Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

any SP-8 Sightings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: any SP-8 Sightings?
    Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:13pm
Anyone have or see anyone toting a SP-8 in the field? There's one on display at my local PB shop. Technically it is supposed to be an Ion in a tactical shell. The gun is awsome. Personally I think the shell is extremely ugly. However, the guns speed cancels out the ugly. LOL
monty_sniper View Drop Down
ions are better than any high end gun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:14pm
nope, nvr seen one used.
98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.
Proud owner of 3 guns and counting.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:14pm
No. And that's good, because if I saw someone with one of them, I would be forced to point and laugh. And throw beer bottles.
skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

No. And that's good, because if I saw someone with one of them, I would be forced to point and laugh. And throw beer bottles.
why would you laugh? just curious. the gun is kind of bulkly and ugly but it out performs most tippmans.
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:19pm
That is funny, why haven't any of my local pro-shops ordered any yet? All they are is an Ion with a new body for woodsball.

It's been changed jackass.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:19pm

Originally posted by skruge skruge wrote:

why would you laugh? just curious. the gun is kind of bulkly and ugly but it out performs most tippmans.

I have my reasons. Mil Sim stuff makes me gag.

It may out perform most Tippmanns but then again I don't shoot a Tippmann anymore.

Edited by hybrid-sniper
Mr.Shake56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Shake56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:21pm
haha so true ^^^^^^
skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:22pm

It may out perform most Tippmanns but then again I don't shoot a Tippmann anymore.

oh okay cool, what marker do you use? (including mods)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:24pm

oh okay cool, what marker do you use? (including mods)

http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=137 836&KW=Fly

That.

That gun is the reason I dislike Milsim related paintball stuff. The game itself is fine, but I don't like it. And my personality causes the laughing and throwing of bottles.

Whazuuup! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Non-believer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whazuuup! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:32pm
^^Dang that's hott.

SP-8s are probably decent guns, but they look so plastic and....

yeah... something out of halo.

How much do they cost?

Edited by Whazuuup!
djrock View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Filter Dodge 01/13/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:38pm
They are just Ions with a completely new look to them.

It's been changed jackass.
skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Whazuuup! Whazuuup! wrote:

^^Dang that's hott.

SP-8s are probably decent guns, but they look so plastic and....

yeah... something out of halo.

How much do they cost?

they aren't plastic. they do look plastic though. i shot it in the back of the store. its sweet. they do look like something out of a video game though. LOL The store around my area charges $425.
RedLion56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLion56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 5:40am

Yeah a bit pricey.But if you are a Halo fanatic then i guess you would like one of them.

I think the magazine is unpractical (unless it is a gas-thru mag) and i bet the barell is unacurate.

A5
12"Bigshot
Pure energy 20ozCo2x2/AntiSyphon
32 degrees Black X_chamber
Pen spring mod
Polished Internals
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 10:02am
I've seen them in action. Pretty darn accurate, awfull heavy though but what do ya expect for a MIL SIM.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 10:14am

If I got a Ion I sure as hell wouldn't get one with over a $100 dollar body added to it that makes it 3x as heavy, and half as funtional.

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 2:49pm
Snake. The SP8 is just an ION with a body kit, you still have all the functions of a normal stock ION.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 3:30pm
I know that you have the functions, Iwas tlaking about all the extra wieght, and bulk that is added for no reason whatsoever...
skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

I know that you have the functions, Iwas tlaking about all the extra wieght, and bulk that is added for no reason whatsoever...
well think about it, majority of woodsball fans have heavy markers when they finishing modding.
Hail to all the nazis on this board. facism lives on! (sarcasm if you cant tell)

nobody likes a
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 4:51pm

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

well think about it, majority of woodsball fans have heavy markers when they finishing modding.

It's all for looks. I'm an avid woodballer and cant stand the thought of using an heavy/loud marker, especially in a 24hour scenario on a huge field.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 7:59pm
*sigh* and again I continue my crusade against people who cry about the weight of *any* paintball marker.

SUCK IT UP. Go to the Gym or something, for crying out loud. It's pathetic that people can't stand the thought of carrying a five pound object around all day. Bloody hell. If the MilSim marker's that damned heavy put a sling on it, or something, but don't whine that it's 'too heavy' because it weighs more than your TV remote.

The Ion is a perfectly functional marker for anyone who doens't feel a pathological need to compensate for their penis, and probably their inability to shoot accurately by emptying their bank account into a grotesquely overpriced piece of circuitry and milling. The Ion is on par with a lot of markers three times its cost in terms of appreciable performance, and if you actually think there's a practical difference between 15 BPS and 25, you need to put down your paintball marker and get a real life outside of speedball. I hope the entire sport gets capped at 15 bps so all the Ion owners can laugh at you condescending prima donnas with your $1700 wonderguns.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic