Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to disassemble the.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XxCS2xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxCS2xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to disassemble the.....
    Posted: 29 December 2005 at 10:29pm
how do u disassemble the valve that shoots out the air?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 7:49am
You dont want to dissassemble the valve yourself. If you have a problem involving the valve take it to your proshop.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 2:15pm
Yea^^

If you really want to though, do this. First, if you have an A-5, you have to unscrew the velocity screw because it gets in the way. Next, take a pencil and insert it into the skinny end of your powertube and push the valve out.

There really isn't a need to do this though unless you're trying to clean it. Just oil it
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 4:03pm
look at your manual that came with it....there should be a picture of how the valve goes together...
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Tippyprouser Tippyprouser wrote:

look at your manual that came with it....there should be a picture of how the valve goes together...

I dont think there is. Tippmann doesn't wat your average noob Disassembling the valve...
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 12:08am
DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE VALVE! I CAN BARELY STRESS THIS ENOUGH! Bring it to a pro shop.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2006 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by XxCS2xX XxCS2xX wrote:

how do u disassemble the valve that shoots out the air?

Do you actually wish to take the power valve apart, not just remove it from the power tube? If you do, then why? And if you have a reason I'll tell you how...and contrary to other posts, it is simple and requires no special tools, just a few regular ones.

Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by Tippyprouser Tippyprouser wrote:

I dont think there is. Tippmann doesn't wat your average noob Disassembling the valve...

in mine there is. it is just a little picture but it is there. also Model98.com has pictures and how to do it.
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2006 at 5:30am

Originally posted by Ilford Rule Ilford Rule wrote:

DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE VALVE! I CAN BARELY STRESS THIS ENOUGH! Bring it to a pro shop.

Give me a well thought argument as to why? You can barely stress this enough (!!!) You make it sound dangerous. It is just another part. No more easy or difficult to disassemble and re-assemble than any other part.

spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2006 at 1:53pm

The valve is actually quite easy to dissassemble and even easier to reassemble.  All you need is a pencil, needlenose pliers and an oring puller (scratch awl), to get the retaining ring out.

Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2006 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Bruce A. Frank Bruce A. Frank wrote:

Originally posted by Ilford Rule Ilford Rule wrote:

Give me a well thought argument as to why? You can barely stress this enough (!!!) You make it sound dangerous. It is just another part. No more easy or difficult to disassemble and re-assemble than any other part.

First of all: It IS slightly more difficult to take apart and reassemble.

Second of all: IF you do screw up, then your in trouble. take it to a pro shop.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
spudcrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spudcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2006 at 5:57pm
I really don't understand how you could screw it up, other than stripping the threads when you put the hose back on.  It's a pretty robust valve, it'd be pretty hard to screw it up.  I guess you could loose the retaining ring, if it FLEW off...I spent about a half an hour looking for mine on the floor, but other than that, it was a breeze to disassemble.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2006 at 12:59am
Originally posted by spudcrazy spudcrazy wrote:

I really don't understand how you could screw it up, other than stripping the threads when you put the hose back on.  It's a pretty robust valve, it'd be pretty hard to screw it up.  I guess you could loose the retaining ring, if it FLEW off...I spent about a half an hour looking for mine on the floor, but other than that, it was a breeze to disassemble.

Psh...I spent well over an hour looking for mine.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic