Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10 Reasons Why Same Sex Marriage is Wrong

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:


Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

What about a older man and a younger girl? As in the guy is 40 and the girl is 10. You support straight marrige, is that right?


If someone supported NABMLA, I'm sure they would support this.


I used your logic against you and you failed to come back with something intelligent to say. Good job. Your logic failed. Remind me again why **edited** marrige is wrong?


 


It's because I dont really support NAMBLA, I'm just using it for arguments sake...


No, but you're accusing anyone who supports same sex marriage that they also support NAMBLA simpley because it deals with same sex issues. Now, if you see how I can turn that on anyone who supports a marriage between a man and a woman, I'm sure you can see how stupid that logic is.

Back to Top
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Joined: 16 December 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

What about a older man and a younger girl? As in the guy is 40 and the girl is 10. You support straight marrige, is that right?

If someone supported NABMLA, I'm sure they would support this.

 

If NAMGLA was a real group, would that mean we should outlaw Heterosexual Marriage?

 

...

Answer the question.

It doesn't make sense.

**edited** marriage isn't illegal because of NAMBLA




saepe fidelis
Back to Top
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Joined: 30 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6120
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

What about a older man and a younger girl? As in the guy is 40 and the girl is 10. You support straight marrige, is that right?

If someone supported NABMLA, I'm sure they would support this.

You are trying to say that it should be though.

If NAMGLA was a real group, would that mean we should outlaw Heterosexual Marriage?

 

...

Answer the question.

It doesn't make sense.

**edited** marriage isn't illegal because of NAMBLA


Back to Top
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Joined: 16 December 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:


Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

What about a older man and a younger girl? As in the guy is 40 and the girl is 10. You support straight marrige, is that right?


If someone supported NABMLA, I'm sure they would support this.


I used your logic against you and you failed to come back with something intelligent to say. Good job. Your logic failed. Remind me again why **edited** marrige is wrong?


 


It's because I dont really support NAMBLA, I'm just using it for arguments sake...


No, but you're accusing anyone who supports same sex marriage that they also support NAMBLA simpley because it deals with same sex issues. Now, if you see how I can turn that on anyone who supports a marriage between a man and a woman, I'm sure you can see how stupid that logic is.

 

Alright, I see what you mean now.

I was saying that a member of NAMBLA could use the same arguments being used here for **edited** marriage.



Edited by Jim Paint



saepe fidelis
Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:10pm
We're not trying to prove nambla legal...

Back to Top
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Joined: 16 December 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Also this raises another interesting question. Jessica Simpson was a hugh wait till marriage to have sex supporter.

Now it appears she married the wrong guy and wasted her virginity. If she ever remarries all that previous waiting was for not. So in her case what is the point of waiting to have sex, marry the wrong person, and then have nothing to show for all the waiting.... Would she have made the same choice to marry Nick of she hadnt wanted to be married before having sex? So what is the difference between being married for three years and having sex with a person and then divorsing or having sex with someone for three years without getting married? the only difference I see is that the later is alot cheaper...

So, this is one bad example.  You can't say that everyone has this experience if they wait, or even that waiting and then losing it to the person she won't stay with is wrong.  She hasn't been risking STD's or pregnancy.  How is that a bad thing?

 

EDIT- Oh yeah, I forgot your abortion makes my lifestyle easier thing.

Well she hasn't risked STD's at least.



Edited by Jim Paint



saepe fidelis
Back to Top
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Joined: 16 December 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:21pm

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

We're not trying to prove nambla legal...

 

I know.  I was trying to show how that arguments FOR **edited** marriage could be used FOR legalizing nambla.




saepe fidelis
Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:27pm
No, not really.

Back to Top
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 August 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2101
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:28pm
I have had almost enough of this bloody forum LOL.

Dudes a half witted comment made to point out the fact that homosexuality is UNATURAL and my proof was that if left alone homosexuality obviously cant survive their for its is NOT NATURAL.  That is how i come to my conclushion that Homosexuality is a mental illness or a Choich.

All of us are born with natural instincs and attractions correct?   Our insticts are to survive primarily just as a animals insticts do for them.  We strive not only to survive as a person but also as a race of human behings.  So if a person IS born without thes natural insticts are they not Missing a fundamental part of life mentally???? AKA a mental illness.

This is my last post in this tread so feel free to continue bashing me and my opinions and rashenalize it any way ya like i dont give a rats hide quaters.  I have stated my opinions and facts and have gron tired now of restateing em in new words.

Lets just say im Agreeing to Disagree.

And also thax to the few that actually understood my argument even if you did not agree with em at least ya answer in a mature fashion without the BS smart aleck responses.


Edited by BearClaw
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:33pm

There is one central difference between homosexuality and pedophilia:  consent.

Most countries in the world have some age limit under which a child is deemed not capable of consent for sexual purposes.  It's not a magic number that suddenly makes you understand, but if are going to have a limit, then we have to pick a number.  In this country that numbers varies from 12 to 18, depending on the state.

That age of consent applies whether there is a two week age difference or a 90 years age difference (Romeo and Juliet laws aside).  NAMBLA is not troublesome at all (ickiness aside) so long as the boys in question are above the age of consent.  If the boy is below the age of consent, then it is a different matter entirely.

**edited** marriage is all about people who are well above the age of consent.  The comparison to NAMBLA is only interesting to Rick Santorum.  You cannot compare a fully consented relationship to a non-consensual relationship.  That's like saying that rape should be legal because marriage is legal.

Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:33pm
How do you know that being homosexual isn't natural? Maybe everyone is born homosexual, but chooses to be straight.

Back to Top
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Joined: 16 December 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:37pm

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

How do you know that being homosexual isn't natural? Maybe everyone is born homosexual, but chooses to be straight.

That is a stupid joke, isn't it?




saepe fidelis
Back to Top
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6483
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

We're not trying to prove nambla legal...

 

I know.  I was trying to show how that arguments FOR **edited** marriage could be used FOR legalizing nambla.



—Wrong, Jim Paint. First, it's touching on slippery slope to even suggest that legalizing **edited** marriage would necessarily lead to the legalization of any other socially shunned activity, including a relationship between an adult male and a minor male.

Of course, you seem to be making an analogy between NAMBLA and same-sex marriage in an effort to prove . . . something, not really sure what though. For one, if you do succeed in logically proving that NAMBLA's practices are just as legitimate as same-sex marriages, then you've only heightened the legitimacy of NAMBLA because so far you've been unable to offer us any logical or moral problems with same sex marriage. What you are trying to do is very clear, actually: with your analogy, you are trying not to establish any actual facts, but rather to play on the biases of your opponents. —Good try.

However, your argument is flawed and fallacious; the entire analogy is questionable at best. Same-sex marriage would occur between two consenting adults while NAMBLA's actions would occur between one adult and a minor, who cannot consent. Let's avoid euphemisms; NAMBLA promotes what the law now considers to be rape. And of course, there is the second point: a homosexual couple strolling down the streets, perhaps kissing a bit, could do so directly in front of an officer of the law, whereas an adult and a child performing such a public stunt would cause the police officer to immediately some sort of action. . . .

Now, Jim Paint, if you're against **edited** marriage, that's absolutely fine. But let's argue with real logic. If you would like to address my point, then quote me, read carefully, and stay on task. This thread is ten pages long, and it seems that most of the posters have a greater intention to flex their eMuscles and boost their egos than to actually debate the topic and learn a little bit about the argument's objective facts.

EDIT: Clark's always a step ahead of me. I spend too much time typing.


Edited by Ejp414
__________________
__________________

Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:39pm

Originally posted by BearClaw BearClaw wrote:



Dudes a half witted comment made to point out the fact that homosexuality is UNATURAL and my proof was that if left alone homosexuality obviously cant survive their for its is NOT NATURAL.  That is how i come to my conclushion that Homosexuality is a mental illness or a Choich.

Ah, yes - the unnatural argument.

Ok, let's say it is unnatural, or a choice.  So what?  What possible relevance does that have?

Natural things:

Cancer
Idiots
Tornados
Drowning

"Unnatural" things:

Computers (like the one you are using now)
Medicine
Clothes
Houses
Paintball
Everything else

Since when is unnatural bad?  Since when is choice bad?  This must be the worst argument ever.

And, of course, homosexuality is perfectly natural.  There are plenty of homosexual animals around.  I guess they were made that way by MTV, or maybe they chose to be **edited**.

Quote All of us are born with natural instincs and attractions correct?   Our insticts are to survive primarily just as a animals insticts do for them.  We strive not only to survive as a person but also as a race of human behings.  So if a person IS born without thes natural insticts are they not Missing a fundamental part of life mentally???? AKA a mental illness.

Yes doctor.

Actually, no - check in with an actual medical doctor or psychologist on that fine theory.  This is what happens when clergy pretends to be scientists.

But again - SO WHAT?  Retards are allowed to marry, and so are homocidal sociopaths.  I think we can all agree that they are quite mentally ill.  If Kyle Menendez and Charles Manson can marry, why can't Richard Simmons?



Edited by Clark Kent
Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Jim Paint Jim Paint wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

How do you know that being homosexual isn't natural? Maybe everyone is born homosexual, but chooses to be straight.


That is a stupid joke, isn't it?


No.

Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:44pm

I thought it was rather clever myself...

If homosexuality is a "choice", then by logical extension so is heterosexuality.

Back to Top
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6483
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

I thought it was rather clever myself...

If homosexuality is a "choice", then by logical extension so is heterosexuality.



—Haha, nice one. Of course, if the same-sex marriage opponent were any good, he'd simply say that those called "homosexual" remain biologically heterosexual but choose to live a homosexual lifestyle anyway for whatever reason (or reasons). Technically, one would choose not to live that lifestyle, but then you'd get into semantics, and . . . you get the jist of what I'm saying, right?


Edited by Ejp414
__________________
__________________

Back to Top
Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Joined: 16 December 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:50pm

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

How do you know that being homosexual isn't natural? Maybe everyone is born homosexual, but chooses to be straight.

I'm not sure how evolution brought male/female into play, but wouldn't those organisms have died off then?

 

NVM, I see.

Monkeys fondle each others goodies and then only make babies to survive.



Edited by Jim Paint



saepe fidelis
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:53pm

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

 ... he'd simply say that those called "homosexual" remain biologically heterosexual but choose to live a homosexual lifestyle anyway for whatever reason ...

Sure - there is a legitimate distinction to be made between the desire and the action.

Back to Top
Cedric View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Unit

Joined: 24 November 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4240
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 10:55pm
Not every living thing is either homosexual or straight. There could be a mix of them..

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.