FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Orbital defence cannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Evanh Evanh wrote:

(mortars or more deadly than artillery)

No they arne't. Mortars have a much smaller warhead than an artillery shell, and they're generally fused to explode on contact with the ground. Artillery can be fused to explode above the ground and shower a target with shrapnel. The advantages of mortars is that they can be used close in, and carried by one or two soldiers.

That's not to dismiss mortars- I love the things. They aren't more powerful than artillery, though.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Evanh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 2:58pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by Evanh Evanh wrote:

(mortars or more deadly than artillery)

No they arne't. Mortars have a much smaller warhead than an artillery shell, and they're generally fused to explode on contact with the ground. Artillery can be fused to explode above the ground and shower a target with shrapnel. The advantages of mortars is that they can be used close in, and carried by one or two soldiers.

That's not to dismiss mortars- I love the things. They aren't more powerful than artillery, though.

Mortars have proximity fuses now(explode when it is close and not any contact) and artillery what I meant mortars is come in closer to 90 degrees of impact than artilery does so more shrapnel gets dispersed. Artillery is steep angle so 1/4-1/3 gets imbedded in the ground. And yea I know artillery can go alot further and have some large shells but giving a mortars size.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 3:26pm
When a mortar shell explodes over the ground, it has far more 'downwards' velocity, hence shrapnel has less chance to expand laterally before it strikes the ground. An artuillery shell comes in at an angle, and the geometry is such taht the shrapnel covers a significantly larger area in a cone that extends from the explosion outwards in the same difrection as flight.

both are devastating if used properly, but the geometery of an artilly shell gives it more lethality. Mortars are useful for their portability and ease of use.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

Uberhamster View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Flaming, Language 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 2:02pm
I think we should make a semi auto C3 with a cyclone feed that can be used to snipe with a three foot neon colored barrel and a paint bayonet you can use to stab paint on people!
Stiffy2008- 'wat is a noob?'

Yep, I lied about getting a Trans Am.
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Uberhamster Uberhamster wrote:

I think we should make a semi auto C3 with a cyclone feed that can be used to snipe with a three foot neon colored barrel and a paint bayonet you can use to stab paint on people!
BRILLIANT!!!!!
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
Evanh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 4:01pm
Ok forget mortars and artillery. 2.75 inch Flechette rockets ARE THE BEST. Take that man hiding in a tree.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by sneaky_sniper sneaky_sniper wrote:

Originally posted by Uberhamster Uberhamster wrote:

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Fool. you forgot the paint flamethrower.

Uberhamster View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Flaming, Language 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uberhamster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 12:40pm
What was I thinking!? I missed the Paintflamethrower AND the paint shotgun you can bolt on there!!
Stiffy2008- 'wat is a noob?'

Yep, I lied about getting a Trans Am.
dmp4892 View Drop Down
Goodbye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 1:04pm
Paintflamethrower = spray paint

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 5:27pm
Don't worry, Klaus is still around here. He should be able to provide the shotugn with no problem. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 5:50pm
i got and idea... we can use the paint shot gun by getting a can of spray paint, stand 15 feet away, and hold down the top part, it has a scatter effect
benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 10:47pm
Wow....your....exremely creative.

lol
Sig is WAY too big.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by benttwig33 benttwig33 wrote:

Wow....your....exremely creative.

lol
lol, thank you
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 12:16am
that could literally kill someone
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 11:52am
I dunno man... The spray paint doesn't have an adjustable velocity, you might get in trouble for firing hot. The spray's brilliant though.

Maybe instead we could mount a super-soaker full of water with food dye underneath the barrel using Weaver rails.

Mr. Spiffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Spiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 1:07pm
Hehe... reminds me of my paintball howizter post from way back when .
Missing: 2nd star and 960+ posts to my name.
-Another victim of the system.
brit1919 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit1919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2005 at 3:16pm

just pack a cluster bomb full of paintballs, launch it and when it flies over the ennemy down goes 6000 paintballs while afterwards the guy hopes that something slightly unpleasant happens to you like an onion falling on your head.

heres your shotgun http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/613/

2k5 prostock
A5
Egrip
Flatline
JJ Ceramic
72/3000 hpa
Remote
Gerbil of Doom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerbil of Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 4:24pm
  Very creative imaginations.  But, maybe someday, this all ill come true.
ProCarbine
16" Dye Ultralite
Egg II
R/T
Double Trigger
Red Dye Grips
Remote Line

Autococker as a backup w/6 piece J&J kit, eclipse ram, Worr Frame.
Reaper6191 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper6191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 5:58pm
Ya know what would be cool is if you had a platform with wheels and 2 fire extiguishers on the back, then have two or three people on it and do drivebys, paintball style
paintballing should be an olympic sport
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2005 at 7:58pm
It could work, but you'd need a marker that could feed balls while you hold it sideways.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic