Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Poll Question: Do you smoke
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [19.23%]
84 [80.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
randyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 12:21am

Originally posted by DracoPlasm DracoPlasm wrote:

Yeah its not as addicting as people make it seem..though cigarettes are easier to get addicted to then weed you still have to smoke on a regular basis for a awhile before you body becomes dependant on it and you start acting different/sick with out

nicotine is extremely addictive. A crack head only needs one or two fixes a day. while a smoker needs a "fix" every hour/ couple of hours. I've been smoking a pack a day since I was 11 yrs old, and I agree it was the stupidest thing I ever did.

Did you know? If you smoke a pack a day. At $4.25 a pack. You will spend $29.75 a week. $119.00 a month. And $1428.00 a year. Its enough to make you sick... which is why im tring to quit... again.

DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 2:24am
Thats a decent chunk of a change...I know for a fact weed isent as addicting as its made out to be as I assumed nicotine was similar...how often would you say youd have to smoke a cigarette to actually be addicted..not wanting more but needing more

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 6:53am
Originally posted by randyA randyA wrote:

Yeah its not as addicting as people make it seem..though cigarettes are easier to get addicted to then weed you still have to smoke on a regular basis for a awhile before you body becomes dependant on it and you start acting different/sick with out

nicotine is extremely addictive. A crack head only needs one or two fixes a day. while a smoker needs a "fix" every hour/ couple of hours. I've been smoking a pack a day since I was 11 yrs old, and I agree it was the stupidest thing I ever did.

Did you know? If you smoke a pack a day. At $4.25 a pack. You will spend $29.75 a week. $119.00 a month. And $1428.00 a year. Its enough to make you sick... which is why im tring to quit... again.

Move to Virginia, Tobacco is cheap. Cigs are like 2.70
I need a new Sig...
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

Originally posted by randyA randyA wrote:

Move to Virginia, Tobacco is cheap. Cigs are like 2.70

Exactly, my Reds are only only around $3 at the most. You can get cheapo Tahoe cigaretttes for like $1 a pack.
Zesty. View Drop Down

Waah, me > you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 2:54pm

The fact that you can get a pack of cigs for less than $5 and get piss drunk for a couple more bucks is what is wrong with America as a whole.

Too much easy access to crappy, unhealthy stuff, like Cigs, alcohol, prescription drugs and Burger King double cheeseburgers for a buck each, while the mentally and physically healthy substances and fuels are much harder and more expensive to obtain.

And that is why Canada is better

Edited by Zesty. - 11 January 2006 at 2:55pm
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 3:53pm
I get what your're saying.... but Canada is not better. People in America never appreicate how good they have it in this country. If you think America is that bad because it's is too easy to get access unhealthy foods. Look how easy it is to access things like in other countries.(south america)

It's been changed jackass.
Zesty. View Drop Down

Waah, me > you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 5:27pm

^hehe, honestly I wouldn't even know if Canada is better, I've never been there. from all I hear and see though, I don't think I would mind living there at all, in the right spot at least.

But yeah, I do appreciate the things we have in the USA, but I do think we are headed in the wrong direction on quite a few fronts.

I believe in freedom of choice, so I really don't care if a billion people gorge themselves on McDonald's until they die, I really don't.

All I am trying to comment on is the availability.....is there really as many choices for fast, affordable, convenient, healthy foods as there are for unhealthy ones? I don't think so personally.

We need some better options.

"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
eliminator View Drop Down
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 5:29pm
Mcdonalds and all of the other fast food resturants are comming out with salads and other healthy food. This does help a little and lead's in a good direction for kids, like getting a salad with there burger instead of fries. This is a start...
__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
R THOSE MY BALLS ON UR FACE
Zesty. View Drop Down

Waah, me > you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 5:33pm

^Honestly, what kid is gonna opt for a salad when they are in the mood for a burger/meat? I see what you're saying, but it's still not really a substitute, but it is a better option.

I do agree the right moves are being made in some areas, but as a whole the options just aren't there.

Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 5:41pm
This thread is making me hungry.

Zesty. View Drop Down

Waah, me > you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 5:42pm
^I suggest McDonald's, Burger King, or one of the many other fine fast-food establishments.

Edited by Zesty. - 11 January 2006 at 5:42pm
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 5:43pm
HUNGRY FOR LUNG CANCER. I GOT YOU GOOD!

Zesty. View Drop Down

Waah, me > you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 5:47pm
^Huh? Just smoke some cigarettes.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by eliminator eliminator wrote:

Mcdonalds and all of the other fast food resturants are comming out with salads and other healthy food. This does help a little and lead's in a good direction for kids, like getting a salad with there burger instead of fries. This is a start...

the sauce/dressing for the salds is among the most unhealthy things on the menu, so those salds dont do much.
Zesty. View Drop Down

Waah, me > you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 6:32pm

^That's a good point

I also just think, when you want some meat, you want some meat. I'm not gonna be craving some animal flesh, and feel guilty and go out and buy a salad....and as gatyr said the salad really is deceiving in it's own right.

I just think there is a place for a truly healthy alternative to fast-fooding it......like Subway sandwiches are alright sometimes, but we've got a dozen choices for fast unhealthy food, there should be at least a few for people who don't want to eat the normal stuff.

Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2006 at 8:34pm
If youre gonna smoke cigarettes, roll your own.
Its a lot cheaper.

saepe fidelis
randyA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 1:28am

how often would you say youd have to smoke a cigarette to actually be addicted..not wanting more but needing more

Smoking has two addictive characteristics to it. First the physical part. (the nicotine)

Second the mental addiction (the act of smoking). When someone smokes they get used to the act of smoking. And when they quit they miss that part of smoking as much as the nicotine. The last time I tried to quit. I felt like I was forgetting to do something

That depends, its different from person to person. For me it was when I could get a pack whenever I wanted. If I have/had a pack I would/will smoke the whole pack. You know when your addicted when your watching TV and you start feeling fidgety. After you go smoke you feel relaxed and calm. I know Im addicted. and it sucks. Im trying to quit smoking, and its the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

I know alot of nonsmokers say "why dont you just stop. Its not that hard".  I try to explain it to them. Its like someone who bites his/her nails. they know it messes their nails up, they end up bleeding, and hurting. But for some reason they cant stop. I know Its not an addiction, but its the same mental addiction as smoking.

AS I write this I have gone 41hours and 04 minutes without a smoke... And it SUCKS. But with luck I will be able to do it this time around.

the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:51am
in new jersey you can be 16 and smoke ciggerattes. but you cannot buy them till your 18.
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:53am
Same in PA.

It's been changed jackass.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:56am
Originally posted by the_blade the_blade wrote:

in new jersey you can be 16 and smoke ciggerattes. but you cannot buy them till your 18.
Never heard of that
before. Learn something new every day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic