FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

any SP-8 Sightings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

Dont be slammin me for my spelling when your replies are laced with spelling and grammatical errors as well. Hense the old saying "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Some of us actually have this thing called a Job. I am not you, I work for a living.

*No he started it. No he did! Who's the child here?

And for your previous comments about counterstrike...

I never said I played counterstrike in this post so whatever medication you forgot to take this morning I think you need to remember to take it tommorow.

And some of us attend university (so we can alter work for a living) AND have a job (so we can pay for the emans to alter work for a living). I forgot though, that the Canadian military is such a joke that it doens't count as employment, right?

The counterstrike comments were based off your presumptions about tactics and how I play the game, plus your apparent level of maturity. Any idiot can come on the Tippmann forums and start making dumb posts like 'OMG! Five pounds! Herculese!!!' Previous to this we were having a relatively intelligent discussion. If you'd kindly bugger off I'd like to continue discussing the relevant stuff with thsoe interested in the subject matter- namely the marker in question, its impact on the MilSim style of play, and the comparison of that style of play to other style which other people favour. If you think that MilSim markers are too heavy you can go to pbnation and circlejerk with the die-hard speedballers.

My typing (and consequently spelling) is occasionally atrocious, but my grammar is close to impeccable. Don't overgeneralize your flames- they tend to rebound. And your last comment does not negate the truth that you showed up in this thread without anything intelligent to say and started spouting off drivel, thus provoking my retaliatory comments. You've managed to reduce jsut about everything else to a fifth-grade level though, so I suppose a 'he started it!, no he did!' comparison oughtn't surprise me. Thsoe backed into logical corners often slip into redundancy and a declining downward spiral of increasingly pathetic flames.

Now please, go ruin someone else's thread, or else post something intelligent about the SP8 marker and possibly redeem yourself somewhat.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 6:06pm
nice one brihard. good to know fellow Canadians understand the purpose of a thread. as to our friend justice here, please stop with your comments and actually post about the marker in question, that being the SP-8. I can't force you, and I don't think anyone really can, but as brihard said, save your reputation and say something intelligent. that is all.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
tippmanncp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmanncp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 7:57pm
i do believe the sp8 is modded off the gun the military is adopting to replace the m16 line.
Band of Brothers
Proudly Sponsered by
Mission Masters
skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

[QUOTE=Justice]EDIt TO ADD: Oh yeah, I accidentally drifted the thread. Anywho, redgarding the actual SP-8, some of you think it looks weird, but it's based off the design of a real firearm, the H&K XM-8 that was being developed as a possible M16 replacement. The stock SP8 looks like crap, but with the new barrel and the stock it looks respectably similar to the real firearm. A single trigger would be nice, but I'm sure they'll realize they goofed on that soon enough and offer it as a five dollar upgrade...
wow...

thanks for that bit of knowledge. well, what-do-ya-know it is a real gun. so for the person who said it looks like something out of halo check this out...

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/uploads/large/XM8_Carbine2004-06-1 6.jpg

Hail to all the nazis on this board. facism lives on! (sarcasm if you cant tell)

nobody likes a
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 8:07pm

Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

No. And that's good, because if I saw someone with one of them, I would be forced to point and laugh. And throw beer bottles.

Talk to Rouge from RPG. We were was discussing the ION's huge problems, downfalls, unreliabilty, ect. This man knows his stuff. Im not going to argue about it though. And someones going to say "yeah because you dont know what your talking about." For the most part, yeah, but from what he knows, hah.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 8:20pm
The majority of reviews at pbreview.com seem to claim otherwise. Its reliability isn't really in question among most of the people who own one.

Skruge- no problem, bud. I love education people about guns and such. The XM8 is a prety sexy rifle, and a good marker based on it is downright hot. I'd like to find a review of the MKX8 from JCS, see if maybe they did a better job of it than Smart Parts did.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 8:33pm
if you find it let me know.

btw, pbreview.com doesn't always get it right but its a great site. that  saved me from making a couple of HUGE mistakes.
Hail to all the nazis on this board. facism lives on! (sarcasm if you cant tell)

nobody likes a
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 8:40pm

Buy it, take it out of a box, shoot it and write a review is whats on pbreview, as well as biased reveiws. People dont understand the long term effect... Like the Pinto, great, cheap, perfect car that everyone wanted, untill they discovered the gas tank would instantly bust open, spill and burn under the car while the doors would be smashed shut when even slightly rear-ended.

Christ why am I arguing.

skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by triggerhappy1 triggerhappy1 wrote:

Buy it, take it out of a box, shoot it and write a review is whats on pbreview, as well as biased reveiws. People dont understand the long term effect... Like the Pinto, great, cheap, perfect car that everyone wanted, untill they discovered the gas tank would instantly bust open, spill and burn under the car while the doors would be smashed shut when even slightly rear-ended.

Christ why am I arguing.

yes why are you arguing? people update their reviews all the time on pbreview.com. and just because something gets bad reviews doesnt mean people are not going to buy it. it is just things that other people noticed that you should take into consideration. thats all.

nobody likes a
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 10:11pm
Wow, my post actually shut "justice" up. Anyways, thanks guys for restoring this thread to it's true intent. Has anyone seen an SP-8 yet?
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 6:32am

^ ok Herculese We all know how the Canadian army is so kick butt and all. 

Check your attitude, you're coming off as a jerk to anyone with half a brain that reads this thread.

And if you're going to complain about the weight of a paintball marker if its 5 pounds....I dont think I need to worry about ever having you mad at me.

eliminator View Drop Down
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 8:55am
the things are wacky! no matter if they got longer barrels or stocks or scopes or whatever!!! just get a a-5 mod : ex: a-5 stealth. it may be heavy but don't whine about u lazy people!!
__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
R THOSE MY BALLS ON UR FACE
eliminator View Drop Down
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 8:58am

Dont be slammin me for my spelling when your replies are laced with spelling and grammatical errors as well. Hense the old saying "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Some of us actually have this thing called a Job. I am not you, I work for a living.

*No he started it. No he did! Who's the child here?

And for your previous comments about counterstrike...

I never said I played counterstrike in this post so whatever medication you forgot to take this morning I think you need to remember to take it tommorow.

And some of us attend university (so we can alter work for a living) AND have a job (so we can pay for the emans to alter work for a living). I forgot though, that the Canadian military is such a joke that it doens't count as employment, right?

The counterstrike comments were based off your presumptions about tactics and how I play the game, plus your apparent level of maturity. Any idiot can come on the Tippmann forums and start making dumb posts like 'OMG! Five pounds! Herculese!!!' Previous to this we were having a relatively intelligent discussion. If you'd kindly bugger off I'd like to continue discussing the relevant stuff with thsoe interested in the subject matter- namely the marker in question, its impact on the MilSim style of play, and the comparison of that style of play to other style which other people favour. If you think that MilSim markers are too heavy you can go to pbnation and circlejerk with the die-hard speedballers.

My typing (and consequently spelling) is occasionally atrocious, but my grammar is close to impeccable. Don't overgeneralize your flames- they tend to rebound. And your last comment does not negate the truth that you showed up in this thread without anything intelligent to say and started spouting off drivel, thus provoking my retaliatory comments. You've managed to reduce jsut about everything else to a fifth-grade level though, so I suppose a 'he started it!, no he did!' comparison oughtn't surprise me. Thsoe backed into logical corners often slip into redundancy and a declining downward spiral of increasingly pathetic flames.

Now please, go ruin someone else's thread, or else post something intelligent about the SP8 marker and possibly redeem yourself somewhat.
ur in the canadian army?? sweet!! u must realy be good at sernoars, i waould wann be on the oppisite team! (im serious)
__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
R THOSE MY BALLS ON UR FACE
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 11:12am
Playing with other army types is good times, but paintball is just a game, so we don't get hardcore or too serious about it. Basically the only military stuff that comes into play is the instincitve teamwork, and the mutual support when you're moving. With my kid brother or a civilian friend I might have to tell them to lay fire through that window so I can move up, but with one of my buddies they'll do it on their own initiative.

It's still good fun though. I find that the hardcore airsofters and those types geenrally take the tactical stuff more seriously than we do when we're out for a game of paintball- though then again they get half of it wrong, too. .

Reb, thansk for the support. I wasn't entirely sure if I was out of line thinking this guy was being a big Richard in some of his posts.

Usually if a bunch of us are out there we split in half so each team has a fair share. If we don't, the refs usually make us, LOL.

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Ilford Rule Ilford Rule wrote:

Wow, my post actually shut "justice" up. Anyways, thanks guys for restoring this thread to it's true intent. Has anyone seen an SP-8 yet?

No I left work for the day and yes my comments about the Canadian Army was stupid and I apologize.

Well at least the Mods can flame too I see. So is that a sign to keep the flame fest going? I would rather not. I just know that when I grow up I wanna be just like Brihard....Blowhard or whatever his name is. 

Take care my love

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 10:13pm
^^^ LOL

slipped in a quick flame.

i have came to the conclusion that the sp-8 is a great gun but it kind of defeats the purpose to have a electro mil sim marker for woodsball. woodsball markers get banged around and take a whole lot of abuse. not to mention weather conditions. so an electro gun is like moving backwards.

nobody likes a
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 10:42pm
Let me refresh that very short memory of yours Brihard about how this all started....

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 4:51pm

It's all for looks. I'm an avid woodballer and cant stand the thought of using an heavy/loud marker, especially in a 24hour scenario on a huge field.

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 7:59pm

*sigh* and again I continue my crusade against people who cry about the weight of *any* paintball marker.

SUCK IT UP. Go to the Gym or something, for crying out loud. It's pathetic that people can't stand the thought of carrying a five pound object around all day. Bloody hell. If the MilSim marker's that damned heavy put a sling on it, or something, but don't whine that it's 'too heavy' because it weighs more than your TV remote.

I found that to be flame worthy and I took ofense to his comments obviously directed towards me. If Brihard wants to keep thinking he is the hero and all that, hey that's fine. But here in the real world I see it how it is. If you would get off that pompus, stuck up butt of yours you would realize you started the trashing up of these forums with your wild assumtions about me personally, like for example my family life, my work, my physical shape and appearence and so on.

Then the The mod comes in and basically condones this type of forum activity and continues with the flame fest. Great work guys, yeah I may look like the "jerk" but I know I'm not the only one here.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
dmp4892 View Drop Down
Goodbye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 10:43pm
I don't understand why everyone thinks the SP8 looks so weird... it's a replica of the M8, a real firearm.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by dmp4892 dmp4892 wrote:

I don't understand why everyone thinks the SP8 looks so weird... it's a replica of the M8, a real firearm.

The fact that it's based off a real firearm doesn't make it any prettier.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 10:56pm

Let me refresh that very short memory of yours Brihard about how this all started....

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 4:51pm

It's all for looks. I'm an avid woodballer and cant stand the thought of using an heavy/loud marker, especially in a 24hour scenario on a huge field.

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 7:59pm

*sigh* and again I continue my crusade against people who cry about the weight of *any* paintball marker.

SUCK IT UP. Go to the Gym or something, for crying out loud. It's pathetic that people can't stand the thought of carrying a five pound object around all day. Bloody hell. If the MilSim marker's that damned heavy put a sling on it, or something, but don't whine that it's 'too heavy' because it weighs more than your TV remote.

I found that to be flame worthy and I took ofense to his comments obviously directed towards me. If Brihard wants to keep thinking he is the hero and all that, hey that's fine. But here in the real world I see it how it is. If you would get off that pompus, stuck up butt of yours you would realize you started the trashing up of these forums with your wild assumtions about me personally, like for example my family life, my work, my physical shape and appearence and so on.

Then the The mod comes in and basically condones this type of forum activity and continues with the flame fest. Great work guys, yeah I may look like the "jerk" but I know I'm not the only one here.

Fine, whatever. If an SP-8 is too heavy for your style, great. So be it. Your call. Posting that kind of complaint only really impacts on your own image, so it's not my place to talk about it.

If you want to keep flaming after the thread has progressed, again, so be it. As for me I've got better stuff to talk about, so knock yourself out.

That being said, I accept your quasi-apology about your comment about the military. It does take a man to admit his errors, and I respect that.

Now if folks could quite cluttering this up, let's get back on topic.

Edited by brihard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic