Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help for a friend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
<Stealthy> View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <Stealthy> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help for a friend
    Posted: 28 November 2005 at 11:58pm
One of my buds has had a model 98 for about a year now and is just now getting a new barrel only becuase he is playing more now. He has been looking at either the j&j full tilt and the armson stealth and they are really close in cost. I dont really know anything about these barrels and i told him id ask yall to see your opioins. Thanks for any help
-Tippman 98c
-Lapco Bigshot 14"
-Flatline
-Palmer Stablizer (male)
-Dead On dropforward
-Hyperstar bolt
-Red dot sight
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 12:06am
My opinion would be to skip both and just get a J&J Ceramic at half the cost.

Armson Stealths never impressed me. I was turned off by the "rifling" inside... which to me, invited messier/harder cleanups when the inevitable barrel break/chop happened.

J&J Full Tilt is a nice barrel... but I don't see how it would perform any better than the less expensive Ceramic. It's just "flashier looking", and markets the hype towards 2pc barrels.

If he is dead-set on those two choices... I would go J&J.
However at the same time, I would recommend the Ceramic over the Tilt, given the lower cost and equal performance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <Stealthy> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 1:06am
he isnt really deadset on anything he just didnt know if the j&j ceramic would actually give the same results as the full tilt
-Tippman 98c
-Lapco Bigshot 14"
-Flatline
-Palmer Stablizer (male)
-Dead On dropforward
-Hyperstar bolt
-Red dot sight
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:44am
I have a J&J ceramic for my A-5, and my brothers for one for his 98. We are both pleased with the performance of it, and for the cost of it, you really cant go wrong. I'm with Shorty on this one, send him in the direction of the ceramic.

Whazuuup! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Non-believer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whazuuup! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 10:38am
I also vote for the J&J ceramic, or for a little bit more, get a Lapco Bigshot. Both are great barrels for the price.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 10:41am
I have both the Lapco, and the J&J. I prefer the Lapco, but its all personal preference...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <Stealthy> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 3:25pm
alright thanks for the help but i have one more question, What is the difference between the lapco bigshot autospirit, bead blasted or just the regular barrel?

Edited by <Stealthy>
-Tippman 98c
-Lapco Bigshot 14"
-Flatline
-Palmer Stablizer (male)
-Dead On dropforward
-Hyperstar bolt
-Red dot sight
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 4:20pm
The AutoSpirit is just a smaller bore. So tell him to get the Bigshot for more range in paint. And the difference between the regular and Bead Blasted, is just the finish on the barrel. The regualr is shiny, the BB is dull. The performance will be the same between the 2.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic