Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Broken battery cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kurt04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken battery cover
    Posted: 03 January 2006 at 3:10pm
The ears on my e-bolt battery cover cracked and then broke off completly. I emailed Tippmann to see if they have a replacement I could buy,but I doubt they will since they no longer make them. Right now its just taped up with electrical tape and looks ghetto as hell.... :(

Any ideas on what to do? I might put longer leads it in the mean time. I wonder if the rocket cock is big enough to stuff a battery into.

ROOST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROOST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 9:31pm
bondo,jb weld,gorilla glue is narly as,that what i would do...

yess,dace very nicee...
drew08 View Drop Down
Guested - Filterdodging Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 10:24pm

yeah man gorilla glue is da way to go man that stuff is <poopy> strong

<learn this time.  watch your language.>

Edited by Rambino
CP with RT
14" smart parts tear drop
16oz tank
Empire Reloader II

the soon to be SEAL
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 11:47pm

Originally posted by drew08 drew08 wrote:

yeah man gorilla glue is da way to go man that stuff is <poopy> strong
  And totally inappropriate for this application.

Also, it looks like you didn't learn anything from your first strike.

<please don't quote offending posts.  more work for us.>

Edited by Rambino
Kurt04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 12:16am
I want it to look nice because I'm going to sell it. Plus I think I lost one of the tabs.

Edited by Kurt04
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 12:37am
i don't believe the rocket cocker is big enough, cuz it covers the cocking knob, and only sticks out like 1/2".
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 12:36pm

Originally posted by Kurt04 Kurt04 wrote:

The ears on my e-bolt battery cover cracked and then broke off completly. I emailed Tippmann to see if they have a replacement I could buy,but I doubt they will since they no longer make them. Right now its just taped up with electrical tape and looks ghetto as hell.... :(

Any ideas on what to do? I might put longer leads it in the mean time. I wonder if the rocket cock is big enough to stuff a battery into.

Kurt,

If you run across a source of these battery cases, let me know. I also need one. My intent is to make one by TIG welding aluminum. It is rather labor intensive and I really would prefer to buy a new plastic one.

Kurt04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Kurt,

If you run across a source of these battery cases, let me know. I also need one. My intent is to make one by TIG welding aluminum. It is rather labor intensive and I really would prefer to buy a new plastic one.

Yeah, I'll let you know. I think I'm going to call Tippmann he in a little while.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 6:37pm
My question is are you crafty with electronics?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 11:30am

Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Kurt,

Yeah, I'll let you know. I think I'm going to call Tippmann he in a little while.

I called the tech shop and they are sending me a couple (two E-Bolt markers in this house)...no charge! I am going ahead in my spare time, what ever that is, and fabricate a couple out of aluminum to see how practical an idea it is.

Kurt04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 3:10pm
Did you call the toll free number? 1-800-533-4831?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 9:53pm

Did you call the toll free number? 1-800-533-4831?

Yes, and selected the tech dept. from the menu.

Kurt04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 10:10pm
I got mine today. I like it alot better, its made from like a urethane plastic. Shouldn't crack like the old ones.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2006 at 11:44pm

I got mine today. I like it alot better, its made from like a urethane plastic. Shouldn't crack like the old ones.

I really can't tell difference between the old and the new. They did not send two as they promised. My old one broke , most likely, because the heads of the aftermarket bolts I used in those attachment holes stressed the ears of the battery holder. Haven't gotten around to trying to make an aluminum one yet. Been busy modifying the E-Bolt wireing to prevent broken wires. I'll post under a different subject line. 

Kurt04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 12:05am
My old one was shiny and britle, this new one is dull and tough.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic