FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Car?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 6:15pm
It will probably idle smoother and you might notice it sounds and runs smoother.

But if its a nice car designed to run on 87, the differences might be neglegable.
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2005 at 11:51pm
Running High octane fuel will be pointless on somehting like a Altima or any other general car. the only reason i used high octane on my Shadow was bein it was a 2.2 turbo model it would have detonation and pinging on hard acceleration due to the fuel pre ignighting befor the spark plugs even fired.

The actual perpose and what octane does is prevents compreshion ignigtion on a high Compreshion engein like older muscel cars or forced induction engiens (turbo charged or supercharged).

Motorcycles and ATVs offten run higher compreshion as well to squeez as mutch powere out of as small a package as possible and thuse require higer octane fuel as well.  (My bike sees only 91 or 94 octane).

The opposite is said for Cetane rateing on a diesel engine.

Octane at the pumps claiming cleaner burn and higer fuel economy is more a cash grab than actuall fact even though teir is minute truth o some claims and i mean MINUTE.  Really want good fuel fro your car run only fuel from busy gas stations and never fill up when the fuel truck is thire (when fuel is put into the storage tanks it stirs up all the crap and water from the bottom of the storage tanks).

AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
glazener24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 12:26am

2006 Hummer H1 alpha

"It strikes fear in my heart..." -Former OU coach Barry Switzer, in regards to OSU football.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by BearClaw BearClaw wrote:

Running High octane fuel will be pointless on somehting like a Altima
or any other general car. the only reason i used high octane on my
Shadow was bein it was a 2.2 turbo model it would have detonation and
pinging on hard acceleration due to the fuel pre ignighting befor the
spark plugs even fired.

The actual perpose and what octane does is prevents compreshion
ignigtion on a high Compreshion engein like older muscel cars or forced
induction engiens (turbo charged or supercharged).

Motorcycles and ATVs offten run higher compreshion as well to squeez as
mutch powere out of as small a package as possible and thuse require
higer octane fuel as well.  (My bike sees only 91 or 94 octane).

The opposite is said for Cetane rateing on a diesel engine.

Octane at the pumps claiming cleaner burn and higer fuel economy is
more a cash grab than actuall fact even though teir is minute truth o
some claims and i mean MINUTE.  Really want good fuel fro your car
run only fuel from busy gas stations and never fill up when the fuel
truck is thire (when fuel is put into the storage tanks it stirs up all
the crap and water from the bottom of the storage tanks).
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I already knew about the forced induction engines requiring higher octane, especially turbos, because they run off exhaust and by running a higher octane gas, your exhaust has more kinetic energy and so your turbos will have less "lag". At least that's how I understood. I also know about preignition. But you did answer my question that it isn't worth the risk in my car. Thanks.

Also, thanks for the tips on the gas fill-ups! Good info there. I actually get gas free at my ranch, so I don't even gp to the gas station, but if I do I'll keep your tips in mind for sure.
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 7:43pm
also, just to make sure, would there be any danger of running some >100 octane gas in my car?

Like, could I run the straight 110 octane safely? Would 15 gallons of 110 octane race gas last longer in my car than 15 gallons of 87 octane? Like even if it doesn't give me much more performance, will I get more MPG? Negligible difference? Thanks.
"People who see the future earlier than others are always feared and misunderstood." - Jose Canseco
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by glazener24 glazener24 wrote:

2006 Hummer H1 alpha

The only way to redeem yourself for buying an H2 would be to buy an H1 and destroy the H2 with it.
Hoytshooter View Drop Down
Guested - Language++

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoytshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 7:53pm
I do beleive, Im not totally sure, but Higher octane gas will ignite at a a lower degree from Top Dead Center making the timing quicker? Im not quite sure. Hell, all i know is I put some 114 octane fuel in my fourwheeler, and it burnt fast and idled high and was extremly hot.
I shoot a Hoyt

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 8:32pm

10 pages and I'm the only one. I must be a dieing breed.

Image from GTO Alley

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Hoytshooter View Drop Down
Guested - Language++

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoytshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 8:48pm
It's becuase they are slow, and I hate to say it but they look like grandmas car thats been in the garage for a bagillion years. Like 50 feet long and those head lights Yuck
I shoot a Hoyt

Da dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 9:24pm
 my favorite is spitfire triumph
slacker guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested - Dodge 2/8/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slacker guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2005 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

[IMG]http://www.gtoalley.com/gtopics/GTO18op.jpg[/
IMG]

10 pages and I'm the only one. I must be a dieing breed.

Image from GTO Alley

ah i forgot about the GTO...i like 65-67, I like em black or blue

Edited by slacker guy

BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:03am
Well i doubt youd do harm by running 110octane but you wont get any better milage so it shure be painfull to the wallet if ya pay for it. 

As for the GTO being SLOW back in its day it was the fastest you could get and was sold at a working mans level.  It WAS the original muscel car and was actually considered a small car for the time with a BIG engein.

AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
OKC-3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OKC-3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:29am
Awesome 1957 ChevyAwesome 1957 ChevyAwesome 1957 Chevy
A-5
R-T trigger
Flatline
--------------
C-3
mjicmike View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjicmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 10:50pm
Love that 2006 Bugatti veyron.  AWD monster, street legal production car. 
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by OKC-3 OKC-3 wrote:

[IMG]height=258 alt="Awesome 1957 Chevy" src="http://www.truckworld.com/4x4-OffRoad/96-1957Chevy/chev y-1.jpg" width=307 align=bottom border=1>[IMG]height=211 alt="Awesome 1957 Chevy" src="http://www.truckworld.com/4x4-OffRoad/96-1957Chevy/chev y-12.jpg" width=324 align=bottom border=1>[IMG]height=237 alt="Awesome 1957 Chevy" src="http://www.truckworld.com/4x4-OffRoad/96-1957Chevy/chev y-10.jpg" width=314 align=bottom border=1>

PBalla2242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBalla2242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 8:11pm
Realistic: STi or EVO (Subaru better get rid of that new grille)
With Lotto Cash: Murcielago

Edited by PBalla2242 - 06 February 2006 at 8:11pm

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster."
Tippmann5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 8:55am

check out this beast! the FORD Eqautor concept!

98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:02am

The Old Jeep Cherokee.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic