Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

r/t & double triger help (Fixed it)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HPD2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPD2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: r/t & double triger help (Fixed it)
    Posted: 12 January 2006 at 6:55pm
i just instaled a duble triger and now my responce triger seams to not be working, any suggestions.

Edited by HPD2 - 31 January 2006 at 8:44pm
A-5
R/T
BT double triger
14" AA & flatline
68/4500 NitroDuck X2

05 Black Magic
SM1 Orbium 3
Egg2 w/ Z-board
MP-4 ram
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 8:43pm
Some double triggers don't work with the RT. Make sure it has the little nub on it that touches the response trigger thing.

What trigger is it?
HPD2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPD2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 8:51pm
its not that  the piston dosnt move
BT double triger

Edited by HPD2 - 12 January 2006 at 9:40pm
A-5
R/T
BT double triger
14" AA & flatline
68/4500 NitroDuck X2

05 Black Magic
SM1 Orbium 3
Egg2 w/ Z-board
MP-4 ram
HPD2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPD2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:05pm
help!
A-5
R/T
BT double triger
14" AA & flatline
68/4500 NitroDuck X2

05 Black Magic
SM1 Orbium 3
Egg2 w/ Z-board
MP-4 ram
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 7:52am
Reinstall the single trigger and see if the Piston works, if it still doesn't work its the R/T itself and not the trigger. Put the single trigger back in and we will work from there. 
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 5:26pm
If it works with the single trigger back in, consider the following:  Using a double trigger allows you to put twice as much pressure on the trigger.  It also increases the leverage of the lower finger because of the length of the trigger.  When you combine this, you can end up with so much force on the trigger that the R/T can't push it forward hard enough to reset it. 

If you haven't replaced the double with the single yet, try firing the marker with just your index finger on the upper portion of the double trigger.

Personally, I've never seen a use for double triggers with R/Ts.
HPD2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPD2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 5:20pm
I have tried  fireing the marker with my index finger on the uper portion and the same thing hapend the piston moves a little on the 4th shot  but seams like it gets no air. i have adjusted it from all the way in to all the way out with little or no difftence. i just got more air so i will replace the orignal triger and see if there any changes.
A-5
R/T
BT double triger
14" AA & flatline
68/4500 NitroDuck X2

05 Black Magic
SM1 Orbium 3
Egg2 w/ Z-board
MP-4 ram
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 7:17pm
take out the flow controll and drop a single drop of oil into the cylinder. let me know if it works
ilikecheese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikecheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 2:01pm

i am having the same issue. just bought an a5 with a factory response trigger.

i took the trigger assembly apart to install the tippmann double trigger. put it back together, and now response not so good.

i took it apart again and it looks to me that the little o-ring on the 90 degree elbow, coming out of the top of the piston, that plugs into the receiver has a little rubber missing. it's like when i popped of the trigger assembly it broke the seal and took some rubber with it....

take another look at your o-rings!!!

not2messwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not2messwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 7:17pm

If the double trigger that you are using does not have the flat nub on the upper back part then there  is nothing for the piston to push on.

Make sure you rule out that you are not low on CO2. Mine seems to work pretty good until I get low on air. Also, if I am playing in cold weather with CO2 I harkly use the R/T. It is not cold weather friendly while using CO2.

HPD2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HPD2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 8:41pm
ok thanks for all the ideas, i finaly sat down to fix it to day. any way the problem was that i had tightened the nut,right below the small screw, too much and it was restricting air flow , i loosened it and i works now. 
A-5
R/T
BT double triger
14" AA & flatline
68/4500 NitroDuck X2

05 Black Magic
SM1 Orbium 3
Egg2 w/ Z-board
MP-4 ram
not2messwith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not2messwith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 10:00pm
coool!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic