FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PETA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PETA
    Posted: 12 January 2006 at 9:54pm
What a worthless orgnization. Those people just need to quit it.
The are a socalist group, they think everyone should live the
way that they do, eat what they eat. I get really pissed when
they get ten year old kids against there fathers becuse they
hunt.

It's been changed jackass.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 9:56pm
God bless America.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 9:57pm
I am a member.

djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 9:59pm
Whay why? Do you do any of those naked protests bout fur?

It's been changed jackass.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:01pm
Do all Christians hold up pictures of dead babies in protest of Abortion?

Hoytshooter View Drop Down
Guested - Language++

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoytshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:04pm

Not beleiving in the killing of animals is all fine and dandy, but when you think that everybody that hunts, or participates in the killing of animals is a murderer and is going to hell, of gone to far, and pissed off the wrong persons.

I shoot a Hoyt

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Hoytshooter Hoytshooter wrote:

Not beleiving in the killing of animals is all fine and dandy, but when you think that everybody that hunts, or participates in the killing of animals is a murderer and is going to hell, of gone to far, and pissed off the wrong persons.

Becuase you know, all PETA members think just like that.

Sureshot3091. View Drop Down

Modern family man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sureshot3091. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:07pm
I hate PETA, I want to take the rabbits we hunt and shove them up there "NICE PLACES"
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:08pm
LYKE L3TS TRASH P3OPLE WH0 HAV3 DIFF3RENT MORALS!!!

Not to mention you are stereotyping all of them.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:08pm

Originally posted by Sureshot3091. Sureshot3091. wrote:

I hate PETA, I want to take the rabbits we hunt and shove them up there "NICE PLACES"

Wow. That is a very mature, well thought out, intelligent opinion.

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:16pm

TKD, did a whole bunch of forum members get O'Reilly's book for kids last Christmas?  Or am I on the set of Boys from Brazil?

The O'Reilly Factor for Kids Hardcover

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:17pm

PeTA has done nothing good for us. All they want to do is stop you from hunting. Thats all they do....

1983: successfully stopped a United States Department of Defense "wound lab" which had planned to fire missiles into dogs and goats.

1984: released more than 70 hours of videotape shot in the University of Pennsylvania head-injury laboratory, showing the treatment of primates there. The secretary of health and human services subsequently cut off all funding to the laboratory and the experiments were stopped. In the same year, a Texas slaughterhouse to which 30,000 horses were taken each year from all over the United States, then allegedly left to starve outside without shelter, was closed after a PETA campaign.

1985: revealed details of the treatment of dogs at the City of Hope laboratory in California. The government fined the center $11,000 and suspended more than $1,000,000 in federal funding.

1986: stopped the total-isolation confinement of chimpanzees at a Maryland research laboratory called SEMA. Dr. Jane Goodall called her tour of the SEMA lab “the worst experience of my life.”

1987: stopped a plan by Cedars-Sinai, California’s largest hospital to ship stray dogs from Mexico into California for experiments. In the same year, they launched the Compassion Campaign to fight cosmetics and personal-care product testing on animals. By 1989, PETA had persuaded nearly 500 companies, including Mary Kay and Amway, to go cruelty-free.

1988: secret video shot inside East Carolina University and distributed by PETA showed an inadequately anesthetized dog undergoing surgery during a classroom exercise. The university subsequently declared a moratorium on the use of live animals.

1990: exposed the alleged beating of orangutans by Las Vegas entertainer Bobby Berosini, who used the primates in a nightclub act. His captive-bred wildlife permit was suspended by the U.S. Department of the Interior, and his show closed. Four years later, the Nevada Supreme Court unanimously ruled in PETA’s favor and overturned a Las Vegas jury’s $3.2 million defamation award to Berosini. In the same year, the Caring Consumer Campaign succeeded in persuading Estée Lauder and 40 other companies to halt animal testing.

1992: PETA undercover investigators revealed the details of U.S. foie gras production, documenting the force-feeding of geese. Police subsequently conducted the first-ever raid in the United States, and possibly in the world, on a factory farm, and many restaurants removed foie gras from their menus.

1994: Buckshire Corporation, a laboratory animal breeding facility, was charged with violations of the Animal Welfare Act after a 38-page complaint was submitted by PETA. A furrier is charged with cruelty to animals following the release of PETA videotapes showing a California fur rancher electrocuting a chinchilla by clipping wires to the animal’s genitals. It was the first time in U.S. history that a furrier was charged with cruelty.

1999: a North Carolina grand jury handed down the first-ever felony cruelty indictments against pig-farm workers after an undercover PETA investigator videotaped workers beating lame pigs with wrenches, and skinning and dismembering a conscious pig.

Yep, making sure you dont hunt, thats all they really care about.

Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:20pm
PETA operates under the simple principle that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment.

So you dont fully agree with them?

saepe fidelis
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

PeTA has done nothing good for us. All they want to do is stop you from hunting. Thats all they do....

Originally posted by Wikipedia Wikipedia wrote:

Then again, you have some of these people in PETA.

Response to a suicide bombing

In response to a news report in January of 2003 that a donkey was laden with explosives and intentionally blown up in a failed attack on a busload of Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem, PETA President Ingrid Newkirk sent then Palestinian Authority president Yasser Arafat a request that he "appeal to all those who listen to [him] to leave the animals out of this conflict." However, Newkirk deliberately did not ask Arafat to try to stop suicide bombings that killed people but did not harm animals. She later explained what many saw as a morally untenable stance, to the Washington Post: "It is not my business to inject myself into human wars."

I'm not for or against PETA.

Edited by Sammy - 12 January 2006 at 10:24pm
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:24pm
TKD, why do you keep hating America?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:27pm

Originally posted by Badsmitty Badsmitty wrote:

Get ready for this one.

I am a member of the NAACP to.

Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:31pm
So, what exactly does the NAACP do nowadays?

saepe fidelis
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:32pm

Get ready for this one.

I am a member of the NAACP to.

I will pray for you.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

Originally posted by Wikipedia Wikipedia wrote:

Then again, you have some of these people in PETA.

Response to a suicide bombing

In response to a news report in January of 2003 that a donkey was laden with explosives and intentionally blown up in a failed attack on a busload of Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem, PETA President Ingrid Newkirk sent then Palestinian Authority president Yasser Arafat a request that he "appeal to all those who listen to [him] to leave the animals out of this conflict." However, Newkirk deliberately did not ask Arafat to try to stop suicide bombings that killed people but did not harm animals. She later explained what many saw as a morally untenable stance, to the Washington Post: "It is not my business to inject myself into human wars."

I'm not for or against PETA.

Yeah, Every group has their wackos.

PeTA's leaders are alittle out there, not to mention they dont have the best marketing, but overall they have done alot of good in society.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:44pm

Check out the bushes over his eyes. If those aren't anti-American, I don't know what is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic