Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my a-5 and velocity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crazypaint121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazypaint121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my a-5 and velocity
    Posted: 01 January 2006 at 11:14am

i just bought my friends almost mint condition a-5 yesterday and its really a great step up from my 98c
only thing is that i took off the bottom line to use a high pressure tank directly into the marker, but when i went to chrono, the velocity stayed in the 150-200 fps range even when i turned the velocity screw all the way both ways. but when i put the bottom line back on the velocity went back to normal...

any help would be great

thanks

a-5:
flatline
response trigger
shocktech front grip
double trigger
new a-5 body

ROOST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROOST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2006 at 12:16am
im guessin that if you directly screw the tank in it dosent have enogh room to expand and when you shoot it it just goes low or spikes about every time...someone corecct me if im wrong....prolly am

yess,dace very nicee...
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2006 at 2:01am
Originally posted by ROOST ROOST wrote:

im guessin that if you directly screw the tank in it dosent have enogh room to expand and when you shoot it it just goes low or spikes about every time...someone corecct me if im wrong....prolly am

Nitrogen doesn't have to expand like CO2 does.

Just keep the bottom line on it anyways, it looks better.

Edited by Bango
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic