Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98c valve blowout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jrod1321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod1321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98c valve blowout
    Posted: 10 January 2006 at 10:05pm
i just put my male palmers stabilizer on my 98c and the pressure read at about 500 psi, so i thought to my self " wow i should turner the pressure up, the gun runs at 850 psi"......damn was i wrong, i took it outside, shot it one time and then "ping, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" air is leaking everywhere.......i unscrewed my tank, took one reciever half off, put the tank on and air is leaking out of the rear of the powertube, from aorund the outside of the valve........the valve oring seems fine but its leaking terribly
Evil PIMP
Smart Parts ION
2-98 customs
Ariakon Sim4
Ariakon Overlord
Mech DragunFly
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 10:36pm
So your saying the air is coming from around the metal valve between the valve and the powertube?

Did you pop the valve out and look at the oring?

And if there is air leaking and the oring is fine, you have a serious valve innard problem.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 10:47pm
Call Tippmann and get a new valve, and test that out.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
jrod1321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrod1321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 11:38pm

the new one comes in the mail tomorrow, sheesh 30 bucks

this happened a few days ago

Evil PIMP
Smart Parts ION
2-98 customs
Ariakon Sim4
Ariakon Overlord
Mech DragunFly
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 1:12am
Originally posted by jrod1321 jrod1321 wrote:

the new one comes in the mail tomorrow, sheesh 30 bucks

this happened a few days ago

Well, you probably didn't need to order that new valve yet. Which Stabilizer and how is it installed (with a vertical adapter?). It is possible that with the plumbing modifications you have gone through to make this installation some trash was released into the system. This may have traveled to the power valve and gotten between the sealing surfaces of the pin valve. When the marker was fired the valve opened, the trash moved into it and prevented it from closing. It is easily fixed.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 11 January 2006 at 1:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic