Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barrel wont screw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Xredknight24X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xredknight24X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barrel wont screw
    Posted: 16 January 2006 at 10:32pm
I bought an A-5 with an Ak-47 barrel on it and after a few trials of taking off the barrel wen i screw it back on wen it goes to its locking point it ends up sideways and it gets real hard to screw..What do i do?
piranhakiller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piranhakiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 10:40pm
have u taken it back off yet?
~Marker setup~

2K1 Autococker
Rt Feed
12in Freak
ANS 3-Way
Black Houge Grip
Shocktech Drop Forward

TippmannA5                 
16in J&Jceramic
r/t
2X trigger
Blue Dye c4
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 1:20am

Originally posted by Xredknight24X Xredknight24X wrote:

I bought an A-5 with an Ak-47 barrel on it and after a few trials of taking off the barrel wen i screw it back on wen it goes to its locking point it ends up sideways and it gets real hard to screw..What do i do?

Use lithium grease on the threads (and on the "O" ring) and make sure the sight screw and front grip screw are loose before screwing the barrel into place.

whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 10:49pm
You could also try loosening the screws around where the barrel screws in.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 6:49pm
This happened to my brothers garbage BT-16 barrel kit. Im not quite sure what happens, but I think that all barrels need to wear in their O-Ring, so they dont end up in the same position. This happened to my Teardrop (very little but still happened), but i dont care cause theres nothing cosmetic on it.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic