Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 not re-cocking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 not re-cocking
    Posted: 29 December 2005 at 8:47pm
I have a problem, my a5 does not recock after the response trigger goes crazy.  I tried loosening the rear bolt screw and it seem to help for a little while but then it started happening again.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:49am
oil and clean it, re-tighten the screw.  check for wear on the sear and the part of the hammer that catches the sear.
fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 9:00am

how much wear is significant?  Also how tight should the screws be?

Would the response trigger have anything to do with this problem since it uses some of the bloback gas?

Thanks.

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 9:20am
what are you running HPA, or CO2?
Also check your rear bolt O-Ring.
fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 8:02pm

CO2, should I use HPA

thanks

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 8:41pm

If you use CO2 you will experience freeze after extended high-ROF shooting.  Freeze will do exactly what you are describing.  Is your gun very cold when it stop shooting?

Assuming that is your problem, HPA will make the problem go away.  A less expensive (and less effective) solution might be an x-chamber, CO2-friendly regulator, or remote.

fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2005 at 1:55am
thanx for the info, would hpa affect the r/t?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2005 at 8:17am
No it will not. HPA will run good in any weather.
RedLion56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLion56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2005 at 2:23pm

Try polishing the internals, i know a lot of people who have had the same prob as you and they did that and it was fixed

A5
12"Bigshot
Pure energy 20ozCo2x2/AntiSyphon
32 degrees Black X_chamber
Pen spring mod
Polished Internals
mytippyrules View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Sexual Slur 12/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mytippyrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2005 at 11:28pm
hpa is that way to go for sure..i didnt think it was gonna be a diff when i bought it but i was wrong...
fatback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2006 at 1:52pm
thanks will do.  Happy new year
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic