Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ON/OFF remote line would break the gun?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GabQc View Drop Down
troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabQc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ON/OFF remote line would break the gun?
    Posted: 15 January 2006 at 7:38pm
Yesterday I bought a remote line and the guy at the shop told me that he stopped to order ON/OFF remote lines.
I'm not sure if that's how you call this in english but it's the kind of remote you can unplug whenever you want, without releasing air and just plug it back and go play.

He told me that this kind of remote would break the o ring or something...

Is this true?
TippmannPro13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannPro13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 8:00pm
Uh......Ermm.........uhhh....what?

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 8:08pm
The guy doesn't know what he is tlaking about. Besides O-Rings are like .10 cents a pop.
GabQc View Drop Down
troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabQc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 8:34pm
Yeah well i dont really know about the O-Ring but he told me it could break the gun ... So he doesn't order them anymore.

So I bought a remote with no on/off. It still good but you can't leave the gun and it's boring when you don't have a sling.

Also, another guy told me I would have to put grease or lube on in or it would break, is this true?

Edited by GabQc - 15 January 2006 at 8:39pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 8:47pm
um... Never heard of any of this. You should oil your marker regularly, but other than that ive never heard of lubing the remote line.
GabQc View Drop Down
troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabQc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 8:54pm
And after how many games I should lube it? And where? I have a tippmann 98C.

*edit*

I guess it's somewhere here, I'll try the magic Search button.

Edited by GabQc - 15 January 2006 at 8:54pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by GabQc GabQc wrote:

I guess it's somewhere here, I'll try the magic Search button.

Congrats you win the prize. Owners manual is a good resource also.
GabQc View Drop Down
troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabQc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:22pm
Ok so I put the lube inside the Co2 line then shoot 30 times with no barrel attached to the gun? Right? I just don't want to destroy something hehe.. That's all?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:32pm
pretty much, yeah.
GabQc View Drop Down
troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabQc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:20pm
I just did that, thanks for the help and also how often I should oil the Co2 line? Is there any other places I have to lube?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:22pm
if you put oil in the ASA and dry fire, that will set you straight. You should oil everytime before you play, and when cleaning the marker.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic