Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 custom problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fitchett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitchett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 custom problems
    Posted: 29 December 2005 at 4:26pm
hi i got a 98 custom for christmas and am having a ball breakage problem. Im new to tippmanns so any ideas are welcome... i have tried 3 different types of paint and two barrels but every 20th ball or so is still breaking. any ideas guys?
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 5:42pm

Welcome to the forum.

Could be many things - need more info.  Are you shooting fast when you break balls?  What kind of paint are you using, and which barrels?  What kind of hopper do you have?  Do you have any upgrades on the gun?  Is it a new gun or used?

fitchett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitchett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 6:09pm
hi... at first i thought i was just shooting too fast but now its doing it when im shooting slow too...ive been using ZAP heavy metal and field paint(all broke but my friends always use zap with their 98's and nothing happens)I have tried the stock barrel as well as a lapco autospirit...all is brand new and is being fed by a gravity hopper(shouldn't be a problem when i shoot slow?)
thanks
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 6:37pm
are you breaking balls in the barrel, or in the chamber?

If you are breaking balls in the chamber, check for burrs in the metal of the chamber and make sure your elbow is on correctly.
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 9:51pm
i know that tippmann factory sets the fps of the gun below 300, but this one they may not have. try adjusting your velocity, sometimes too high velocity can break the balls...
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
fitchett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitchett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 11:13pm
thanks Snake6 i think i figured it out because of what you said...with the left reciever off i put a ball infront of the front bolt and slid it forward...when i did that i noticed that there is almost no room between the ball and the top of the reciever. let me know if you think that makes sense

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic