Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Possible Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eldiablo_si View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldiablo_si Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible Problem
    Posted: 29 December 2005 at 9:17pm
Alright, I'm fairly new to the sport and to tippmanns so I have a question.  I just got my 16 inch Stiffi barrel, and have a few questions.  I know that on my flatline and other barrels, a paintball fits in the barrel tightly and must be pushed through.  On this barrel, the paint I always shoot will just slide right through without a problem.  Should I get larger caliber paint to make it fit tighter in the barrel?  Now to my main problem.  When, I took it out to shoot it, it was dark, but I just wanted to see how well it shot.  As I shoot, I can feel CO2 come out from in front of the trigger, and I can see it come out from the velocity adjuster.  Also, there is a rather large cloud that comes out from the barrel when I shoot it (probably from the paint being too small).  Maybe I'm seeing this because it's cold and dark, but it just seems like it shouldn't be happening.  Do you guys have any ideas as to why these things would occur?  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 2:20pm
The white cloud of smoke at the end of barrel is perfectly normal, you probably just noticed it because it was nighttime, it's always been there.

As for paint size, grab a paintball and put it in to your barrel and then look at it through the barrel. If you see two little half moons around the paintball, it's a good fit.

By the way, your paint shouldn't fit tightly in your flatline. The idea is to use smaller paint for the flatline. The bore of the flatline is already huge, it should be easy finding paint that will roll through.
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 4:01pm
this air around thats coming out is probably just the excess gas. and yes there is always going to be a cloud of white coming out the barrel if it is cold.
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic