Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

STOP BEING SO FREAKING STUBBORN, AMERICA!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 1:53pm

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by PyROphantasie PyROphantasie wrote:

the governmens has been trying to switch to metric, but in idiotic small ways, like requiring all cars to show both mph and kph(although yes, very old cars dont have that), and then requiring schools to teach the metric system along with our standard system, but what they really need to to just go all out and do it, turkey used to use the same system, hell they used to speak arabic as well, then they forced the entire country to switch to the metric system AND they created the turkish language, all in 5 years, yes it was a little easier to do it at that time because it was a patriarchal society but the fact is they did it, i realize it would take the US a good deal longer to do this, as it would cost lots of money and take a good deal of time(i'm think'n more like 10-15years minumum based on how slow it takes to get things done in this country)but it just needs to be done, the longer we wait the harder it will be to change

Sad thing about it though is it took a dictator to do it. That Dictator was Ataturk. He said this is what will happen and I will accept nothing else. Because the U.S. is a Republic, it's harder for a switch like this to happen because of all the voting and stuff that happens.

And Ataturk had a gun built into his cane. That's truly badass. Unless the U.S. a good dictator (not all dictators are bad) that has a gun in his cane, a switch like this will take more than 5 years.

And we didn't speak Arabic. There was "Old Turkish" which used Arabic charactors.

?????

djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Yeah Boss DJ, your right. Lord know why I had you and DJ rock confused as the same person.

Does DJ rock have any idea how this forum operates? It seems to me that despite his 1k+ posts, he doesnt.

What do you mean by that? Don't tell me I don't know how the forum operates because I have a different opinion than you.

It's been changed jackass.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by djrock djrock wrote:

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Yeah Boss DJ, your right. Lord know why I had you and DJ rock confused as the same person.

Does DJ rock have any idea how this forum operates? It seems to me that despite his 1k+ posts, he doesnt.
What do you mean by that? Don't tell me I don't know how the forum operates because I have a different opinion than you.
Or he could be talking about how you said the thread was going to get closed.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 4:40pm
I only thought the topic would be closed because the conversation was drifting from the main topic.

Goiduck View Drop Down
Guested - Spam 01/28/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goiduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 11:28pm
George Bush dun care about black people.
http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?irju4i13rxds
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:57am
Just don't even start. I bet your white as a bowling pin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic