Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It was inevitable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 6:07pm
And someone is paid to make it, so what is the problem?
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 6:08pm
Its a pain in the but that is unecessary because some pompous moron feels offended.

This is what is wrong with the US.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

How hard would it be to swap out a template with a new template? Our currency has been changed and redesigned several times over the past several years. Why would this change be any more difficult?

But the old currency has stayed in circulation. Are you proposing making entirely new money on every bill?
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 6:11pm
Some people enjoy pain in the butt....

I assume that too is what is wrong with the US.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 6:13pm
We arent going to get rid of all the billions of dollars in currency that is in circulation. Its not going to happen.

I dont like how the government has no backbone anymore. Its backwards, the ACLU fights peoples rights to have religious displays in their front yards, while people put hate literature in minorities mailboxes, and this is perfectly fine.

It makes me sick.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

But the old currency has stayed in circulation. Are you proposing making entirely new money on every bill?

Guess again... Banks and the Treasury sort through the currency all the time and destroy it.

If people wish to keep the old currency and not put it into the circulation that is fine but I dont see the need for more of the possibalby unconstitional currency. There arent that many templates they would have to redo. They recently redid them all anyways, to make it harder to counterfeit, so what is the big deal over remaking the designs and printing different bills?

Edited by Hades
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 6:20pm
with all the inflation problems lately that have caused the value of our dollar to drop, the last thing we need to worry about is making it look better or removing a few words. the rest of the atheists managed to ignore the phrase...

i think he should be helpful and focus on ways to improve economic status and increase the value of our dollar. and you know what, if he can single handedly manage that, i'd be happy to remodel the dollar however he wishes.
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

We arent going to get rid of all the billions of dollars in currency that is in circulation. Its not going to happen.

I dont like how the government has no backbone anymore. Its backwards, the ACLU fights peoples rights to have religious displays in their front yards, while people put hate literature in minorities mailboxes, and this is perfectly fine.

It makes me sick.

At least they can't tape their hate literature to their mailboxes.

My cousin and I learned that when we were advertising the lawncare business we tried to start a few years ago. We got a call from the city the next day.

That had nothing at all to do with the topic, but, carry on.
WGP guy2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I play the Bag Pipes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Homer J Homer J wrote:

It makes me sick.

At least they can't tape their hate literature to their mailboxes.

My cousin and I learned that when we were advertising the lawncare business we tried to start a few years ago. We got a call from the city the next day.

That had nothing at all to do with the topic, but, carry on.

Its also illegal to open someone's mailbox.  And a mailbox is government property.
bluemunky View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 7:00pm

It makes me sick.

That isn't perfectly fine, it's illegal. There was recently a scandal in the Baltimore County(Maryland) area involving a white-supremacy newspaper, entitled "The Aryan Alternative", some guy(s) were distributing the newspapers in mostly black neighborhoods, and arrests were made.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:05pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Is there a particular reason you site MSNBC more often than not?

I only notice because they seem to have more annoying ads on their site compaired to CNN.

I don't like the CNN layout, so CNN isn't on my regular news haunt.  ABCNews gives me annoying popunders, so MSNBC gets my vote for most convenient new site.  The ads don't particularly bother me - in fact, it hadn't occurred to me that they even had ads until you just now said so.  I guess I'm pretty good at tuning them out.

BTW - I started this thread 4-5 hours ago, and already on page 3?  I that answers the question of "what's the big frickin' deal?" - Obviously people care.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:09pm

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Believe it or not this country is founded on Christian pricipals

That's both disputable and irrelevant.

Several of the founders were deists.  Others (including Thomas Jefferson, for instance), were a lot further away from being Christians than that.  TJ famously rewrote the Bible to take out all of the silly "god stuff".

Moreover, the First Amendment makes it pretty clear that the government cannot favor one religion over another, and both the founders (Jefferson and Adams) and the Supreme Court have made it clear that there is to be a "wall of separation" between church and state.  So it is in fact irrelevant whether the country was "founded" on "christian principles".

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:10pm

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Rosa Parks got too much credit.

Did you know that three other black women did the same thing as her before she did and not one of them was recognized?

Not just three - many black men and women had refused to move over the years, and they were all beaten or jailed.

If anything, that makes Mrs. Parks actions MORE remarkable - would you sit still, knowing that EVERY time somebody else tried that stunt they got jailed or beaten, or both?  She KNEW she would get in serious trouble, and did it anyway.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:12pm

No ones civil rights are being jeopardized.

I disagree.

As always, the test is simple:  Would anybody's civil rights be jeopardized if we changed it "In Allah We Trust"?

If we think it is wrong to put "Allah" (in pledge or money), then it is equally wrong to put "God".  To say anything else would be to favor one religion over another.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:14pm
quadruple post.... do i hear a record broken?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:16pm

No, the act of removing the words is an endorsment of atheism

Had they not been there in the first place it would be fine

From this I extrapolate that you favor REMOVING "under God" from the Pledge?  (Since it wasn't in the original)

But, more to the point:  I conclude that you therefore MUST support removing the phrase from money now, since it wasn't added on money until the Civil War.

In fact, if you check the history of almost every visible religious tradition like these in this country, you will find that most of them were added/introduced long after the founding of the nation, and usually at the behest of a religious group.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:17pm
crap i ruined the quintuple post string
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:19pm

I dont like how the government has no backbone anymore.

I think there are many things we can say about the current administration - not having a backbone is not one of them...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:20pm

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

crap i ruined the quintuple post string

Doh!

Sorry about the string-posting...   Had to catch up after my lunch/shopping trip.

:)

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

No, the act of removing the words is an endorsment of atheism

Had they not been there in the first place it would be fine

From this I extrapolate that you favor REMOVING "under God" from the Pledge?  (Since it wasn't in the original)

But, more to the point:  I conclude that you therefore MUST support removing the phrase from money now, since it wasn't added on money until the Civil War.

In fact, if you check the history of almost every visible religious tradition like these in this country, you will find that most of them were added/introduced long after the founding of the nation, and usually at the behest of a religious group.

No, I would have favored it not being put in in the first place, now that its there its a violation of the First Amendment to remove it.

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic