Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

E grip trigger problems W/ video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zeus77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeus77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E grip trigger problems W/ video
    Posted: 16 January 2006 at 10:03pm

Ok.  I have a brand new A-5 E grip.. has never had a paintball fired through it.  Something is seriously wrong with the trigger situation on it..  it basically does not fire half the time.  I have tried it with Air  and also dry firing.. it will fire auto for a few secs  then  go dead..  and then a few faint triggers again etc then dead.. However u can usually still hear the faint clicks of the electronics working..  but no actual cycling of the gun etc.

1- I replaced the battery it came with with a brand new Energizer.

2-  the electronics seem to be working fine..   however  the trigger mechanism does not seem to be working correctly.. and it's not cycling the gun ( that's the issue).

Please watch this video of the problem  it's a dry fire video of it.. no air  or paintball.. U can hear it cycle once  and then  just the small clicks  and then none at all etc.

http://media.putfile.com/A-5-E-trigger-issues

after watching this.. can anyone tell me what they think the problem is? 

What can I do?  frustrated  it's a brand new A-5.......

piranhakiller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piranhakiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 10:43pm
I understand your frustrated but yes even Tippmanns can have problems. First of all I would call in and report it to tippmann, the sooner u call the sooner its fixed, if u can't get ahold of tippmann for sopme unkown reason call your local paintball shop and ask them. Honestly Im not too familier with the E-grip but maybe something with timing or just a wire not fully connect or somethin like that. Good luck though
~Marker setup~

2K1 Autococker
Rt Feed
12in Freak
ANS 3-Way
Black Houge Grip
Shocktech Drop Forward

TippmannA5                 
16in J&Jceramic
r/t
2X trigger
Blue Dye c4
Zeus77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeus77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 6:32pm

just an update. I took a road trip to the Tippmann factory in Ft. Wayne Indiana this am. it's about a hrs drive for me.

These guys and ladies are the best. great looking building and great service. Service guy came upfront I told him the problem.. and he took it back and fixed the issue (replaced the board and a few things) even fixed my bad screws issue) took all of 10 mins.

great service.

xTippyx View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Poop Pic 1/10/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xTippyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 6:44pm
tippmann i have to say has the best customer service i sent them my custom pro e  that i installed and had your problem and they fixed it free, i bet you got the new WAS board too.
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 8:23pm
yes, they have great service.  And i'm sure they did add the WAS board.  the new e-grips are now coming with them pre-installed.  My friend had a problem with his 1 1/2 old e-grip, he sent it in and they gave him a brand new e-grip with the WAS board inside .
what?
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 9:00pm
Tippmann customer service, this forum and its patrons officially salute you 
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic