FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Death in the family

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
>><< View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
<<>>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote >><< Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Death in the family
    Posted: 04 January 2006 at 11:36pm

Well my Grandpa died this morning of congestive heart failure at around 6 this morning. It really sucks cause i was very close to him and i talked to him last night and he said that he hoped to live to see me drive well i start driving in July thats what really tore me and that me and him planned on going to eat today. I just wish i could have spent more time with him and i know i'm probably just rambling on about stuff but i'm bored and bummed. I plan on going to school tomorrow just to get everything out of my head. But i have to be a pall bearer on friday ya know the people that carry the casket ya anyone else done that before? I'm kinda nervous about it.

Just keep my family in your prayers over the next few days. I don't think my mom has stopped crying since 7 this moring when my grandpa found him.

mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 11:38pm
he had it comin

Edited by mbro

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

he had it comin
mbro, you bastard.

I've been a pall bearer. It's heavier than I expected. You'll be fine.

Edited by Benjichang
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

meh, he totaly deserved it

wow.....

Sorry to hear that always sux when someone you care about dies ill keep your family in my prayers

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 11:44pm
sorry to hear that.  just keep in mind he probably wants you to go on.  It's ok to mourne this early though.  good luck with the casket carrieing
X
Strife_17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strife_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 11:46pm
I was a pallbearer at my godmothers funeral. It meant alot to me at the time i was only 13-14 and it made me like i was being given the resposibility of someone much older. It's not really all that hard. When your in the funeral home you act as something of a doorman with the rest of the pallbearers, you then carry the casket into the herse(sp)
when ya get ot the chrurch( if it a religious ceremony) u will either carry the casket down the aisle or put it on this nifty cart. You sit in the front. The at the cemetary you lay the casket on its resting place and take off you gloves(they give you gloves)and leave em on top of the casket for the rest of the ceremony.

The casket is on the heavy side so if you not one of the stronger guys there stay in the middle where the least of the load is put on you.

Sorry for your lose.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 11:51pm

Condolences.

:(

Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 12:02am
I was a pallbearer at my grandmothers funeral almost two years ago. I am a weakling and I remember being so scared that I would drop it.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 12:03am
I was also hesitant about being a pallbearer at my grandfathers funeral, but I talked with grandma, mom about it and I did it, felt good in the end to be a part of it.
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 2:23am
when u hugged grandpa did he tell you that he loved you-blink 182
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic