Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline Accuracy Comparison

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TrivialBeing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrivialBeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatline Accuracy Comparison
    Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:21pm
      I am trying to decide whether or not to get a flatline. A regular barrel is cheaper and probably more accurate, but a flatline looks soo much better and has a flat trajectory and more range. The selling point for me will be accuracy, if the flatline has accuracy anywhere near a barrel like the progressive or J&J or Bigshot then I am going to get it but if the bigshot leaves the flatline entriley in the dust, I will get the Bigshot. What are your opinions and if anyone can tell me the specs of accuracy for the flatline at like 100-150 ft it would be greatly appreciated! thanks.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:25pm
The flatline has accuracy maybe a little better than the stock barrel at 50ft. But at 100-150ft you would be lucky to hit the broad side of a barn and get a break.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrivialBeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:28pm
alright thanks, it just looks soo much better with a stock bceause a straight barrel is absolutley hideous with a stock and it wouldve been nice to put a stock on for cosmetics.
piranhakiller View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piranhakiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:57pm
True but I know neday I would rather have ppl makin fun of my 16in barrel and then once we do play their the first ones out"by me of course", but the flatline is definatly worth it. Just make sure to get the special squeege for it.
~Marker setup~

2K1 Autococker
Rt Feed
12in Freak
ANS 3-Way
Black Houge Grip
Shocktech Drop Forward

TippmannA5                 
16in J&Jceramic
r/t
2X trigger
Blue Dye c4
Tiger Stripe View Drop Down

Strike 2,Troll w/Account:: LERHIT1/21/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiger Stripe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 11:04pm
jnj they are great.
<<Sig much too large>>
xTippyx View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Poop Pic 1/10/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xTippyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 11:05pm
yea i just played with my flatline yesterday it was ok for woods but it had horrible accuracy. i could reach across the whole speedball course but couldnt hit anything, thats why i ordered my bigshot for 30 bucks from doropaintball.com they on sale for 98s.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrivialBeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 11:06pm
why the J&J over the Bigshot?
xTippyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xTippyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 11:08pm
j&j are a little cheaper, but u can get a bigshot m98, 98 custom,and custom pro on doro like i said for 30 dollars, j&j usually 30-40.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrivialBeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 1:58am
how do they compare to eachother in accuracy?
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 3:38am
The flatline is no more accurate or inaccurate then other barrels.  Theguy I beleive made an excellent post about it, let me see if I can dig it up.

EDIT :  (Image doesnt work but you get the idea)
Originally posted by theguy theguy wrote:

Class1 why the flatline seems innaccurate

Why the Flatline SEEMS Inaccurate.

Lets start with our diagram. A is our shooter. Now, no barrel is dead on accurate. They all have a margin of error. Lets say that the margin of error in this picture is about 5 degrees. Shooting a standard barrel (B), it seems very accurate at its maximum range.

However when shooting a flatline (C) which has the same margin of error as a standard barrel, it spreads over a larger area but actually is just as accurate as barrel B.

So hopefully now you will understand why you are getting great range form your flatline, but not hitting dead-on.

Edited by Darur - 16 January 2006 at 3:40am
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrivialBeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 5:13pm
is this true? I was thinking that because of the back spin on the ball it would be more vulnerable to left-right inconsistency. I appreciate your post but I would apppreciate even more if anyone can verify this.
xTippyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xTippyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 5:27pm
yep my paint was curving left and right when i shot so i had to aim a little left or right each time for a straight shot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrivialBeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 5:29pm
what I thought thank you.

edit:

I've got another question, how accurate is the BT-16 barrel, or other barrels like it that will fit the 98c if there are any. (accuracy in comparison to a bigshot or J&J)

Edited by TrivialBeing - 16 January 2006 at 5:34pm
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 6:00pm

you're shooting a round gell filled ball, there isn't any "magic" barrel that will make it a tack driver. stick with a J&J, bigshot or progressive they are all good barrels for the $, the flatline will buy you some added distance but accuracy past a conventional barrel is questionable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrivialBeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 6:06pm
yah I have pretty clearly decided against the flatline, but if anyone could answer my above question I would really appreciate it.
danieljk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieljk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 6:57pm

I'm pretty sure it'd be just as accurate as any barrel if u had the right paint match to go w/ it.

O look, there's nothing here!
Panzerblitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panzerblitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 11:47pm
I have a flatline and it shows a remarkable difference in distance. The only
thing is that if a ball breaks in the barrel, you will see the ball do some
wicked things.(which only happened 2 times this last saturday in a 6 hour
paintball day...probably about 2-3000 shots...superb % compared to
other barrels) Curve, slice, look like a knucke ball, and actually one
looked like a corkscrew (one guy almost got shot he laughtd so much at
that one). You also have to use good paint. If you have old paint or cheap
paint the paint may settle (always flip your boxes) and when you get that
spin the flatline puts on, the weight of the settled paint could add a side
spin and curve. The best paint that I have used in my Flatline Are Stingers
and Marballizers. I think that the Flatline is the most innovative barrel out
there and recommend to anyone who has a tippmann.

Here is a good tip if you have a flatline....Make sure you bring a sponge
squeege out to the field. If a ball breaks (like I said earlier) and you do not
have one, you are screwed. You cannot clean a flatline by just unscrewing
it. I am sure that some of y'all have experienced that.

Edited by Panzerblitz - 16 January 2006 at 11:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrivialBeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 3:47am
Good to know, though how does it compare in accuracy to a bigshot for example?
3hb78ftg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3hb78ftg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 8:44am

would like to add that I currently use a flatline and before purchasing I always do a lot of analyzing. I will not come out and say that the pro's and con's for the flatline are correct or incorrect because I have noticed that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. which in turn is what one reads. I will however, both agree and disagree to many comments I have read in numerous reviews.

I have had my flatine (A5 Stealth package) for a week now and have had the chance to put it to fair use for woodsball. People say that it is not accurate, remember, how the flatline works. You are going against gravity with a backspin which results in a flat line. Now for those of you who with not much experience taking it apart, there are some factors involved such as interior barrel alignment and mounting. when I received mine I had noticed that for something that should be "out of the box" the barrel was mounted incorrectly. The top screw was not aligned with the sight and when I turned the barrel completely to the right for mounting, same problem to the other side. After correcting this (centering and tightening screws) and practicing for a while I still found odd that I was having problems with accuracy.

I decided to read a little further and stumbled across FPS issues and set my marker for 280. I have been happy since. I am still messing around with paint to find the best combination available in my area (Puerto Rico) and have sort of narrowed down a comfortable setup. No marker is perfect right out of the box and like practically anything out there, fine tuning and getting used to will always have to be done.

My reply is based on the fact that everyone has their own opinion somethings work and some things don't. Now learning off of other peoples experiences makes things alot easier.

I will always recommend reading several forums and numerous reviews.

Do not always believe what the sales pitch says, that's what it is, a sales pitch.

"While invisible, I see and destroy."
danieljk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieljk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 11:35am

Would it compare good w/ the interceptor??? Is the interceptor a good barrel as well?

O look, there's nothing here!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic