Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BT-16 Barrel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bunkaking99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunkaking99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BT-16 Barrel
    Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:52pm
I just bought a 98C assault pack. ( 98C, BT-16 Barrel, Double Trigger Kit, BT adjustable sight rail, BT-Combat Stock) The second I removed the barrel for storage the ring holding the hand guard in place became very loose (I can fix this with tape) and the front sight fell off the barrel. There is no screw that I can tighten on the sight so how can I re-attach it to my barrel?
I am the masterer.
I must pwn the ownerer.
TIPPMAN RULEZ
Tippman 98C
BT-16 Barrel System
BT-Adjustable Rail Sight
BT-Combat Stock
PMI Coiled Hose With Slide Check
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:00pm
This seems to be a common problem. However I have no solution.

Edited by Snake6 - 15 January 2006 at 10:01pm
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 1:29am
Originally posted by bunkaking99 bunkaking99 wrote:

I just bought a 98C assault pack. ( 98C, BT-16 Barrel, Double Trigger Kit, BT adjustable sight rail, BT-Combat Stock) The second I removed the barrel for storage the ring holding the hand guard in place became very loose (I can fix this with tape) and the front sight fell off the barrel. There is no screw that I can tighten on the sight so how can I re-attach it to my barrel?

On the Front Sight of the BT-16 Barrel Kit, there is a very small Allen Head screw between the Sling Swivel and the bottom of the Sight, get the appropriate size hex wrench and tighten it down to the barrel.

But, on the real...get rid of the BT16 Barrel Kit, its truly a POS (I do regret that I bought that same Kit) because, there are other online stores that offer better M4/M16 Handguard/Barrel Kits....such as Rap4.com's Phantom Handguards (I have 2 different length Phantom Hanguards for my 98c and theyre built to last).
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
bunkaking99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunkaking99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 5:12pm
thanks for your help but I didn't find anyscrews. I did manage to find a place where the pins of the front sight met up with holes in the handguard and i superglued for temp than bought and added locktight. 
I am the masterer.
I must pwn the ownerer.
TIPPMAN RULEZ
Tippman 98C
BT-16 Barrel System
BT-Adjustable Rail Sight
BT-Combat Stock
PMI Coiled Hose With Slide Check
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by bunkaking99 bunkaking99 wrote:

thanks for your help but I didn't find anyscrews. I did manage to find
a place where the pins of the front sight met up with holes in the
handguard and i superglued for temp than bought and added
locktight. 

Its a possibilty that the small screw is missing or didnt see it...so, reread what I posted in locating the small screw.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic