Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Low FPS?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Fiddy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 Low FPS?????
    Posted: 14 January 2006 at 9:58pm
Ok heres the situation. My a5 will only get up to 260 fps. I replaced all orings, and have a maddman spring kit. I tried all three springs and will only go as high as 260. My fva is all the way out, well even with reciever half. I have a palmer on it running hpa @ 700 psi. I tried 800 and still only get 260fps. Running a 14 inch J&J barrel. What could it be??

Edited by Fiddy1 - 14 January 2006 at 9:59pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 10:18pm
What Drive Spring are you using? Use the Red, heavy one.
Fiddy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 10:40pm
yea red got me to 260 but cant go higher.....my tank is full and palmer is at 700-800....Im stumped..
Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 7:05pm
Could be a couple things, make sure the hammer slides smooth. If you're running a reg after your tank, may be limiting the air flow. Didn't adjust the Velocity screw the right way (out is higher fps). Needs oil, run some oil through the valve and oil the hammer and bolt.

Other then that... Swollen O-Rings, a burr somewhere, bad paint to barrel match.

I could be missing something... those are some to look at.
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 8:32pm

Do you have a stock or an RVA?

You might also try taking off the Stab and see if that helps, just for troubleshooting purposes, as well as anything else you have on the gun.

What kind of tank are you using?  Can you try a different tank?

Also check the powertube.  They occasionally develop thin cracks that can cause this exact problem.

Edited by Rambino - 15 January 2006 at 8:35pm
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 8:33pm

I had an identical problem with my 98C, except I could only get 260fps when using HPA.  The exact same setup with CO2 would throw me over 350fps.  I tried all the different things.  Maddmann spring set, RVA, raising the Palmer input pressure.  I finally gave up on HPA with the Tippy and got an ION.  That's not to say the Tippmann isn't awesome.  Just, in the winter months I use the ION for consistancy, but will switch back and forth in the warmer months.

BTW, I just installed an RT on a friends 98 Coustom Pro.  I WILL be getting on for my Tippy.  After sweet spotting the RT, it would shoot faster than my ION at its highest setting.

Fiddy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:02pm
Thanks guys I will have to wait till I get my reciever half back, the cyclone pin broke off and tippmann is replacing it. I will try these options to determine the problem. BTW Im running a 88/4500 Hpa tank Pure energy.
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 9:44pm
So, what kind of velocity do you get if you put a CO2 back on it?  Like I said, I seem to have had the IDENTICAL problem.  I even took the RED Maddmann spring and put a spacer behind my DOP RVA to make it even tighter, no dice.  In fact, the velocity wouldn't go over 260, no matter what.  Adding too much tension just meant the marker wouldn't recock any more.
Fiddy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 2:51am
I need to try CO2, dont have any here and cant get it filled for a while.
fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 4:58pm
are you using a remote?  I have the same problem and I realized the opening onthe part that screws into the tombstone is significantly smaller than the stock one.  I'm going to try it out I'll let you know what I come up with.  By the way I'm using co2 and had the same problem.
Fiddy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 5:07pm
Well I use a remote, but I was getting that low fps with just the tank in the asa....CAnt test anymore since I had to send in my reciever to tippmann due to the cyclone pin breaking off.

Edited by Fiddy1 - 17 January 2006 at 5:08pm
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 11:18pm
Please keep me informed, when you get it all figured out.  Like I said, I gave up on trying HPA on my Tippmann.  I did everything and just couldn't get the velocity above 260fps.  I'm baffled.  So, I used the HPA on my ION (works flawlessly) and keep the CO2 for my Tippmann.  Which still works like a champ, so much so, I ordered an RT and will use the Tippy as my primary marker for the next big scenario.
Daron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 8:06am
Are you using a stock?  With my tapco stock, the drive spring get a few millimeter further back( the hole in the stock is deeper than the hole in the original end cap..) I always crone lower with my tapco stock than with the original endcap..
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Daron Daron wrote:

Are you using a stock?  With my tapco stock, the drive spring get a few millimeter further back( the hole in the stock is deeper than the hole in the original end cap..) I always crone lower with my tapco stock than with the original endcap..

Thats why you putt BB's in the endcap of the stock.
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 9:31am

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

I actually milled some spacers to put behind my drive pin and the DOP RVA.  Still didn't help me....That's why I'm anxiously watching this thread to see if there is a resolution to the problem....

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 10:16am
Originally posted by spudcrazy spudcrazy wrote:

I actually milled some spacers to put behind my drive pin and the DOP RVA.  Still didn't help me....That's why I'm anxiously watching this thread to see if there is a resolution to the problem....

Is you FVA turned all the way out, flush with the powertube?
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 12:59pm

Yep....
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by spudcrazy spudcrazy wrote:

Yep....

Are you running a Reg?

spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2006 at 8:50pm
Yep, see setup in my sig...Even with the Palmer at full pressure, no dice on velocity.
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 7:40am

It sounds like you are having an air volume problem, ( CO2 works , air doesn't). Maybe try this, now I'm assuming you are using a male reg. and a vertical adapter. Take the Reg off the marker and screw your air tank into the Vertical adapter, does it work?, is it better? worse?.

You might have a problem with your Vertical adapter, they are some times to restricting at the point where they screw into the valve. You may have to drill out the 1/8 fitting of the vert. adapter , hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic