Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I cant fix my gun!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XxCS2xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxCS2xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I cant fix my gun!!!!
    Posted: 13 January 2006 at 9:50pm

Ive done everything I replaced all the guns orings I got to valve screws I polished my internals I oiled everything and my dam gun wont recock itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone help me!!!

I have an tippmann expansion chamber thats the only add on i got so far

Tippmann M98
Halo B
32 deg. Stock
Tippmann Xpansionon chamber
Polished Internals
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 9:59pm
When its gassed up, and you fire does it give you the "full-auto" sound?

If so, check the Sear for wear.
XxCS2xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxCS2xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 11:42pm
no it doesnt im positive its not the c02 and all the bolts springs and everything is brand new
Tippmann M98
Halo B
32 deg. Stock
Polished Internals
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 1:16am
It's pretty obvious you put it together incorrectly if it won't recock.  Open it up, and ask yourself, why won't it recock, and look at everything that has to do with the bolt getting cocked back.  By the sounds of it, you could've put your sear on incorrectly, or you're missing a pin.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 7:54am
Look at the ball latch, it may be in backwards.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 12:10pm
Wont recock, and doesnt go auto.(Or even a BRTBRTBRTBrtbrtbrt.)?

Personaly that sounds like no air in the tank.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 12:16pm

I believe it's possible to put the rear bolt in upside down.  That would mean that the catch is on the top side, rather than the bottom side, therefore nothing for the sear to latch to.  Could this be your problem?  Or, you could have the sear in backwards.  If that were the case, you'd also have no where to put the sear spring.  I'm grasping at straws here.  It does sound like a tank fill problem, though.  The tippys are pretty destruction proof.

Oh, it could also be the front bolt is in backwards.  I've definitely done that before, with the exact same results you're having.  No BRRP, and no recock, but full tank.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 12:50pm
You could also try removing the stock and replacing it with the original end cap on the off chance that it is interfering with the recocking.

P.S.  Can you cock it manually?
eliminator View Drop Down
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 1:57pm
Bring it to the shop you bout it at. They will fix it!
__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
R THOSE MY BALLS ON UR FACE
XxCS2xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxCS2xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 2:19pm

I figured out the problem the expansion chamber couldnt get air through it when i blew into it the holes were no lined properly causding no air to get through.

Tippmann M98
Halo B
32 deg. Stock
Polished Internals
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 2:30pm
HUZZAH!!!
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by XxCS2xX XxCS2xX wrote:

I figured out the problem the expansion chamber couldnt get air through it when i blew into it the holes were no lined properly causding no air to get through.

then you lied, you can fix your gun...
tecumseh View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I Wanna Title!! Waah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tecumseh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 6:30pm
lol,  but good luck with it
what?
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 3:38am
Originally posted by spudcrazy spudcrazy wrote:

I believe it's possible to put the rear bolt in upside down.  That would mean that the catch is on the top side, rather than the bottom side, therefore nothing for the sear to latch to.  (Snip)

Though the marker has been fixed I though this needed a comment. If you turn the rear bolt (hammer) up side down it would be as you said...no sear engagement notch. BUT, there is also no hole into which the actuation rod would fit, so the marker could not be reassembled and if somehow it could be put together with no rod engagement in the rear bolt the front bolt couldn't move.

spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 10:46am
^^^^Forgot about the acutation rod hole....Okay I feel stupid now..  But I was just thinking of the cuff.  Thanks for the correction, though.  "I learn something new everyday."
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 1:10pm
also that, if he had it upside down, so the bolt didn't have that ledge
to snap on, it wouldn't even cock back when he did it manually.
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by Tippyprouser Tippyprouser wrote:

also that, if he had it upside down, so the bolt didn't have that ledge to snap on, it wouldn't even cock back when he did it manually.

That is what he said. During the process of trying to improve the trigger pull with the original  rear bolt I was altering the sear engagement notch. Over time I essentially wore out the original slot.

I turned the rear bolt over and cut a new sear engagement slot. I also had to drill a new hole for the actuation rod. Worked, saved my having to buy a new rear bolt on which to experiment.

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 4:31pm
Unless the person forgot to put the linkage arm in the gun at all. Then you could put in in upside down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic