Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

small allen wrench screws stripped

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zeus77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeus77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: small allen wrench screws stripped
    Posted: 14 January 2006 at 7:48pm

ok  I am having a bad bad day.  Now  one of my hexag/allen wrench screws( the smallones) that hold the upper reciever together  is stripped and won't twist loose.  Any one have any suggestions on how to get it out?

Drill a small hole through it maybe?  I tried different sized allen wrenches  but no luck.. I have all my screws off but this one screw.. and I can't get my marker into halves without getting this screw off..

Go to a shop and have it tourched out?  I dunno but I need help

A-5 E  model..

xTippyx View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Poop Pic 1/10/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xTippyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 9:14pm
im having the same problem on my custom pro with the front grip mine is stripping. if i dont get a solution tonight im going to my proshop tomoro.
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Zeus77 Zeus77 wrote:

ok  I am having a bad bad day.  Now  one of my hexag/allen wrench screws( the smallones) that hold the upper reciever together  is stripped and won't twist loose.  Any one have any suggestions on how to get it out?

Drill a small hole through it maybe?  I tried different sized allen wrenches  but no luck.. I have all my screws off but this one screw.. and I can't get my marker into halves without getting this screw off..

Go to a shop and have it tourched out?  I dunno but I need help

A-5 E  model..

Get some JB Weld Epox. Fill the socket hole in the screw, insert the Allen wrench and let it sit in place until the epoxy sets. Then unscrew the screw.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 16 January 2006 at 3:22am
Zeus77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeus77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 8:40am

Thank u bruce.. Excellent idea  I forgot about epoxy.. that will work.

Thanks again

Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 2:18pm
also, if you don't want to do that, for further problems, you get a screw tap. (i think thats what it is called) all it is a set that comes with some drill bits, and you drill down the center of it, and then it grabs inside of the screw and you can twist it out. i had to do this on mine.
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 6:22pm
those are good suggestions.  the glue one works the best though
what?
Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 7:07pm
A set of EZ-Outs. They are tapered hexs that are twisted to lock in.

You could also use a dremel and cut a groove into it, then use a flathead screwdriver to take it out.
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 3:26am

Originally posted by Baratak Baratak wrote:

A set of EZ-Outs. They are tapered hexs that are twisted to lock in.

You could also use a dremel and cut a groove into it, then use a flathead screwdriver to take it out.

The stock Tippmann screws (all except the screws that hold on the grip panels) heads fit down in the counter-bore. There is not enough head visible to allow an adequate screw driver slot to be cut, without damaging the body of the marker around the hole.

Baratak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Technical Wunderkind

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baratak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 4:38pm
Depends on the tool, I have some small ones that would work. The standard 3/4 inch or whatever it is disk won't, no.
Everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.

MySpace

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic