Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to be a sniper?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
stealthy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stealthy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 1:11pm

BrushHog wrote:

What paintball players must understand is there is a huge difference in being a sniper and sniping an opponent.

Yes it is possible to snipe a paintballer, however there will never be a paintball sniper.

Wow.. I would have to dissagree with that. If you snipe, you are a sniper. A sniper is someone that snipes, no? Yes, you can be a sniper and not snipe, but it would be against all odds that you would snipe and not be a sniper. In fact, I don't think its possible. Where I come from is that you can't snipe in paintball, therefore you can't be a sniper in paintball. Not the other way around that would say you can't be a sniper in paintball, therefore you can't snipe. Or you can't be a sniper in paintball, but you can snipe. No, you can't snipe, therefore you can't be a sniper.

The only way you could have a sniper in paintball is if there was a military sniper that came to play. Even then you couldn't snipe, and you wouldn't be a "paintball sniper." I guess I lied about not arguing.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by stealthy2 stealthy2 wrote:

BrushHog wrote:

What paintball players must understand is there is a huge difference in being a sniper and sniping an opponent.

Yes it is possible to snipe a paintballer, however there will never be a paintball sniper.

Wow.. I would have to dissagree with that. If you snipe, you are a sniper. A sniper is someone that snipes, no? Yes, you can be a sniper and not snipe, but it would be against all odds that you would snipe and not be a sniper. In fact, I don't think its possible. Where I come from is that you can't snipe in paintball, therefore you can't be a sniper in paintball. Not the other way around that would say you can't be a sniper in paintball, therefore you can't snipe. Or you can't be a sniper in paintball, but you can snipe. No, you can't snipe, therefore you can't be a sniper.

The only way you could have a sniper in paintball is if there was a military sniper that came to play. Even then you couldn't snipe, and you wouldn't be a "paintball sniper." I guess I lied about not arguing.

True story to illustrate Brushhogs statement:

Three years ago I was hiding in the center of a mostly open field with very short grass.  I had been ghosting the opposition flankers and had figured out where they were going to come in from.  I was hiding behind a bush that was so small that I had to lay flat and keep inching the bottom end of my body around as they approached so the brush was completely between me and them.  As it was, my waist still probably protruded a bit to each side-thank goodness for camo.  It also helped that of all the sparse cover in this field, I had chosen the worst bit.  Anyone looking at it would just know that nobody could ever use it for cover or concealment.  They got close enough for me to engage so I opened up and eliminated all but one who promptly took off running in the direction he had just come from.  This put my cover between him and me so I had to let him go.  By the time I was up in a better firing position (kneeling) he was way out of range and still going.  I would have let him go his own way and dropped back to better cover to guard our flanks, but he slowed to a walk at the edge of the field.  I aimed and popped off a single shot just to keep him moving since I figured if he was looking for his own cover he would be less inclined to observe where I ended up going.  The ball from my flatline drifted way to my left, started rising, then did a hard right and a near verticle drop to break on the right side of his mask, just behind the edge of his goggles.  (Note that I hit him in the side of the head, from his right, despite the fact that he was directly facing me. 

I measured it out later and estimated that the range was approximately 200 feet.  I had eliminatated him with a single aimed shot at a range where he didn't have a prayer of returning fire.  In essence, I sniped him.  But this doesn't make me a sniper, because I could never be that lucky on a regular basis.

By the way, he was way annoyed, and walked off the field shaking his head.

Edited by Mack - 13 January 2006 at 5:52pm
JediJak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JediJak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

But this doesn't make me a sniper, because I could never be that lucky on a regular basis.

i think you hit the nail on the head. You will once in every 100 long range shots get some one out based on luck and just about nothing else
Tippmann Chameleon M98

Upgrades:

14in. Teardrop Barrel
GTA Expansion Chamber
20oz. Co2
Pollished Internals
Tape Mod
Spring Mod

Pic:
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tippy3qe.jpg
monty_sniper View Drop Down
ions are better than any high end gun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by JediJak JediJak wrote:

But this doesn't make me a sniper, because I could never be that lucky on a regular basis.

i think you hit the nail on the head. You will once in every 100 long range shots get some one out based on luck and just about nothing else

somethin like that

98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.
Proud owner of 3 guns and counting.
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 6:02pm
Dear,

[ ]Clueless Newbie
[ ] Loser
[ ] AOLer
[ ] 12 year old
[ ] Troll
[ ] Pervert
[ ] Geek
[ ] Spammer
[ ] Wannabe
[ ] Haxxor
[ ] l337 d00d
[ ] Flamer
[ ] Whiner
[X] Other: Retard, failure, moron, impotent fool.
[ ] noobie

You Are Being Flamed Because

[ ] You have created another ingenious idea
[ ] you have managed to push the limits of what the term  moron stands for by posting something you would be flamed for
[ ] You continued a long, stupid thread
[ ] You committed crimes against pork biproducts
[ ] You posted a 'YOU ALL SUCK' message
[ ] The search button is you freind
[ ] You don't know which forum to post in
[ ] You just plain suck
[ ] You posted false information
[ ] You posted something totally uninteresting
[ ] You double posted double posted
[ ] YOU POSTED A MESSAGE ALL WRITTEN IN CAPS
[ ] You posted racist mumbo jumbo
[ ] I don't like your tone of voice
[ ] You are not civilized enough to post in these forums
[ ] Yuo mispeled evry sengle wurd.
[ ] you have discriminated a product that you would be obviously  flamed for
[X] repeated beating of a dead horse

In Punishment, You Must:

[ ]Apologize to everybody on this forum
[ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Read the FAQ
[X] Become big al'es love mama
[ ] be slapped repeadily
[X] neuter your self to further prevent any form of a defective gene pool
[ ] Go stand in the middle of a Highway
[ ] Recite the Greek alphabet backwards
[ ] Take a bath in bleach
[ ]ive M. Jackson a reason to be guilty
[ ] All of the above

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] since you are new we will let it slid this time
[ ] Get a life
[ ] Never post again
[ ] I pity your dog
[ ] Your IQ must be 7
[ ] Just leave with the last of your dignity
[ ] Your mom should be ashamed
[XDont waste our time
[ ] Go jump into some industrial equipment
[ ] All of the above

model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 6:17pm
^^^Who exacly are you flaming?
stealthy2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stealthy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 7:15pm

This isn't a dead horse. Its still an enjoyable descusion. Plus, it only takes up one space on the page, so why would you care anyways?

Mack, I would not consider that sniping. First of all it was luck.. Yes, snipers sometimes may use luck, but even if they do its still intentional. That was not only luck, but not intentional. I honestly wouldn't even call that sharpshooting. I would call it what it is, a lucky shot. Anyways, I too am wanting to know who kuhndog was flaming.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Nevermind Kuhndog, he's just irritable from a bad experience.  (He thought the vet was going to tutor him, but it turns out he misunderstood.)
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Nevermind Kuhndog, he's just irritable from a bad experience.  (He thought the vet was going to tutor him, but it turns out he misunderstood.)

No, I was just wondering who he was flaming. He is flaming someone, but he didn't say whom.
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 10:08pm
im gunna make a request here... all the sniper believers step over on the right side and please pick up the revolver provided for you... the non believers step to the left... now then everyone on the right side aim the revolver at your head and on 3 pull the trigger ok... now then 1...2...3! everyone still alive, help me hide the corpses...
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:13pm
WTF? If his name is sneaky sniper why doesn't he believe in snipers?

Hmm.... Somethings fishy... and its not my fish...
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Ilford Rule Ilford Rule wrote:

WTF? If his name is sneaky sniper why doesn't he believe in snipers?

Hmm.... Somethings fishy... and its not my fish...

No, he learned his lesson on snipers a long time ago. There are alot of people with Sniper in their account names because they used to think they were snipers, but then they saw the light...
warbeak2099 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
So I said, "That is my foot!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warbeak2099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2006 at 11:37pm
[QUOTE=stealthy2]

This isn't a dead horse. Its still an enjoyable descusion. Plus, it only takes up one space on the page, so why would you care anyways?

Actually it is a dead horse. You can't make long range, accurate shots from a concealed position in a paintball game with the available technology.
MIDN 2/C, US Navy

LCE-SpyderMag | G-Force Pneumatic Mag | '99 RF Sniper II
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic