FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who heard the King?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who heard the King?
    Posted: 09 January 2006 at 6:30pm

Did anyone listen to Stern today?

I dont have Sirius, I was just wondering what his show is like now that he is sans-FCC regs.

Skerjman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerjman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 6:32pm
http://news.com.com/Shock+jock+Stern+enjoys+unregulated+radi o+debut/2100-1026_3-6024599.html?tag=st_lh

apparently he yelled at someone for swearing

Edited by Skerjman - 09 January 2006 at 6:42pm
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 6:33pm
cuss cuss cuss it cuss cuss cuss when
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 6:38pm
http://news.com.com/Shock+jock+Stern+enjoys+unregulated+radi o+debut/2100-1026_3-6024599.html?tag=st_lh

Linky...Linky.....

I did it first...

Edited by .Ryan - 09 January 2006 at 6:45pm

ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 6:44pm
I didn't...
Mephistopheles View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 7:09pm
I'm actually debating about signing with Sirius for that reason. That and I used to listen to it a while ago, some of the stations on there are pretty good.

I don't mind the fee, that's nothing. People spend more on gas to go to the grocery store. I'm just worried about coverage. It's not 100% coast to coast, there are many blackout spots here and there. Sort of like cell-phones. I just wouldn't want to have to deal with that too much.
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 8:05pm
my dad was thinking about getting sirus ,
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 8:10pm
I wish, Sirius is gonna make a lot of profit due souly to Howard Stern. Who has time to listen to his show at like 8:30, I'm 20 minutes into school by that time.

It's been changed jackass.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 12:26am
XM is still better.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 12:30am
I really don't see satallite radio every fully taking off big time.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 7:29am

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Same with that Inter-Net thing.

Just a fad, it to shall pass.

cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 12:16pm
i definalty wouldnt call him the king. i'm gonna hold off on my XM or sirius subscription till theres a couple other things i might listen to.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Same with that Inter-Net thing.

Just a fad, it to shall pass.

Heh.  A friend of mine showed me this cool new thing on the internet back in the day.  A program called "Mosaic" allowed you to download files with mixed text and graphics, and there were "hyperlinks" that would take you to other similar files.

I thought is was slow and useless, and surely this "world wide web" would never be as useful and cool as Telnet and FTP. 

*sigh*

-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 12:33pm

I know I did.

...and his momma cried...

-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 12:34pm

B'cause if there's one thing that she don't need, it's another hungry mouth to feed.

eliminator View Drop Down
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 2:54pm

Sirus is asowome, I want it so bad!

__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
R THOSE MY BALLS ON UR FACE
Zesty. View Drop Down

Waah, me > you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 2:59pm

You wanna know something funny? It probably isn't.

The funny part is, remember when Davellis was trying to cap on me and compared me to that "Mad Money" dude? Well, I actually had watched that show like a couple days before for the first time ever, I was hooked by his charisma and energy! Plus he was dishing out all kinds of "game". He is very knowledgable.

But yeah, he said that the satellite radio is gonna be dead in the next year or so, with HD radio coming out and taking it over

"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 3:14pm
i'm sure it's ok but a lot of the howard stern show was seeing how far he could push it...see what he could get away with on public radio

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

i'm sure it's ok but a lot of the howard stern show was seeing how far he could push it...see what he could get away with on public radio

He said in an interview that that was not the case. He wanted to do the things he did becuase he thought they were funny, not for the sole purose of going against the FCC.

Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2006 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Boss_DJ Boss_DJ wrote:

He said in an interview that that was not the case. He wanted to do the things he did becuase he thought they were funny, not for the sole purose of going against the FCC.

it doesn't matter what his feelings are in the situation...the show's gonna lose its appeal now cause now you know he can say whatever he wants...so nothing sounds too outrageous and wacky anymore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic