FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Email SpecOps sent me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 3:40am
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by lester98c lester98c wrote:

i actually know people who would buy that

Which is pathetic.

Not necessarily, it might be fun (as in amusing) to watch.  A friend of mine who sells paintball stuff received one of their videos in the mail as part of a marketing deal to get him to carry their stuff.  It was hilarious.

Funny highlights included:
  • All the speedball players they took on in the woods were pathetic (I have no use for speedball, but I have friends that play and I know they would do better than these opposition clowns did in the woods)
    • One guy in the video looked like he was going to call out before he was hit, then realized they missed him and just waited in the trench without returning fire until they finally hit him
    • Another one would shoot a few shots then do something to his marker (I would have said it looked like he was recocking it, but I think it was an Autococker)
  • The SpecOps team member manning the "Hammer" (the double A5) never used cover, not even once
  • The team "sniper" had a shot, but didn't take it until he was given the "green light" over the radio when the rest of the team was ready to assault
    • At that point their was no reason to take the shot and not taking so as to remain unnoticed would have made more sense
  • The SpecOps team individual tactics suck, somebody should tell them about maintaining a little distance between each member of the team when moving in hostile territory
  • They also heavily promote stocks, claiming that any marker with the tank attached to it is improperly balanced and thus ineffective
    • They harp on the importance of stocks and sights, but I didn't see anyone other than the team sniper actually use a sight during the "combat" footage
    • I'm not sure the stocks would even allow anyone wearing goggles to use some of the sight setups they had in the DVD
  • Also, they've apparently trademarked the term "woodsball"
Edited Note:  Oops!  I almost forgot my overall reaction to the DVD.  It was insulting to both speedball and woodsball(TM) players and it made me feel like this >           

Edited by Mack
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 8:23am
u ever tried to jump on ur shadows head? ur foot actually has to hit the ground when u do it, i tried yesterday, its really hard...
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 8:48am
Lets see 42% of "kids" believe wrongly that there are snipers in paintball, if each buys the video another fine effort in making money off propaganda is accomplished, but the facts remain the same.

Sniping as a tactical advantage does not exsist in paintball.

Edited by oldsoldier
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 11:51am
Originally posted by sneaky_sniper sneaky_sniper wrote:

u ever tried to jump on ur shadows head? ur foot actually has to hit the ground when u do it, i tried yesterday, its really hard...

And this added to this topic in what manner?

OS, there must be snipers in paintball, they were in the video, if it's in a video it has to be true, right? 
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iĺll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by lester98c lester98c wrote:

i actually know people who would buy that

Which is pathetic.

Some of there stuff isn't half bad.... I really dislike that they fill people full of false hopes, but some of there markers are pretty awsome, like the broadsword, and their MP5 Complete is pretty coo...

Their Fusion Battle Jersey/pants are really nice though I will say that much, and their vests are Extremly comfortable...

The only things I really dislike is the longbow, the hammer, and all that "Sniper" Stuff like ghillie etc... For Tactical Scenarios those guys make some kick arse equipment, but they put too much thought and money into "sniping". but meh? what ever sells.
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 4:29pm
Viva La Revoluci´┐Żn!
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 4:33pm
ima sniper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic