Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New A-5 breaks balls nonstop...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RonnieJameDio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieJameDio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New A-5 breaks balls nonstop...
    Posted: 20 December 2005 at 10:49pm

Hey guys...I am new to the whole paintball thing...fresh newbie...

My brand new A-5 won't stop breaking balls...I have celan my cyclone feeder 2 time in the last 2 days and had to diosmantle my gun already to clean all the paint out. When I opened it up it was "green Jello surprise" all up and down the hammer...I have tried adjusting the velocity...I have tried adjusting the response trigger...I have had it with this gun already and I have owned it for about 2 weeks and maybe have about 1000 balls in it...

If I can't get it fixed right...its gong on ebay...

Over all I am very unpleased so far...my friends are all blowing round after round off in the Custom Pro's, noit breaking a single ball, and mine is faltering...I'm pissed. I think I got a defective gun....

Ronnie

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 10:57pm

If you have any upgrades on their (new barrel, whatever) take them off and see if that helps.  Otherwise, if it's a new gun, I would just send it back to Tippmann.  They'll fix it for you.  Much better than selling it.

Welcome to the forum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieJameDio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 11:01pm
It's blowing up in the cyclone feeder...and then coating the entire barrel...I amgoing to send it back...I am sick of it...
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 11:23pm

Just because you have goop in the Cyclone doesn't mean that is where the breaks occur.  I put a crappy barrel on mine for a while, and it broke a bunch of balls.  The goop splattered back into the Cyclone, which led to more breaks.

But sending it back is certainly the safe option.  Tippmann will fix it for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieJameDio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 3:54pm
I got the J&J 14 in. Barrel, the adjustable Butt Stock and the Special Ops
flat front Grip that makes it look like a rifle....along with a remote coil air
kit. When I took it apart to clean it I had goo all inside along the
hammer...

I just don't think I should have to put up with this after dropping a huge
dime on this gun...I'm not saying that some tuning wasn't expected but
everytime I shoot it!?!? I mean please...my friends are shooting their
Custom Pros' non stop and I can't even shoot 3-4 balls without a break.
Give ME a break!

After reading all the great stories about the A5 on this forum before I
bought the gun...I am not very pleased with my purchase.

I am very upset about this...I mean...if you all could see the smoke rolling
out of my ears for this...you would know just how upset I am with this
thing. Makes me wish I never spent the money...it's been a sub par
experience overall.

I love the posts where I remember reading..."I've never broken a ball in
my A-5...blah blah blah..."

I was thinking of using it for another sport maybe golf or baseball...

Yeah...

EDIT:
I called them and they are sendng me a small packet of replacement
parts...we will see what we shall see...

Edited by RonnieJameDio
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 6:12pm

I presume they are sending you the Cyclone upgrade parts.  That should fix any Cyclone concerns you are having.  You probably bought an older A-5 (unused but made a while ago), and some of the early A-5s had some Cyclone problems, particularly when used with nitro.

If you are still having problems after that, you might try taking off the stock.  Stocks can occasionally cause problems.  J&J is a quality barrel and shouldn't be a problem, and the foregrip shouldn't be an issue either.

But like Rambino said - if you are still having problems, Tippmann will take care of you.

GRRWingNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRRWingNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2005 at 3:15pm

I have just about the same setup as you do!!  Sounds to me that your problem is in the cyclone somewhere, so I would concentrate on that.

One thing to look for is if the screws that hold the bottom plate in are screwed in too far, they will stick up into the inside of the cyclone, and possibly tear up your paintballs.

There may be burrs or sharp edges on the inside of the cyclone, or maybe on the little arm off the reciever that sticks in to the cyclone, so peek around in there real good.

Also, check to see that the feeder sprocket (the star thingie) isn't screwed in too tight.  It should be just hand tight, not torqued way down tight.  If this screw is too tight, the feed sprocket arms will pinch paintballs on the guide arm off the reciever.

It may also be that the ratchet is about to go, although that usually doesnt break paint.

Definately, look around and feel around on the inside of the cyclone, if you feel any burrs or sharp edges that may be the problem, and don't forget to check the screws for the bottom plate, and back them out a tad if need be.

Check the manual if you dont know where something is, and don't hesitate to check back here, we can help you out!!

I really hope your A-5 gets up and running, it really is a reliable, well-built paintball marker!

jj

Edited by GRRWingNut
A5RT Specops A5A2 kit
Soon a Flatline with UMS shroud, and Specops F.O.G. grip
636andy636. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 10/24/07: Inappropriate Word Use

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 1:58am

Might be from realy brittle paint too

Santini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 2:59am
Just bought 2  A-5's. One with AR trigger and one without. After reading some of these stories I was a little concerned. My son and I put 1000 rounds through each gun without 1 broken ball or miss fire. Temp was in the high 5o's using cheap paint to test. Couldn't be happier with the markers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic