FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

any SP-8 Sightings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 8:05pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

*sigh* and again I continue my crusade against people who cry about the weight of *any* paintball marker.

SUCK IT UP. Go to the Gym or something, for crying out loud. It's pathetic that people can't stand the thought of carrying a five pound object around all day. Bloody hell. If the MilSim marker's that damned heavy put a sling on it, or something, but don't whine that it's 'too heavy' because it weighs more than your TV remote.

The Ion is a perfectly functional marker for anyone who doens't feel a pathological need to compensate for their penis, and probably their inability to shoot accurately by emptying their bank account into a grotesquely overpriced piece of circuitry and milling. The Ion is on par with a lot of markers three times its cost in terms of appreciable performance, and if you actually think there's a practical difference between 15 BPS and 25, you need to put down your paintball marker and get a real life outside of speedball. I hope the entire sport gets capped at 15 bps so all the Ion owners can laugh at you condescending prima donnas with your $1700 wonderguns.

God I sure hope that never happens.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2005 at 8:17pm
The day it does is the day they save the credibility of paintball and turn it into a skill based on sport rather than on technology and one's ability to spend money on ammunition. They might as well send everyone out there with a pressure washer hose the way it's played now. Hell, if I had my way speedball would be limited to 7 or 8 BPS, but I know that's just hoping for something I'll never see. There's no need for people to shoot so bloody fast though, and it keeps the sport prohibitively expensive for new players who want to be on a vague technological par with the teenagers who spend daddy's money on their markers.

Other radical ideas include limiting players to 'x' number of paintballs per game, or limiting markers to mechanical only. I have incredible respect for those pump players who go to speedball fields and dominate the semiauto teams using skill and precision. The 'sport' such as it is, revolves these days around technology, attitude, and one's ability to cheat without getting caught. That's not much of a sport in my eyes.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 7:36am

I play speedball, and woodsball. I have been known to go on my local field after a long day of reffin, with all the other refs who all shoot electros, with nothing with a pump, or a pistol. Why do I do it, because it is fun.

But that aside, all the SP-8 is is a speedball marker with a woodsball body. WHy would I pay over $100 more for a plastic body? Why not get a stock Ion for $100 less, that is lighter which allows for more speed on the playing field, smaller which allows for snap-shooting. Therefore allowing you to play speedball, and woodsball with it. Therefore the stock Ion is a more functional marker so why pay $100 more for something that is less funtional?

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 12:51pm
Because for some Mil-Sim players, the look is definitely worth it. Look at all those kids who buy thsoe godaful M4 barrel kits fo their 98 Customs, when the money would be much better spent on a J&J Ceramic and a case of paint to practice with?

I'm a Mil-Simmer, but I purchase for function. I have a flatline because I like the extra range, and a car-stock because I've got enough experience with real firearms that shooting without a stock feels bloody weird and uncomfortable.

I picked up a SIM-5 as well, but Ariakons are very highly regarded for reliability and accuracy. Great barrel, it comes with a stock already, obviously, and it just happens to look killer.

The SP8 wouldn't be my personal choice, but some people like the electronics, so if that suits them, fine. There's a stock upgrade coming out, plus a new barrel that will actually function as a suppressor. Besides, considering how much money you can drop intoa  marker that's barely more functional than an ion (over a thousand bucks, for isntance), if you can afford it, why not drop the extra hundred for looks if that's your style? Most speedballers would spend that much in paint pretty quickly anyway, so I don't see there being a big deal.

Personally if I were going for an XM-8 lookalike I'd go with the MkX8 or whatever it's called that JCS released. Better XM8 looks, plus thes tock is included and it's all mechanical...

I think Smart Parts is on to something, personall;y. Notice that WGP quietly released their tactical autococker (not that trilogy piece of junk, I mean the $700 one) with the weaver rails and such. The companies are starting to wake up and realzie there's a growing market in MilSim, and they're trying to tap our dollars. They've takena  smart approach- tkaing a proven system (the Ion) that already has a great reputation, and then adapting it for MilSim. Once they rpove to themselves that they can break into the market, maybe they'll make something emcahnical, with a single trigger.

Alternatively, what they may do use the ion internals (though again hopefully with a single trigger) and release a number of different shells or bodies so people can pick and choose their look- I could see a G36 being easily done the same way as the SP8, for instance, plus any number of other rifles.

There's a lot of potential, and SP is starting to explore it.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 1:27pm
I just discovered some photos of the SP8 with the enw accessories mounted- it looks MUCH better now. Check these out:

http://www.usmilitarygear.com/sp8tactical.php

RavenGuard View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenGuard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 4:15pm

*sigh* and again I continue my crusade against people who cry about the weight of *any* paintball marker.

SUCK IT UP. Go to the Gym or something, for crying out loud. It's pathetic that people can't stand the thought of carrying a five pound object around all day. Bloody hell. If the MilSim marker's that damned heavy put a sling on it, or something, but don't whine that it's 'too heavy' because it weighs more than your TV remote.

The Ion is a perfectly functional marker for anyone who doens't feel a pathological need to compensate for their penis, and probably their inability to shoot accurately by emptying their bank account into a grotesquely overpriced piece of circuitry and milling. The Ion is on par with a lot of markers three times its cost in terms of appreciable performance, and if you actually think there's a practical difference between 15 BPS and 25, you need to put down your paintball marker and get a real life outside of speedball. I hope the entire sport gets capped at 15 bps so all the Ion owners can laugh at you condescending prima donnas with your $1700 wonderguns.

i agree completely... i've seen people whine about the A-5 and how it's so heavy... honestly, an 8 year old could run around with this and have an easy time.  Start complaining when your marker starts weighing 20 lb, which i would agree to be a reasonable "pissy" point. 
Tippmann A-5
Polished Internals
E-Grip
Ape Board
JCS Blade Trigger
QEV
8" Bigshot + Apex
Ricochet R-5 / Tac Cap
Palmers Stabilizer
68/4500 Crossfire
brit1919 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit1919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 5:03pm

I think its ridiculous that people whine about carrying 5-6 pund guns. Ever held the real thing?...Imagine carrying a real rifle all day all the time. Seriously, an m-60 is closing in on the 15-20 lb mark, and a fully outfitted M16a2 starts at about 7 lb anyway.   Sorry im ranting now

2k5 prostock
A5
Egrip
Flatline
JJ Ceramic
72/3000 hpa
Remote
Scotchbroth View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Languge 1/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchbroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 7:41pm

I was at the UK launch of the SP8, And i have to say that it performed well. It was fast and accurate and not at the expense of weight as it is not much heavier than an A5.

skruge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skruge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 7:56pm
^^^ thats what i was thinking. when i was in the store, i held it. it didnt feel much heavier than my a5.
Hail to all the nazis on this board. facism lives on! (sarcasm if you cant tell)

nobody likes a
eliminator View Drop Down
Drinks from the Toilet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 8:44pm

I just discovered some photos of the SP8 with the enw accessories mounted- it looks MUCH better now. Check these out:

http://www.usmilitarygear.com/sp8tactical.php

ahh.. nope still looks wacky... a-5 wit mods are way bettre like the a-5 stealth.
__||__
[        }------ =() =()
//'   ||
R THOSE MY BALLS ON UR FACE
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by brit1919 brit1919 wrote:

I think its ridiculous that people whine about carrying 5-6 pund guns. Ever held the real thing?...Imagine carrying a real rifle all day all the time. Seriously, an m-60 is closing in on the 15-20 lb mark, and a fully outfitted M16a2 starts at about 7 lb anyway.   Sorry im ranting now

As true as that is, give these people some credit. Although 5-6 pounds IS nothing, Tippmanns are comparatively heavy guns. At least they aren't shooting spyder mechanicals (ugh). Those weigh a pound tops (at least the x-tra does). We should go to the Kingman forums and see how much they freak out about the 98's weight, let alote the SP-8.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 2:15am
Originally posted by brit1919 brit1919 wrote:

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly the M60 was approximately 23 lbs.  The M60 replacement (M240?) is even heavier.

Where's Old Soldier when we need his expertise?
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 10:57am

O God, I am going to call you Hurculese from now on. When I run your flank and shoot you in the butt beause your too lazy with your over-weight impracticale MIL-SIM dont be crying as you walk off the field.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

O God, I am going to call you Hurculese from now on. When I run your flank and shoot you in the butt beause your too lazy with your over-weight impracticale MIL-SIM dont be crying as you walk off the field.

ps.
Your assumption of me is way off. I am 36 years old, 6'-0" tall and around 200lbs. I dont consider myself weak and I have been to the GYM in my past but now with 2 kids (both in diapers), working full time, wiife works full time and has school two nights a week I hardly have the time to breathe lately so I dont goto the GYM anymore.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

Hush, silly tool. You imply that because my Tippmann weighs more than your TV remote that I'm going to sit there? Hardly. If I can sprint with a light machinegun or loaded assault rifle on a section attack in my infantry training, I can sure as hell book it up a flank with a Tippmann or an Ariakon. I don't just sit there waiting for stuff to happen unless that's my team's strategy- I'm generally one of the guys up on point or booking round the perimeter of the field to infiltrate the enemy flank.

When I play, I play with teammates, and we watch each others' flanks. If we DO elect to sit still so our defence can absorb and repulse and attack before we go on the advance, I guarantee that people arne't going to have an opportunity to flank us since we've got mutual overwatch. And when we DO move up, if I'm moving, my buddy's firing to keep your head down, and then when he's moving, I'm doing the covering.

Now go back to your circlejerk Counter-strike fantasies about what paintball in the woods is actually like in your world.

EDIt TO ADD: Oh yeah, I accidentally drifted the thread. Anywho, redgarding the actual SP-8, some of you think it looks weird, but it's based off the design of a real firearm, the H&K XM-8 that was being developed as a possible M16 replacement. The stock SP8 looks like crap, but with the new barrel and the stock it looks respectably similar to the real firearm. A single trigger would be nice, but I'm sure they'll realize they goofed on that soon enough and offer it as a five dollar upgrade...

Edited by brihard

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 2:04pm
^ ok Herculese We all know how the Canadian army is so kick butt and all. 

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 2:20pm
Kind of sad that you consider anyone who can lift seven pounds Hercules. I'd reccommend working out. Well anyway, we use essentially the same firearms that your military does. I presume you'd consider an American soldier to be just as worthy of condescension on the basis of both of us doing the exact same job in essentially the same way? And I'll draw attention the the Presidential Unit Citation that your government gave to several of our units in Afhganistan. Plus the silver stars some of our soldiers were awarded by your government.  Though this is probably lost on you, as you'd likely be hard pressed to make it through the boy scouts, never mind a real military force.

It's OK, though. Pussies wave all kinds of flags; we have our share of such up here in Canada too, just like most Ameicans I've met are reasonable, intelligent people, despite your efforts to convince me otherwise

But I digress- you've already satisfactorally proved your own ignroance. Go back to playing Counter-Strike, child. At least there you might convince someone you're cool. Maybe you can reinforce the unfortuante stereotype your kind has given to your entire country while you're at it.

Edited by brihard

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 3:12pm
It's all personal preference like I stated in my original reply. But you the all mighty Hercules seems to care less about personal prefernce, it's your way or your a "wimp" right?

Keep up with the flaming, it's rather amusing.

O yeah I clicked the link in your sig and it looks like you got hacked. I guess you've spread your ideologies a lil too far AYE?!

Edited by Justice

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 3:34pm
LOL, if you look again you'll see the website was back up within 30 minutes of it being ahcked. The site owners are on the ball. It's not my site, I jsut happen to be a member of it/

Of course it's eprsonal rpeference- which is why it was so idiotic when you tried to argue that anyone with a 'heavy' (read- MilSim marker) is jsut gonna sit in place instead of moving. After I shot THAt down, I moved on to deconstructing your ignroant perception of my country's armed forces. I also made note of the fact that you feel only 'Hercules' (congrats on realziing your spelling was all FUBAR to being with, BTW) coudl lift a five pound marker. I believe I also condemned you for contribution to the incorrect but prevalent stereotype that Americans are idiot. I know better, but you manage to convey taht impressionto foreigners who've not had adequate experience to know the truth.

I'll point out that YOU started the name calling and flaming, so don't get high and might. I also never referred to you as a wimp; I beleive the term I used was '**edited**', but in the plural sense.

People can play however they want, but for people to cry about a marker weighing (Gasp!) five pounds is just absolutely pathetic and a sign of the times, in how goddamned lazy some people are.

If you're 36, I can't even fathom how you could still maintain such an infantile attitude. I know the anonymity of the itnernet is nice, but that doesn't mean any grown man should abuse that priviliege to act like an utter tool. Would you want your children to espouse the same condescending attitudes you do, blindly condemning and insulting without any actual knowledge of what you're talking about?

For that matter, if you've got such a time consuming and important family life why do you come on here flaming peopel and generally making an ass of yourself when you could be spending time with your kids?

Pathetic.

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 4:09pm

I also made note of the fact that you feel only 'Hercules' (congrats on realziing your spelling was all FUBAR to being with, BTW) coudl lift a five pound marker.

Dont be slammin me for my spelling when your replies are laced with spelling and grammatical errors as well. Hense the old saying "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

For that matter, if you've got such a time consuming and important family life why do you come on here flaming peopel and generally making an ass of yourself when you could be spending time with your kids?

Pathetic.

Some of us actually have this thing called a Job. I am not you, I work for a living.

I'll point out that YOU started the name calling and flaming, so don't get high and might. I also never referred to you as a wimp; I beleive the term I used was '**edited**', but in the plural sense.

*No he started it. No he did! Who's the child here?

And for your previous comments about counterstrike...

I never said I played counterstrike in this post so whatever medication you forgot to take this morning I think you need to remember to take it tommorow.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic