FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does this bother anyone else?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Whazuuup! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Non-believer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whazuuup! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:23pm
I think Jews believe that he was a gifted prophet... not 100% on that.
Ghostslinger View Drop Down
Make me a toejam sandwich

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:24pm

Originally posted by Uberhamster Uberhamster wrote:

Exactly ghostslinger, Tae and his links have no clue what their talking about. They make no sense. Islam is alot bigger than Christianity, and they already hate us.

no no no, there are zealouts who hate us but most just dont conform to the way we think which is fine.  its just their belief, im Jewish ok and i dont hate muslims (hell i think theyre great except for the extremists) in fact the 3 major religions stem from Judaism so we shouldnt downplay them or anyone beacuse we all have a common origin in religion

98 custom
R/T
16 in. J&J ceramic
SystemX N2 system 3000psi

If I had a paintball for
every time I got called pale even though I'm one step above untannable... well I guess I could play the PSP
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:25pm
You shouldn't hate any religion. You should hate the extremeists. 

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Uberhamster View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Flaming, Language 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:25pm
I'm fine with the normal ones, I was talking about the suicide bombers and the like.
Stiffy2008- 'wat is a noob?'

Yep, I lied about getting a Trans Am.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:27pm

Originally posted by Whazuuup! Whazuuup! wrote:

I think Jews believe that he was a gifted prophet... not 100% on that.

actually it doesnt say anything about Jesus or if he was gifted in the Torah so pretty much we believe he was a good guy and did a lot of good on his way through life (also answer to u Uber)

98 custom
R/T
16 in. J&J ceramic

If I had a paintball for
every time I got called pale even though I'm one step above untannable... well I guess I could play the PSP
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:27pm

Originally posted by Uberhamster Uberhamster wrote:

The President isn't catholic.... The pope isn't the anti christ, if anyone is, it's either Tae Kwon Do or marilyn manson.

Pat Robertson isn't catholic either - what's that got to do with anything?

But seriously - how stupid do you think Satan is?  He's going to come out as Manson?  Please.  If you were Satan, what would you rather have as a cover?  Clearly a large powerful church (or country) is the way to go for corrupting as many souls as possible.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Ghostslinger Ghostslinger wrote:

...in fact the 3 major religions stem from Judaism so we shouldnt downplay them or anyone beacuse we all have a common origin in religion

Christianity and Islam, maybe, but Judaism doesn't even crack the top ten:  Link.

And I'll bet that if you broke out Christianity and Islam into some different subgroups the chart would be quite different as well...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:32pm
i realize it isnt large but it was the first monotheistic religion and therefore is considered major by me
98 custom
R/T
16 in. J&J ceramic

If I had a paintball for
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:32pm
/me listens to War-Why Can't We Be Friends

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:35pm
Why are we fighting about religion anyway? It originally started as annoying people that post to much stuff about the bible, right?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:37pm

Originally posted by Ghostslinger Ghostslinger wrote:

i realize it isnt large but it was the first monotheistic religion and therefore is considered major by me

Don't mean to pick on you, and you are certainly welcome to consider your religion "major", but how can you claim that it is the first monotheistic religion?  Given the duration of human existence, that seems almost obviously false.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:37pm
true however debating is fun but seriously ppl lets not quarrel
98 custom
R/T
16 in. J&J ceramic

If I had a paintball for

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:40pm
how so? the earliest records of civilization show that the fertile crescent area was polytheistic and Judaism was instituted before Christ so how is it not the first (unless ur talkin about unrecorded religions then i see ur point)
98 custom
R/T
16 in. J&J ceramic

If I had a paintball for

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:40pm
I agree with Ghostslinger. There's no need to put down anyone's religion.
cough*Tae Kwon Do*cough

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:53pm
Ghost - I was in fact talking about unrecorded religions.  I am not aware of any particular ancient monotheistic religion - it just strikes me as almost impossible, statistically speaking, that nobody had such a religion before Judaism.
Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 5:10pm
Does anyone else here not care?

Edited by Destruction
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 5:11pm

true true however wats recorded is considered knowledge (good point tho)

98 custom
R/T
16 in. J&J ceramic

If I had a paintball for
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Koolit32 Koolit32 wrote:

Ezekiel 25:17The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities
of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the
name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of
darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost
children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and
furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my
brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance
upon thee.

Um. You have that really really wrong. Thats a combination of two different passages. Ezekial 25:17 goes "I will carry out great vengence upon them and punish them in my wrath, then they will know that i am the lord, when i take vengens on them."

That really bothers me, people asume thats how the passage goes, they dont even bother to look it up, they just beleive the movie.

And the anti christ is dead. The anti-christ being rome. The anti christ was a beast with seven heads, rome was the city upon seven hills.

The mark of the beast was 666, but even thats not correct, now we know the number to be 616, if you do the math, the name of it escapes me, but you take the name of a person in hebrew and give the letters numbers, and it adds up to a number. The full name of the roman emporor Nero can be added up to 666 or 616, so yeah, the anti-christ has been looong dead.

Edited by DBibeau855

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 5:42pm
hmmm well thats interesting
98 custom
R/T
16 in. J&J ceramic

If I had a paintball for
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 5:44pm
Obviously Dbib has never watched pulp fiction.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic