Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Way to make a semi-auto!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Angry Canary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry Canary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Way to make a semi-auto!!!
    Posted: 27 December 2005 at 12:06pm

This idea was taken from kommando from the specialopspaintball.com forums:

OK, the C3 uses a combustion chamber with . Gets "Very Warm" according to Tippmann, and that's with a pump maybe 2-BPS. Here's my performance improvement idea for the semi-auto (Tippmann - you better be writing this down,,,)

Add a 12 gram CO2 to the mix. Use it as an air inter-cooler (cool the intake air before it reaches the combustion chamber). Colder air = more dense air = more combustion (may have to be used in conjunction with some sort of air-ram). Could be a good performance enhancement and should be designed to assist in the cooling of the combustion chamber. 12 gram should last 500 rounds at least.

If cooling the intake air doesn't work (or isn't feasible) - use it to shoot a blast around the exterior of the combustion chamber every Nth shot. N could equal every 2nd, 3rd. or 4th shot - what ever.

Now - use this idea and put it into a new product:
Tippmann P3 PEP Pistol. 12 gram goes inside the grip toward's the rear. One 8-10 (or greater) rnd clip inside front of grip. Internal 2 oz chamber under the barrel. Now you have a .68 cal, semi-auto paintball pistol that you air up after 500 shots, not 25. No messing with 12 grams because the one it uses is for cooling (lasts 500 rnds), and the 2 oz of should last 1,700+ rnds. We would finally have the ultimate paintball pistol.

Tippmann - please make this........................

Edited by Angry Canary
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 12:23pm
Nice idea,however, it somewhat defeats, the point of 50,000 shots per tank, because now you need to open it up and change the 12, and if you don't need to open it, you still need to change the 12,

It begins to heat up after shooting 5-6 balls fast, or 20 or slow at a more moderate pace, soooooo, lets see.......

N = 20(shots before cooldown

X=25(shots from 12)

(N)*X = NX

(20)(25)= 500.....

You'd get 500 shots, now without replacig the 12...

As for the pistol......seems like you're forgetting all the wiring and the battery inside of the C-3 that would require to be inside the pistol and semi version as well....

Now for the reason I used letters...

X= 25(X is a constant, so it will never change)

TNSBCD =  Total Number of Shots Before Cool Down

N*X=TNSBCD
N*X=25,000
N*(25)=25,000
N= 1,000

Now in order to get half of the average shots of the C-3, you would only be able to cool down every thousand shots,

For the full average, because we used half of the average, we can just double our previous answer to see how many shots it would take before we could cool it down to get the 50,000 shots...

N = 2000

Now, I mean no one is going to shoot 50,000 rounds in one day, but someone might, but, do you see where I'm going with this, the 12 gram just doesn't have the power, and it would at least take that size shot to cool it down...

Edited by ^Pirate^

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 12:31pm
Oh, yea one more thing. Nobody likes SpecOps..
Angry Canary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry Canary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 8:33pm

>Oh, yea one more thing. Nobody likes SpecOps..

Hmmmm.......watch me give a care what a dude with a smoking rat in his sig says.....

^Pirate^, even with those cooling rates and having to replace the 12 gram, your still getting WAY more shots than normal, at a much lower price.

super_gman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 8:59pm

The C3 was developed with the idea of using a newer, more efficient, and affordable air source. While Angry Canary is still right about getting more shots at a lower price, that still leaves the player dependant upon CO2. It's not a big deal, it's just the principle of the thing. Why use the gasses Tippmann is trying to relieve us of?

amishman89 View Drop Down
Wow if Id have a TITLE it woud be great

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amishman89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by super_gman super_gman wrote:

The C3 was developed with the idea of using a newer, more efficient, and affordable air source. While Angry Canary is still right about getting more shots at a lower price, that still leaves the player dependant upon CO2. It's not a big deal, it's just the principle of the thing. Why use the gasses Tippmann is trying to relieve us of?

You said gasses and relieve, in the same sentence.
Only Hugh can prevent florist friars.
super_gman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote super_gman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by amishman89 amishman89 wrote:

Ok, I seriously LOL'd. Nice observation.

Zerglet.
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 1:13am
ummm... after the combustion, the C02 wouldnt help, it would still combust thus creating heat... if you burn somthing, no matter what it is, it gets hot, i cant think if anything in this world that burns cold
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
^Pirate^ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ^Pirate^ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 1:18am

Originally posted by amishman89 amishman89 wrote:

Ok, I seriously LOL'd. Nice observation.

I saw that too, and they used to make a co2 tank in the range of 25-35 oz, I'm pretty sure one of those would get 2000 shots, and a 20 oz already gets 1000 easy...

It aint about black or white
becuz we human
I hope we see the light before it's ruined
My ghetto gospel
Uberhamster View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Flaming, Language 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 11:11am
Originally posted by sneaky_sniper sneaky_sniper wrote:

ummm... after the combustion, the C02 wouldnt help, it would still combust thus creating heat... if you burn somthing, no matter what it is, it gets hot, i cant think if anything in this world that burns cold

I can, dry ice burns cold. It's not technically melting because it skips the liquid stage.
Stiffy2008- 'wat is a noob?'

Yep, I lied about getting a Trans Am.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 1:03pm
its called sublimating, not burning
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 3:28pm
Wait, did you just say to cool the propane before it gets combusted? BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! Sorry but thats just silly. Not only would it be useless it would screw up the air mixture, thus having to use more propane to get the right burn.

Im partial to a liquid cooled sleeve, and air ports. But Im just old fashion like that.

FYI: Its a hamster.

Edited by Monk
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Oh, yea one more thing. Nobody likes SpecOps..
I do they make very good products but you dont need all that to play woodsball.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 8:23pm
O my bad......
O Yea, C3 is never gonna be semi auto, have a good day sir.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 10:20pm

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

its called sublimating, not burning
what he says is correct... trust me i got an A chemistry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 8:51am
O, well I should have kept my mouth shut.... I made a 73.....

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Uberhamster Uberhamster wrote:

O, well I should have kept my mouth shut.... I made a 73.....
lol, its ok, i failed english...
eliminator View Drop Down
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:07am

i have a 90+ in every subject! o rah. ne ways u can use a fan!

__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
R THOSE MY BALLS ON UR FACE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:14am
Originally posted by eliminator eliminator wrote:

i have a 90+ in every subject! o rah. ne ways u can use a fan!

doesnt cool it very fast, takes up space, will make battery go down faster and makes noise

Edited by sneaky_sniper
fitchett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fitchett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2005 at 9:10pm
Anyone considered liquid cooling like they use in high tech computers? it may cost a bit more but you could work it in without taking up too much space. just a thought
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic