Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

co2 or hpa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1 shot 1 kill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 shot 1 kill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: co2 or hpa
    Posted: 19 December 2005 at 8:12am
i spent yesterday playing ball with my friends it was only about 3 degrees celcius i have a 5 with flatline on co2 this was my first time with the flatline i was having 2 out 5 balls brake in the barrel i have been told that hpa is the better stuff to use in the cold weather is this right  please help they all take the mick as i have a better gun than them they all have cheap icons and they were fine
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 9:50am

Nitro could certainly help, but at those temperatures your real issue might be the paint.  Most paint doesn't do well at low temperatures and becomes brittle, and the Flatline is rough on paint.

You might look into winter paint, like Polar Ice, for winter play.

GThomas View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Who are you again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 2:46am
Winter paint should solve the problem of paint breaking. If you play at those tempatures often you should think about getting an anti-siphon tank, and an expansion chamber. I play in below freezing weather sometimes and I run a 98 with x-chamber, anit-siphon tank, remote line, and winterized paint, and the gun shoots fine. You could also switch to hpa but you could still run co2 in that kind of weather if you invest in those upgrades.

Edited by GThomas
fishsticks View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Better than a sharp stick in the eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishsticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by GThomas GThomas wrote:

I run a 98 with x-chamber, anit-siphon tank, remote line, and winterized paint, and the gun shoots fine.

I hope you dont have your co2 tank vertical in your pack... with the anti-siphon tube you'd be sucking up only liquid, thats not exactly good.

A gun is not a weapon... It's a tool. Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, or...uh, a...an alligator.

GThomas View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Who are you again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2005 at 12:46am
No its horizontal. All my co2 tanks are anti-siphon tanks so I don't have much of a choice when it comes to cold weather play. I don't use my Bushmaster in the winter due to the fact there is always snow on the ground, and I don't feel comfortable with using an expensive electronic gun in a very wet environment. So I use the 98.
1 shot 1 kill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 shot 1 kill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2005 at 5:09am
thanks guys that is some good advice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic