Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10 Reasons Why Same Sex Marriage is Wrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 Reasons Why Same Sex Marriage is Wrong
    Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:20pm
10 Reasons Why **edited** Marriage is Wrong

01) Being **edited** is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) **edited** marriage will encourage people to be **edited**, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing **edited** marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if **edited** marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. **edited** couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously **edited** parents will raise **edited** children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) **edited** marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) **edited** marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Devil2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
^^^ Just got his fantasy fulfilled ^^^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:22pm
Why is "**edited**" edited? It's not a vulgur term..

Edit: Ok, that is just stupid.

Edited by Devil2

The Evil Thong Girl had something called "Motion Lotion"...it tasted pretty good, I ate the entire contents of the bottle thingy..-Hell's Oracle
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:23pm
Ya I don't usually think too much about same sex marriages...as long as they don't bother me, I'ma not worry about it
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:23pm
Well done, well done!
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:25pm
Well.. Its not clear weather homosexuality is an natural phenomona or a learned trait. We have no idea what causes it.

But from a legal standpoint, if all people are equal, same sex marriages should be legal, all we are doing right now is prohibiting a certain group of people from getting married... legaly, thats wrong.
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Well.. Its not clear weather homosexuality is an natural phenomona or a learned trait. We have no idea what causes it.

But from a legal standpoint, if all people are equal, same sex marriages should be legal, all we are doing right now is prohibiting a certain group of people from getting married... legaly, thats wrong.

Devil2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:31pm

I have revoked your speaking and thinking priviledges. You are now to become a vegetable.

The Evil Thong Girl had something called "Motion Lotion"...it tasted pretty good, I ate the entire contents of the bottle thingy..-Hell's Oracle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:32pm
We cant single out a group of people because of their sexual orientation...

Thats just like singling out a group of people by the color of their skin.
Lemon View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Flaming 9/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:33pm
seen it before
Devil2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:33pm
Which we did in the old'en days with slavery and segregation. And they got away with it for awhile before people started thinking that it was wrong. **edited** white people were and are racist, so why can't straight black people be homophobic without people complaining? Kick up your footrest and grab some popcorn, this is going to be an interesting debate.

Edited by Devil2

hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
who’s the ph00l now?!?!?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:34pm

Has been done....
[IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6924/willproducsv6.jpg">
hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Devil2 Devil2 wrote:

Which we did in the old'en days. And they got away with it for awhile before people started thinking that it was wrong. So we'll just let this play out. Kick up your footrest and grab some popcorn.

If this is applying to homosexual relationships then that is not true. We have become more flexible over time. English class does help, we learned Oscar Wilde, author of "The Importance of Being Ernest", had his career ruined when rumors of homosexuality came up.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by hoginds24 hoginds24 wrote:

Has been done....

And i guess that just makes it perfectly OK. We are supposed to be the nation of acceptance and civil liberties.
hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:39pm

Originally posted by hoginds24 hoginds24 wrote:

Has been done....

And i guess that just makes it perfectly OK. We are supposed to be the nation of acceptance and civil liberties.

No, I'm just saying we don't need another war over an issue like this...
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:40pm

Um, its not a learned trait, they know that. C'mon dbib, I figured you'd have known that...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:42pm
Sure it is, anything can be a learned habbit or trait.

This is just a facet of the Nature V. Nurture argument.
Devil2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:43pm
Well I'll get on the offensive for a few minutes, and say this:

I don't think homosexuality is a learned trait. I definately think it naturally happens. Its like a guy being attracted to a girl, it just happens. You aren't like "oh yeah, I think I'm going to like girls..", you just find yourself staring at girls butts and other physical endowments for almost no reason other than that you are attracted to them. I don't really blame **edited** people, because I don't think they can control it. I just don't really want them to be getting all mushy infront of me.

Edit: Nature vs. nurture has nothing to do with it in my mind. I think that it is something in either your DNA (chromosomic level?), or a part of your brain that becomes more over-stimulated or under-stimulated than most straight-peoples. It's not like you are going to be **edited** when you are grown up in a straight household. Nurture has nothing to do with it. Nature has everything to do with it.

Edited by Devil2

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:52pm
Not true. Thats just not true. If nature were everything, if nature dictated all that we are going to be, then every single human world wide would react and assimilate in the exact same way, culture views and the moores and folkways of society dictate our actions on almost every single level of our being, this is an example of a learned behavior. We learn by imitating what we see and what our culture tells us in acceptable and what is not.

Thats one part of it. Weather homosexuality is purely a learned traight, or a disorder we are born with is anyones guesses. Sociologists have been struggling with this question for decades.

Some teen on his computer with no formal education on the matter will not know his but from a hole in the ground as far as this matter is concerned.
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:52pm
Way to turn a joking thread into a debate....
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

08) **edited** marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
Last I checked, every major religion says **edited** marriage is a sin. Christanity, Judeasim, and Islam.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic