Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fogles Mask

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tippmann5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fogles Mask
    Posted: 03 December 2005 at 3:05pm

to me, the most annoying thing is a fog'd up mask. so i've been working on a fogles mask, and i made it happen by installing a gas mask into my JT paintball mask. it doesn't only WORK but it looks awesome! i tested the mask over an 8 hour period, the first hour the mask started to fog on the corners of the lens, by the second hour the lens was fully covered with a very very light fog, the the third hour and on the fog went away. this was tested at room temp i haven't yet got to test it at colder temps. so does anyone have a better idea for fogles masks or what not?

98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
hatchj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatchj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 3:32pm
umm y dont u just use a thermal lens?
-tippmann 98c
-remote
-nothin yet...pm me with any suggestions to buy crap
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 3:47pm
or an anti fog spray...
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by hatchj hatchj wrote:

umm y dont u just use a thermal lens?
Yep. Always worked for me.

So long as the inner lens is clean... and I limit how often I ever touch it (use a blower to blow away dust... and if I NEED to clean it, use water ONLY and microfiber cloth)... the thermal lens alone seems to work for me.

That, coupled with proper fit, breathing thru my nose when I can, and not blocking any of the vents with headgear... it is a rarity that I ever fog up. For a while, I did have a JT fan as a backup... but it got to the point where I didn't really need it anymore.
Tippmann5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 4:35pm

i do own a thermo lens and it fogs the same as a normal mask, i use anti fog spray but it never works, and when i clean my mask i clean it with water and a soft cloth, it still fogs. for the first 2 short wars the mask never fogs up, but after it starts to fog it never stops, and thats not just my mask, all my crews masks do it to. so what do you guys have that i don't?...

98% of paintballers act gangsta', if you are of the 2% that are normal, put this this in your sig.
RedLion56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLion56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 4:49pm

Maybe you are just unlucky  

A5
12"Bigshot
Pure energy 20ozCo2x2/AntiSyphon
32 degrees Black X_chamber
Pen spring mod
Polished Internals
Tippmann5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 5:00pm

i ges so, but if im unlucky how did i atemp to make an awesome looking fogles mask lol.

anyways, im fairly new to paintballing (still good) so i haven't had a winter war yet, i hear in the cold masks like to fog like crazy, do you guys have any problems in the winter with your masks?

UV Halo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UV Halo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2005 at 1:35pm
After playing in Southern California and Virginia during the years before thermal lenses, and then playing with thermal lenses, I've found my personal favorite setup.

The problem is not just the breath coming from your nose and mouth but, also the evaporation of sweat from the skin around your eyes and forehead. No matter how well your breath is vented, this will cause fogging.

Personally, I've also found that the performance of thermal lenses deteriorates over time. I also don't like the way you have to be sure not to touch the inner lens, and trying to dab up dust and splatter with a few drops of water sucks.

Here's my setup: JT Proteus 2 with a single pane lens, and a fan. After every days play (or in between games when necessary after splatter, or such), I clean the lens using the plexus lens spray, and then apply the anti-fog treatment. The fog treatment by itself will prevent fog 95% of the time so far this year and I kick the fan when necessary. Easier to clean, and performs reliably.
M98C- W/QwkStrpCut
Comp Air & Palmer Fatty Stab
Gas-Thru Stock
Lapco Sight Rail W/ADCO 30MM EDOT
Qloader W/ CMS
Freak SS W/Stif-Tip * Flatline * Armson Stealth
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2005 at 7:14pm
Rub the inside of your mask with dish soap. then buff it in till its clear and streak free. best anti fog ever is dish soap
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2005 at 8:09pm
i live in texas, and at the scenario game last weekend (dec. 2-4) it only got to about 67ish*F at night. move down here, and you wont have to play in winter!
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Scotchbroth View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Languge 1/27

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchbroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 6:28pm

Or get a fan. But a thermal lens should work fine. i have played for 8 hours pretty much non stop with no fogging and only a thermal lens.

i think you have decided to think outside the box. I salute you sir.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic