Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 problem
    Posted: 05 January 2006 at 5:20pm
I have a problem with my 98C. when i fire it it will fir one paintball at 280 the next at 180. it is very consistent. i rebu8ilt the gun with new o-rings and it still does the same. one ball fast next one slow. any ideas????
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 5:24pm
What Air Source are you using? CO2 or HPA?

Are the two valve screws on the left side in place. Is the VAS screw in place?

What tempeture is it?
trado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 5:33pm

I am using a CO2 system. My velocity screw is in and iI am not sure what you mean by the two screws on the left. I have assembled everything the way it was.It started doing this during play. Everything is at room temp. thanks

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 5:44pm
Excuse me, the screws are on the right. They look like this:

Have you oiled the marker?

trado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 5:56pm
That is it. I checked and the screws were not there. Wonder where they went??? I took the screws out of my other 98 and it is now right on. Do you know if these are a standard screw that I may be able to get at a hardware store? Anyway thanks alot I appreciate it.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 6:00pm
You can get most of the screws at the hardware store. Also check tippmannparts.com
trado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 6:03pm

We are playing Saturday so no time to order but I wil hit a store tomorrow. Thanks Snake

whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2006 at 10:57am
Yeah, that's about the only problem I have with the 98s. the screws work their way out. I had the same probem so i went in and checked and tightened all of the screws and i haven't had a problem since.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic