Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Low FPS?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2006 at 9:20am
I have the female Stabilizer....But the only thing I haven't tried is taking off the stab altogether.
nunrleft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nunrleft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 9:32pm
I have the same problem with mine and I'm looking for a solution.  I'm running an RVA, red Madman spring, no secondary reg, Air America adjustable output.  I'll shoot between 250-260 fps when setting my output pressure between 600 and 1100 psi.  CO2 will shoot about 320 fps with this setup.  Any ideas?
www.mnmilitia.com
ME
Our Forum
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:14pm
I had to use the BB mod on my A5 when I converted to HPA. It got me into the 290 fps neighborhood. 2 BB's did the job.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Maxxgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxxgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 7:47am

We were having the same problems with low velocity around 260. Have you tried polishing your insides ? Once my gun was polished the velocity is back up. I used a dremel and aluminum polish. I also ordered the springs from maddmann but it doesn't look like I will have to use them yet.

Edited by Maxxgold - 21 March 2006 at 7:49am
Candy_Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candy_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 1:55pm

Could we get a link to the BB mod? Might help wth my a-5's velocity problems too

thanks

spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 3:08pm
The BB mod is no more than taking two BB's and putting them in the end cap, where the spring guide pin end sits. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic