ones do.
Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 9:42pm
If you're setting up a fill station, yes you can get tanks over 3000psi.

The thing is you have to make sure you don't overfill your HPA tank when filling it. Make sure you have an accurate gauge to watch the pressure with. Most fill stations will allow this.

Just MAKE SURE ALL YOU EQUIPMENT IS RATED FOR THE PRESSURE YOU USE. AND if you haven't done fills before, which I'm guessing if your asking this, have someone train you.

HPA is a dangerous beast, and when you are talking 3000+ psi in a big fill tank there is enough potential energy to kill you. There are plenty of stories of the tanks getting knocked over, that valve gets knocked off and the tanks can travel over a mile, and through solid concrete walls.

So the short answer is yes, you can. Most places do. If you start with a 3000 fill tank, after one fill it's at 2800, and you can only fill your small tank to that. If you start at 4500-5000psi you can get a lot of 3000psi fills out of it before you can't fill that high anymore.
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic