Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XxCS2xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxCS2xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun Leak
    Posted: 29 December 2005 at 1:00pm
Ok whenever i put in my c02 i hear a leaking sound in coming from my barrel and it doesnt stop leaking untill i cock the gun back. Does anybody know what the problem is? And after like 2 strong shots there 2 more than again and again and i have to recock my gun back after a few shots and i know its not the co2 i tried 2 and they were just filled.

Edited by XxCS2xX
tsacain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsacain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 8:23pm
Check all the o-rings.  They may be the problem.
Tippyprouser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyprouser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 9:45pm
ya and the reason it leaks out of the barrel before you cock your gun is the reason why you hear it initially. you are suppose to cock the gun before screwing it on. cuz when you screw it in when it is uncocked, the bolt is pushing on the pin causing it to loose the air.
Setup:
Tippmann Custom Pro
E-trigger
12" All American
BT Folding Stock
GTA Inline Expansion Chamber Kit
Dead on Pro seal
Cyclone Feed System
Remote Line
Polished internals
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 12:48am

Originally posted by XxCS2xX XxCS2xX wrote:

Ok whenever i put in my c02 i hear a leaking sound in coming from my barrel and it doesnt stop leaking untill i cock the gun back. Does anybody know what the problem is? And after like 2 strong shots there 2 more than again and again and i have to recock my gun back after a few shots and i know its not the co2 i tried 2 and they were just filled.

Nobody reads the manual? At least you could read the trouble shooting stickie at the start of this list of forum topics!!!

ANY of the Tippmanns may leak gas when the cylinder is attached with the marker uncocked...why don't you try to figure out why...it is good practice.

Now, read the literature that comes with the marker or do a search in these forums. Markers don't re-cock BECAUSE of several common problems: low gas in the cylinder; failure to clean and properly lubricate; damaged or worn out "O" ring on the hammer (rear bolt).

Learn to disassemble, clean and lubricate your marker after each day of play.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic